NFL Predict

1970+NFL+Logo.gif

Format:

Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you get one point. For each incorrect prediction, you get no points. You end up with a correct-incorrect score that will look like so: 9-7, for example.

Each week, you will be up against a fellow forumer. In each match-up, it is your aim to beat your opponent by correctly predicting more games than your opponent. If you do so, you win the tie for that week and earn yourself a notch in the WIN column. If you lose, you are left with a depressing notch in the LOSS column.

In case of a tie, where both forumers end up with the same record for the week, there shall be a tie-break which shall be to guess how many points there are in that week's Monday Night Football game.

If a forumer fails to enter his picks before the commencement of the weeks games, then he shall fall victim to the auto-pick procedure. That means that they shall automatically be selected with the road team in each match that week. So, if you don't get your picks in by 6PM BST sharp on a Sunday evening, then you'll have to hope and prey that the heavyweights are all on the road that weekend.

Once you have submitted your predictions for that week, then you are only allowed to edit two predictions before the games take place. If you do decide to altar any of your predictions, you must let me know.

Tables

NFLPredictWeek3Tables.png

Key:

W = Wins

L = Losses

T = Ties

CP = Correct Picks

IP = Incorrect Picks

TB W/L = Tie-Breaker Wins/Losses

DIV = Divisional Record

CON = Conference Record

INTCON = Inter-Conference Record

Power Rankings

Powerrankings3REE.jpg?t=1285684866

Schedule:

Each forumer will play every opponent in their division twice, every opponent in the opposing division in their conference and six teams from the opposing conference.

nflpredictschedule.png

Key:

Orange = Divsional Game

Green = Conference Game

Blue = Inter-Conference Game

Play-offs:

nflpredictplay-offs.png

More details regarding the play-offs shall come at a later date.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: NFL Predict Week Four Round-up Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best

Re: NFL Predict powerrankings

NFL Predict Format: Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you

Re: NFL Predict - Proposal

I would dispute that fact' date=' but that was a bloomin' tight division last year! No doubt it will be again this year.[/quote']

Mate it will take very strong arguments to dispute that the NFC East is the toughest Division in football.

None can compare to be so competitive.

I think Eagles are going to miss play-offs, Kolb cannot carry the Offense, they don't have Westbrook to be their weapon but DeSean Jackson is lights out......the kid is AMAZING.

I Don't get how on EARTH, Andy Ried could send Mcnabb to Redskins, yeah he had to get rid of him but to a team in your Division....bad move.......it's gonna be a good year for Redskins

Every Year you hear this is the year for the Cowboys.....and Romo finds someway to eff it up...with is Drama. Forget the Weapons at WR, Forget the Tough Running Game, Forget Romo can be unstoppable if the OL gives him time.......ALL I'm going to say is DEFENSE.....Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The only reason Giants are going to compete is because of their Coach, Tom Coughlin and the Offensive Co-ordinator, KG......Eli is obviously good.....he has stepped out of the shadow of his older brother...they will reach play-offs......but the won't be champions.

First of all, I am very interested. Wasnt aware of how popular manly football was in England :P.

Secondly, there is no division close to the NFC East, its insane. The next hardest would have to be the AFC North. I think the Bengals will actually take that title.

Thirdly, my favorite team is the Super Bowl-Hosting, Super Bowl-Favorites, America's team, the Dallas Cowboys.

And my Week 1 predictions:

Vikings @ Saints - Saints

Browns @ Buccaneers - Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Bills - Dolphins

Bengals @ Patriots - Bengals

Colts @ Texans - Colts

Broncos @ Jaguars - Broncos

Falcons @ Steelers - Steelers

Raiders @ Titans - Titans

Panthers @ Giants - Giants

Lions @ Bears - Bears

Cardinals @ Rams - Cardinals

Packers @ Eagles - Packers

49ers @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins - Cowboys

Ravens @ Giants - Giants

Chargers @ Chiefs - Chargers

First of all' date=' I am very interested. Wasnt aware of how popular manly football was in England :P.

Secondly, there is no division close to the NFC East, its insane. The next hardest would have to be the AFC North. I think the Bengals will actually take that title.

Thirdly, my favorite team is the Super Bowl-Hosting, Super Bowl-Favorites, America's team, the Dallas Cowboys.

And my Week 1 predictions:

Vikings @ Saints - Saints

Browns @ Buccaneers - Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Bills - Dolphins

Bengals @ Patriots - Bengals

Colts @ Texans - Colts

Broncos @ Jaguars - Broncos

Falcons @ Steelers - Steelers

Raiders @ Titans - Titans

Panthers @ Giants - Giants

Lions @ Bears - Bears

Cardinals @ Rams - Cardinals

Packers @ Eagles - Packers

49ers @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins - Cowboys

Ravens @ Giants - Giants

Chargers @ Chiefs - Chargers[/quote']

Cheers Nino. You're in for number three.

Don't worry about making predictions just yet - I want to get the participants and format all done and dusted before we go into that. Besides, you might want to change your mind on one or two games by the time we actually get to Week One. ;)

Cheers Nino. You're in for number three.

Don't worry about making predictions just yet - I want to get the participants and format all done and dusted before we go into that. Besides' date=' you might want to change your mind on one or two games by the time we actually get to Week One. ;)[/quote']

Hahaha true true

Interesting picks made by you two both' date=' playing it very safe and going with the favourites.

As Andy pointed out there is a lot of time left before Week One.

Hope to see more people participate.[/quote']

Im in it to win it, why not pick the team that is gonna win;)

Interesting picks made by you two both' date=' playing it very safe and going with the favourites.

As Andy pointed out there is a lot of time left before Week One.

Hope to see more people participate.[/quote']

I won't be having those as my picks. They were just an example, although I did consciously pick the favourites for the majority, yes.

im up for it

p.s mon the broncos :D

Sign me up' date=' champ.

And you know who I support. ;)[/quote']

Excellent, two more names in the hat.

Now, I'm expecting a couple more NFL fans to get back to me, as well as few with a mild interest to get involved, but I can't see us attracting 32 forumers at this rate. Unless things pick up, I'm gonna restrict the league to 16 competitors, which shall change the format somewhat.

I'll be having a think about what changes shall be needed and may need to run a few things by you guys as a result.

Thanks Andy for this thrilling invitation. Count me in as I've been a long time NFL fan. And I mean a loooooonnnnng time. Won't reveal my age, I'll just say that I'm a fan of the best team of the last thirty years, the San Francisco 49ers! And that my favorite player all time is Joe Montana, with Jerry «Instant TD» Rice coming a close second. Can't wait for the start of the season!

jerry-rice-joe-montana-c10108535.jpg

Thanks Andy for this thrilling invitation. Count me in as I've been a long time NFL fan. And I mean a loooooonnnnng time. Won't reveal my age' date='[b'] I'll just say that I'm a fan of the best team of the last thirty years, the San Francisco 49ers![/b] And that my favorite player all time is Joe Montana, with Jerry «Instant TD» Rice coming a close second. Can't wait for the start of the season!

jerry-rice-joe-montana-c10108535.jpg

Haha, I'm sure that statement could be up for debate!! :D

That's seven on board with one or two more that I'm sure will want to join in once they get back to me. Hoping we can attract another nine guys in total to have a league of 16 forumers.

More details on the revised plans shall be coming soon.