Sign in to follow this  
Omzin8a

Results - A Level and GCSE

Re: Results - A Level and GCSE

I'm not far away from doing A-Levels, can somebody explain to me fully how the system works? I know you take four subjects, but what happens then. Do you drop one? Are the only proper exams you do the ones at the end of the two years? Are A-Levels fun to do?

The one you enjoy least

I'd disagree. I'd say you pick the three you think will get the best three grades in and then drop the one where you think could struggle the most, regardless of enjoyment.

GCSE results is one thing, AS results (and maybe A2) is a whole other ball game. All the hassle with UCAS points and Universities takes over.

I got a B, C, D and E. Retaking E in January. Funnily enough I'm dropping the subject I got a B in. 50 UCAS points in the bag :D

I'm not far away from doing A-Levels' date=' can somebody explain to me fully how the system works? I know you take four subjects, but what happens then. Do you drop one? Are the only proper exams you do the ones at the end of the two years? Are A-Levels fun to do?.[/quote']

The regular format is: You take four subjects for AS (first year) and sit those over the course of the year. These results count for half of your A Level course. After the first year, you can drop one, choose to continue all four, do resits if necessary, pick up an AS subject to do with your A2's (second year), and probably more, there's quite a variety.

Nearly all subjects (if not all) will have exams over the course of the first and second year. As for whether they're fun or not, it depends what you choose, whether you're interested in the subject and whether you're good at it (obviously if you're better at a subject then you'll enjoy it more.)

I'd disagree. I'd say you pick the three you think will get the best three grades in and then drop the one where you think could struggle the most' date=' regardless of enjoyment.[/quote']

Been there, done that (well, I kept all 4 subjects but hey-ho). A2 is a fair whack harder than AS and you're likely to spend more time on the stuff you enjoy more. It's probably the case that these guys did best in the subjects they like most anyway. You get enjoyment from doing well and you do well through enjoyment.

Get my GCSE results Tuesday. Can safely say I'm chiting it!

I thought you were far older than that :eek:

i got 3 Bs and a C in my AS levels.

i don't have a clue what subject i should drop next year

You should take time to think about your long term plans before choosing. You may absolutely hate one subject but it might be relevant to your desired career path or the degree you hope to study' date=' if you're planning on going to uni that is. I hate Maths for example, but I did it in A2 because it was compulsory to have Maths for the degree I chose.

I got,

U, X, D

absolute flop..

Not too late. Revise Revise and fill in resit forms; my college gave students free resits, otherwise you'd have to fork out some dough. I managed to turn my abysmal AS grades around through hard work and constant revision. And don't try to resit them all in January. Do some in June to spread the workload because you still have to revise for your A2s plus you'd have coursework too.

I know im only in year 10 but i had 2 results today

Science = 66/69 = C

P.E GCSE = 21 = D

Science im pleased with as thats my worst subject baring German and P.E im really really disappointed with as i should really be in the A/B section for that easily.

I know im only in year 10 but i had 2 results today

Science = 66/69 = C

P.E GCSE = 21 = D

Science im pleased with as thats my worst subject baring German and P.E im really really disappointed with as i should really be in the A/B section for that easily.

Congrats man, I'm in year 10 aswell got 3 of my results today aswell..

Science : C

Statistics : C

Film Studies : B

Wasn't too happy, but oh well, didn't revise much.. :o

Good Luck man, in year 11..;)

Congrats man' date=' I'm in year 10 aswell got 3 of my results today aswell..

Science : C

Statistics : C

Film Studies : B

Wasn't too happy, but oh well, didn't revise much.. :o

Good Luck man, in year 11..;)[/quote']

Well done to you to mate and also to Chewett and Bail for there results. I also need to knuckle down next year and really work if im going to get my passes as i get easilt distracted and revision doesnt reallly happen B)

Good luck to you to

4 B's' date=' 5 C's 1 D.

Going to laugh so hard in my food tech teachers FAT face, told my parents id get a E, and got a B.

Standardddd[/quote']

Well done my man, I hate teachers like that. My GCSE ICT teacher told my mum I was incapable of getting above an E. He wouldn't even tell me what I needed to do for extra marks, he'd just tell me my work was good enough. Well I showed him!

But thats another topic on its own. Well done to everyone and don't listen to your teachers, just aim for the best;).

I'm going to sound a proper c unt bragging now but these results made my week. I've just finished year 10.

English - B

After being predicted a D, chuffed with that.

P2 - 100 A*

Think that was 1 & 1/2 hour writing paper, 100 mofoing % after getting Ds and scraping Cs consistently in the mocks, my science teacher ringing home every week to report on my behaivour and threatening me with being moved down every week since about last October.

B2 - 78 B

A lot better than I expected.

Science resit - 47/50 A*

Didn't even know I was taking it until morning of the exam but thought I'd have a crack anyway as it was multipule choice. Must've got lucky on quite a few of the questions.

Statistics - A

Did the coursework in an afternoon, so it was **** but the exam was surprisingly easy.

Guest Phill

3A*'s' date=' 4A's and 3B's, so pleased :)[/quote']

Wow! Well done.

No wonder you were quiet on SM this year.

Well done to all people who are pleased with what they got.

I just hope I do well in 2 or 3 years time. :o