William Gallas Joining Spurs

Cazza

Re: William Gallas Joining Spurs

down to 91 at least he hasn't been performing anyway

If you look at how he played in the back end of last season yes he will drop, but if this move goes through and Gallas joins Spurs he may well be playing champions league football for a decent premier league team who have an outside chance of challenging for the league.

It all depends on how quickly the English changes come around and how well Tottenham do.

not really a traitor ' date=' i would say more of a money grabbing .... lol[/quote']

and why not ?

players like robinio irritate me because his money grabbing and complete lack of desire to play anywhere is unbeliveable. joins man city, gets fed up and goes to santon where the then loves it and refuses to go back to city. or if he does will just stroll through with no effort. that is wrong i could go on for hours, i just hope no club ever signs him again, he ruins clubs he plays for with his stupid attitude.

but players like gallas, if they play well at their new clubs and put in effort whats wrong with accepting a better contract ? everybody else takes better paid jobs i think footballers should do too :)

anyway, i think gallas will to 93 > 91/92 but it depends if he gets games for spurs before being reviewed, playing well could see him keep 92 :)

Just one word about Gallas. Traiter. He first joined Chelsea then Arsenal and now Tottenham. He's joined everyones rivals....

No he isnt. Other than playing for that club he has no affiliation with them' date=' he wasnt born in that part of London, didnt come through the academy, just went to a rival.

not really a traitor , i would say more of a money grabbing .... lol

Im pretty sure would of taken a pay cut, arbeit a small one, or been on the same as he was at Chelsea when he moved to Arsenal. His wages at Spurs are smaller than the contract he was offered by Arsenal this year, so he aint a money grabber.

and why not ?

players like robinio irritate me because his money grabbing and complete lack of desire to play anywhere is unbeliveable. joins man city' date=' gets fed up and goes to santon where the then loves it and refuses to go back to city. or if he does will just stroll through with no effort. that is wrong i could go on for hours, i just hope no club ever signs him again, he ruins clubs he plays for with his stupid attitude.

whats wrong with accepting a better contract ? everybody else takes better paid jobs i think footballers should do too :)

[/quote']

He is on less at Spurs

He is on less at Spurs

i know it just irritates me when people cal any football a mercenary just for moving clubs.

anyway as far as i knew he left arsenal because they would not give him a 2 year contract and there was a pay dispute ?

so now he has joined spurs on a...one year contract and lower wages:confused:

have i gone wrong somewhere ?

he was getting game time at arsenal, i don't see why he wanted a move away tbh :P

i know it just irritates me when people cal any football a mercenary just for moving clubs.

anyway as far as i knew he left arsenal because they would not give him a 2 year contract and there was a pay dispute ?

so now he has joined spurs on a...one year contract and lower wages:confused:

have i gone wrong somewhere ?

he was getting game time at arsenal' date=' i don't see why he wanted a move away tbh :P[/quote']

Maybe Gallas thought he would have plenty of offers. If they have not come to fruition then getting a one year deal on lower wages is better than being left in limbo.

Maybe Gallas thought he would have plenty of offers. If they have not come to fruition then getting a one year deal on lower wages is better than being left in limbo.

thats exactly what i thought, i think maybe he expected milan or any other reasonably large club to step in and give him a 2 year deal with good salary, but when olymaaicos and clubs like that are your only options he goes to spurs obviously !

Personally I hate the idea of gallas joining spurs. And i think the main reason for him to join us is that he want to prove wenger he was worth a 2-year deal. Although he only got a 1-year deal with tottenham he has an option for another year.

I think he left Arsenal as he thought he was worth a two year deal, but I think he is keen to join Spurs as we are one of those prepared to offer it. I don't think spiting Wenger comes into it.

I am happy he is joining. An experienced CB is exactly what we need. Why do you hate the idea of him joining? It's not like we are paying anything for him other than wages, and he is meant to be taking a pay cut.

Harry Redknapp said the following and I totally agree:

“He’ll bring experience because he is a top-class player. Arsenal wanted to keep him and offered him a contract. So as a free transfer it’s a no brainer.

He’s not the first player to go from Arsenal to Tottenham or Tottenham to Arsenal.

He’s a footballer, a great lad, smashing, and he’ll improve Tottenham.

He’s got the bottle to come and play here and I’m sure the fans will give him a good reception.

He’s got vast experience and on a free transfer it’s a fantastic deal for us.

Whenever we’ve played against him he’s looked a world class player.”

Personally I hate the idea of gallas joining spurs. And i think the main reason for him to join us is that he want to prove wenger he was worth a 2-year deal. Although he only got a 1-year deal with tottenham he has an option for another year.

why ?

your name is lennon so i presume you support spurs ;)

anyway, ok he was a rival but he is a very good player, with a good team you have ATM gallas on a free transfer is probably one of the best deals this season arguably !

he is a rival but he will help spurs to sucess :)