• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: NFL Predict Week Four Round-up Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best

Re: NFL Predict powerrankings

NFL Predict Format: Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you

Re: NFL Predict

Bengals @ Falcons 32-39

Steelers @ Dolphins 23-22

Bills @ Ravens 34-37

Jaguars @ Chiefs 20-42

Browns @ Saints 30-17

Redskins @ Bears 17-14

49ers @ Panthers 20-23

Rams @ Buccaneers 17-18

Eagles @ Titans 19-37

Cardinals @ Seahawks 10-22

Patriots @ Chargers 23-20

Raiders @ Broncos 59-14

Vikings @ Packers 24-28

Giants @ Cowboys 42 (41-35)

10/14.

Thanks to the eagle-eyed Johnny, I have had to make a small ammendment to last weeks scores. I gave Hercule a point for predicting a win for the Chiefs, when they actually lost to the Texans. Therefore, his match-up with JC didn't go to a TBer, and an ever so slight adjustments to the tables has been made.

Week6mistake.png

NFLPredictWeek6Tables-Mistake-1.png

I urge anyone to get in contact with me if they dispute anything to do with my scoring system, no matter how frivelous.

Thanks,

Andy

Good luck to everyone this weekend...

Bengals @ Falcons

Steelers @ Dolphins

Bills @ Ravens

Jaguars @ Chiefs - Jags starting a 2nd string QB

Browns @ Saints

Redskins @ Bears

49ers @ Panthers - I have zero feel for this. Steve Smith is back & the Niners stink on the road... but somehow I'm still picking SF...whatever...

Rams @ Buccaneers

Eagles @ Titans

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Patriots @ Chargers - bet the Over

Raiders @ Broncos

Vikings @ Packers

Giants @ Cowboys (46) - can we all just agree that the "Cowboys-Are-Desperate-So-They-Have-to-Win" theory is a bust

Omar.jpg

And lastly.... The Omar Little Double Barrel Lock of the Week :

More nasty wrecks than you can shake a stick at during this weekend's F1 Korean GP.

Just want to mention it, but major kudos to Andyowls & the très très infamous KNVB & Kylan and the work they do on here. Some of the very very best posts on this Forum every week! And now that Didi is no longer around full time to slaughter one and all when it comes to everything French, this is without a doubt my 100% favorite thread (minus SMEL when it's on)...

Also not sure if anyone knows, but the notorious Troy Lamagna (not to be mistaken with his near identical twin, Biggie Smalls) is going for a championship here on the East Coast of the US. It pains me to say it, but dude is a serious serious LEGIT player. And captain. ALTHOUGH how they let him wear the #10 jersey it is a shear & utter disgrace to the name of "Pele"...!!!!! What has this game come to.... Seriously... (headshake)

btw, Lenny... nice new avatar.

I'm going to echo Johnny's thoughts. Great work guys and please keep it up!

Predictions:

Bengals @ Falcons

Steelers @ Dolphins

Bills @ Ravens

Jaguars @ Chiefs

Browns @ Saints

Redskins @ Bears

49ers @ Panthers

Rams @ Buccaneers

Eagles @ Titans

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Patriots @ Chargers

Raiders @ Broncos

Vikings @ Packers

Giants @ Cowboys - TB: 44

I totally agree with what has been said, I love the thread. Keep up the good work guys!

Facing a must-win situation if I don't want to become the laughing stock of this league! (Or maybe I already am :o )

Bengals @ Falcons

Steelers @ Dolphins

Bills @ Ravens

Jaguars @ Chiefs

Browns @ Saints

Redskins @ Bears

49ers @ Panthers

Rams @ Buccaneers

Eagles @ Titans (has Desean Jackson finally opened his eyes? Ouch !)

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Patriots @ Chargers

Raiders @ Broncos

Vikings @ Packers (Brett Favre coming back home... and winning. Ouch !)

Giants @ Cowboys TB 47

dYL5ltBZZlg

Also not sure if anyone knows' date=' but the notorious Troy Lamagna[/b'] (not to be mistaken with his near identical twin, Biggie Smalls) is going for a championship here on the East Coast of the US. It pains me to say it, but dude is a serious serious LEGIT player. And captain. ALTHOUGH how they let him wear the #10 jersey it is a shear & utter disgrace to the name of "Pele"...!!!!! What has this game come to.... Seriously... (headshake)

Yeah he's having a good season, coming on very strong now and his team is firing on all cylinders. Troy is mid who can play all across the midfield and even up top on attack. A threat with both feet, he has an explosive first step and is excellent at taking people on with pace and skill. Currently looking at playing in college for Bentley or Assumption. (I think johnny that you maybe be the only one who knows what schools those are on this thread)

Guys,

I have made an executive decision to withdraw Troy Lamagna from the competition. After two weeks of non-submitted predictions and numerous ignored PM's and VM's, I have come to the conclusion that Troy is not able to commit to NFL Predict for the rest of the season. Of course, I have no problems if Troy has external factors that are of far greater importance in his personal life, but I am wary about ruining the integrity of the competition. The auto-pick procedure is meant to be a last resort and used on the one-off occasion when circumstances may intervene, as it did for Hercule Poirot this week. I want to try my best to avoid people auto-picking on a consistant basis.

