• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: NFL Predict Week Four Round-up Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best

Re: NFL Predict powerrankings

NFL Predict Format: Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you

Re: NFL Predict

Broncos @ 49ers 16-24

Jaguars @ Cowboys 35-17

Dolphins @ Bengals 22-14

Bills @ Chiefs 10-13

Redskins @ Lions 25-37

Panthers @ Rams 10-20

Packers @ Jets 9-0

Titans @ Chargers 25-33

Vikings @ Patriots 18-28

Buccaneers @ Cardinals 38-35

Seahawks @ Raiders 3-33

Steelers @ Saints 10-20

Texans @ Colts TB 44 (17-30)

7/13.

8/14. About average.

___

Good luck everyone... I don't have a good feel for half of these...

Broncos @ 49ers - embarrassing that these are the 2 teams representing the NFL in London

Jaguars @ Cowboys

Dolphins @ Bengals

Bills @ Chiefs

Redskins @ Lions

Panthers @ Rams

Packers @ Jets

Titans @ Chargers

Vikings @ Patriots

Buccaneers @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ Raiders

Steelers @ Saints

Texans @ Colts (50)

Got a full quota of predictions this week, so good effort guys. :)

Interestingly, we have four match-ups going right down to the wire that is this evening's MNF game between the Texans and Colts - that's a record for NFL Predict. Hercule/jambo, Lenny/AdamG, Jinx/JC and Kylan/Dobby will all have to keep a beady eye on proceedings later tonight, with the tie-breaker sure to come into play at some point. A win now could be crucial going into the second-half of the season.

Also, I'm considering having Week Nine as a bye week for NFL Predict, which would give me time to do a division-by-division mid-season review. More information in due course.

Got a full quota of predictions this week' date=' so good effort guys. :)

Interestingly, we have four match-ups going right down to the wire that is this evening's MNF game between the Texans and Colts - that's a record for NFL Predict. Hercule/jambo, Lenny/AdamG, Jinx/JC and Kylan/Dobby will all have to keep a beady eye on proceedings later tonight, with the tie-breaker sure to come into play at some point. A win now could be crucial going into the second-half of the season.

Also, I'm considering having Week Nine as a bye week for NFL Predict, which would give me time to do a division-by-division mid-season review. More information in due course.[/quote']

Firstly great stuff done so far this season Andy, we can see you put a great deal of effort into this, must be time consuming, so cheers 'guv. :)

Lastly, seems like in the beginning weeks I used to pick teams based on partially the knowledge I knew, along with my gut feeling, it worked really well.

Now I seems to be over-analyzing, to the point where I'm making really stupid picks. :(

For that reason I think the 'Week 9 bye' is a good idea Andy. I need time to reflect. ^_^:o

Week Eight Round-up

Week8Predictions.png

Champ of the Week - Adam D, AFC Chewis and Numbersix

Three teams were flying high in Week Eight of NFL Predict, with the trio of Adam D, AFC Chewis and Numbersix all leading the way before their fellow competitors. Adam D continues to hold a firm grip of the NFC North by picking up his third consecutive victory, KNVB the latest man to fall by Adam's wayside thanks to a 9-4 record from Adam. Chewis was equally impressive in his victory over andyowls with the same scoreline, while Numbersix continued his resurgance with his second win of the season - and second in consecutive weeks - as he saw off Stuart H, also with a 9-4 record.

Chump of the Week - AdamG

AdamG's erratic form continues as he posts his second loss in as many weeks, to slip to the bottom of the extremely tight AFC North division. Adam has been scintillating on occasions this season, but truly awful at times too, with Week Eight proving a prime example. Just five correct predictions cost Adam dear as he let Lenny squeak past with the W, despite totalling a modest 7-6 record.

No Love for the.....Jaguars

The Jacksonville Jaguars have been rather hit and miss this season, going into their Week Eight match-up with the Dallas Cowboys with a 3-4 record. But the 'Boys have been truly awful in '10, getting nothing in the way of consistancy or form since day one. Most thought that this was the week that we finally saw the Cowboys step out of the shadows and get back on track, but we only saw their plight suffer even further. David Garrard was in inspired form for the visiting Jags, leading his team to victory with four TD's through the air and one on the ground, leaving Lenny, Chewis and Stuart smiling with their excellent pick.

Aww Man, That was a No-Brainer. You Should've Picked the.....Patriots

No matter what problems the Patriots seem to be suffering from, they always seem to find a way to win, thanks mainly to their genius of a head coach, Bill Belichick. When New England traded their star wideout, Randy Moss, to the Vikings, many thought that was a signal that the Patriots were preparing for next year. How wrong those people were. Moss' Vikings were put to the sword before the future Hall of Famer was waived later in the week to leave the Patriots smiling even broader with their bold decision clearly paying off. The moral of the story? Never rule out the Patriots - that means you Chewis!

Week Eight Tables

NFLPredictWeek8Tables.png

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I just realised today that from this week forward, the NFL shall be holding a match on Thursday night's from now until the end of the season. That means that we'll need to get our predictions in earlier, although I am willing to let people submit their predictions for Sunday/Monday's games should they miss the Thursday deadline. Is everyone okay with this? I'll be releasing the the Week Ten match-ups later on this evening.

Also, I didn't find the time to get around to completing the mid-season reviews this weekend, so apologies for that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I just realised today that from this week forward' date=' the NFL shall be holding a match on Thursday night's from now until the end of the season. That means that we'll need to get our predictions in earlier, although I am willing to let people submit their predictions for Sunday/Monday's games should they miss the Thursday deadline. Is everyone okay with this? I'll be releasing the the Week Ten match-ups later on this evening.

Also, I didn't find the time to get around to completing the mid-season reviews this weekend, so apologies for that.[/quote']

That's fine by me, and no worries. :)

Sorry for the delay guys, got a big presentation on Friday so I'm crazy-busy right now. Here's the Week Ten match-ups:

Ravens @ Falcons

Lions @ Bills

Vikings @ Bears

Jets @ Browns

Bengals @ Colts

Texans @ Jaguars

Titans @ Dolphins

Panthers @ Buccaneers

Cheifs @ Broncos

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Cowboys @ Giants

Rams @ 49ers

Patriots @ Steelers

Eagles @ Redskins TB

Remember, the Ravens @ Falcons game is tomorrow night (Thursday), so be sure to get your prediction for that game in by midnight tomorrow. If you want to submit the rest of your predictions at the weekend, feel free to do so.