Luckily, we have a ready-made replacement in the form of Dobby, who has contributed his own predictions in the past couple of weeks. I have decided to plug in his predictions for the weekend just gone immediately, meaning that his record of 7-7 narrowly loses out to my record of 8-6. If I had kept Troy's auto-picked record of 6-8, Dobby would still have got the loss.

If anyone has any disputes to my actions here, I welcome their feedback.

Cheers,

Andy

Guys' date='

I have made an executive decision to withdraw Troy Lamagna from the competition. After two weeks of non-submitted predictions and numerous ignored PM's and VM's, I have come to the conclusion that Troy is not able to commit to NFL Predict for the rest of the season. Of course, I have no problems if Troy has external factors that are of far greater importance in his personal life, but I am wary about ruining the integrity of the competition. The auto-pick procedure is meant to be a last resort and used on the one-off occasion when circumstances may intervene, as it did for Hercule Poirot this week. I want to try my best to avoid people auto-picking on a consistant basis.

Luckily, we have a ready-made replacement in the form of Dobby, who has contributed his own predictions in the past couple of weeks. I have decided to plug in his predictions for the weekend just gone immediately, meaning that his record of 7-7 narrowly loses out to my record of 8-6. If I had kept Troy's auto-picked record of 6-8, Dobby would still have got the loss.

If anyone has any disputes to my actions here, I welcome their feedback.

Cheers,

Andy[/quote']

Yeah ...... Good decision Andy........Welcome Dobby:)

btw' date=' Lenny... nice new avatar.

.[/quote']

Oh Johnny.....She's been my fav for years.......The woman melt's me;)

Please please please can we not mention the Bronco's result people:eek:

Time to say goodbye Kid McD:o

Week Seven Round-up

Week7Predictions.png

Champ of the Week - Numbersix

It's taken seven long weeks, but Numbersix finally has something to boast about in that W column - and what a week to do it! Week Seven brought about a key battle with fellow AFC South struggler, JinxMillion, as the pair faced off in a crucial match-up in the race for the play-offs. A win for Jinx would have put Numbersix in a tricky position, and despite an excellent 9-5 score from the Dane, Numbersix pulled it out of the bag with his pick of the Redskins proving crucial.

Props to Johnny C and Lenny59 for also notching 10-4 records this week.

Chump of the Week - Adam D

This week, Adam D is heading into Week Eight of the competition with somewhat of a red face. The NFC North leader scraped past Hercule Poirot in Week Seven despite a poor performance on both sides of the football. Hercule had his number one QB inactive due to illness, so his picks were done for him for what he hopes will be a one-off. Despite this, Adam could only match Hercule's modest 6-8 record as several close match-ups went against Adam. But a minor technicality meant Adam picked up the W, as only he had a TBer prediction to go by in OT.

On a Roll - Johnny C

The big dog from NYC is finally making his mark on NFL Predict. After a steady start, Johnny's gone on a run of four successive victories to take control of the NFC South. His consistant scoring and mean divisional record is keeping him top of the pile, with Stuart H the latest unfortunate soul to feel his wrath. In doing so, he has made himself the man that everyone else wants to beat - can he handle the pressure?

Rude Awakening for.....Dobby

Week Seven saw a new player welcomed to the mix, as Dobby took over from the ailing Troy Lamagna. Unfortunately for the undrafted triggerman, he was granted with a most unwelcome start to life in NFL Predict. Dobby found himself up against NFL Predict Commissioner (:P), andyowls, in Week Seven and went down narrowly in a tight battle which went down to the wire. Dobby's picks of the Packers and Giants narrowed his deficit late on, but the damage had already been done as he began life with a L.

It's tight in the.....AFC North

With over half the season still left to go, there's everything to play for in all four divisions, but none more so than the AFC North. Week Seven's round of divisional games only clogged up NFL Predict's tightest division, as form man KNVB finally saw his downfall following a run of five unbeaten. He was defeated by the resurgent jambogenius, whose second successive victory helped him close the gap on those he fell behind in the early rounds. Dermo edged out AdamG in another key match-up to move to the top of the division, but it could very well only be for a one-week stretch.

No love for the.....Raiders

Woah! What on earth happened here?! Large points totals are common in Oakland's matches, although they're usually on the receiving end of a beating - not giving one out. But that's exactly what happened in Week Seven as the Raiders rolled in Denver, their divisional rivals, and spanked them 59-14 thanks to an incredible first-half performance and four touchdowns from Darren McFadden (who finally looks like he might be ready to realise his potential). Only one man (knowingly) picked the Raiders before this match-up, leaving Stuart H with a wry smile on his Mancunian mug.

Aww Man, That was a No-Brainer. You Should've Picked the.....Seahawks

Although they're not the greatest of sides in the NFL, the Seattle Seahawks are plodding along nicely, albeit in one of the poorest divisions in the league. Last week, they were up against divisional rivals the Arizona Cardinals, who have looked a shadow of the team that did so well under the watchful gaze of Kurt Warner the past couple of years. That lack of a franchise QB is apparent, as Derek Anderson and Max Hall - an undrafted rookie - don't seem capable of leading the ship. The Seahawks couldn't get things going for much of the game on Sunday, but Olindo Mare's boot kicked them to victory against a poor Cardinals outfit, leaving KNVB, Dobby and Stuart H with egg on their faces.

Week Seven Tables

NFLPredictWeek7Tables.png

Notes:

- Adam D and Johnny C hold the best two records in the league, at 6-1.

- Dermo and Kylan N17 hold the best prediction records at 64-40, yet both have two L's to their name.

- Stuart H remains winless in the NFC South, yet is still in touching distance of Dobby, who has taken over Troy's winless streak admiarably!

- The AFC North is not only the tightest division, but also on a very high quality. Three of the four hold 60+ correct predictions, including bottom of the league jambogenius.

- Each division is slowly developing a divisional stud (Adam D, Johnny C, Dermo and Kylan N17) and a divisional whipping-boy (NinoBrown, Stuart H and JinxMillion).

Week Eight Match-ups

Week8Match-ups.png

Week8NFLMatch-ups.png

Dolphins @ Bengals

The 'Fins are coming off a shaky week, while last week saw Carson Palmer actually show he does have some accuracy to his throws. I reckon Cinci take this in a tight one.

Jaguars @ Cowboys

Actually gonna take the Cowboys in this one. Why? Well even though they won't have Romo, I still think they're capable of winning, going with Kitna. I really liked him when he was with Seattle, Detroit, think he might change things up, which the Cowboys need. Lest not forget too, Dallas are 1-5, they need a mass win-streak.

Redskins @ Lions

Going with Washington here. Haven't really given enough credit to this team thus far this season, in all honesty they've fared pretty well, grinding out some tight wins. I reckon this one could be another grinder, maybe coming down to a FG. Just on the flip-side to be wary about, the Lions are coming off a Bye week.

Bills @ KC Chiefs

Said it before, I'll say it again - to 'ell with the Bills! No chance.

Packers @ Jets

Quite the interesting match-up here, were it @ Lambeau, I'd probably go with the cheeseheads. The Jets are coming off a bye week, have been perhaps the most consistent week-in, week-out team all season. Gotta go with the J-E-T-S. Sorry Johnny, if it's any consolation, I'd wanna hit that bloke who leads the chants for the Jets right on the 50p. :)

Broncos @ 49ers

Know what... the 49ers, yeah, they're now part of my - "to 'ell with the [insert team] !" They've been shambolic all season, and I've been picking them time and time again. This isn't the team many people thought it would be, including myself. I thought they'd be in for a run at the play-offs, even the wildcard, to 'ell with them!

Panthers @ Rams

Haha, talk about two peas in a pod. Who to pick? I'll go with the Rams. They're at home and Sam Bradford, he's the real deal.

Titans @ Chargers

Great match here, most likely if the Chargers lose, well not most likely, I'm pretty bloody sure if they lose their season is done. I expect a do or die attitude. I have a feeling I could get this one very wrong.

Bucs @ Cards

Right, so far I must say, even though I wrote him off at the beginning of the season, Josh Freeman is constantly showing signs of improvement. Extremely happy we have a 4-2 record. Having said this I expect the Cards to win, but I'd love to see this one go wrong. :D

Vikes @ Pats

Yes! The match-up many have been waiting for is here and it's a return for Randy Moss to the Boston area. I won't be surprised if everybody picks the Pats in this one, how can you not? Brett Favre's twanger is still at the butt end of many jokes, oh along with his throwing game, cue his return last week of being the infamous, Mr. Interception, oh and lets not forget this whole on-going saga between the Vikes gaffer, Childress, Favre.

Seahawks @ Raiders

Hey, why not? Who would've thunked it that the Raiders, at this point of the season would be 3-4, certainly not me. I'll give them some props. Well played, take a bow.

Steelers @ Saints

Going who the 'who-dat nation' on this one. They had a miserable week, thrashed by the Browns. If they lose this match, don't rebound well enough, in my books, I'll write 'em off, premature or not.

MNF: Texans @ Colts TB - 42

Here's a stat for you (yes I looked it up as I was interested in knowing), since 2001, the record between the Colts-Texans, is 15-2, to the Colts. Now keep this in mind though, no Austin Collie, no Dallas Clark, hmm... Dunno about yous, but I'm going with the Texans. ^_^