• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: NFL Predict Week Four Round-up Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best

Re: NFL Predict powerrankings

NFL Predict Format: Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you

Re: NFL Predict

Thanks for the Week Three Power Rankings KNVB - nice work again! The Week Three Round-up is on the way, but I've been in uni all day and now I'm going out on the lash having sat through yet another miserable 90 minutes at Hillsborough. Oh joy.

I'll get the Week Four match-ups out there, just in case people want to get their picks in early. This week sees our second round of divisional match-ups:

NinoBrown (1-2) @ Hercule Poirot (1-2)

Adam D (3-0) @ Bibi (3-0)

Stuart H (0-3) @ andyowls (1-2)

Troy Lamagna (2-1) @ Johnny C (2-1)

jambogenius (1-2) @ Dermo (2-1)

AdamG (2-1) @ KNVB (2-1)

Numbersix (0-3) @ AFC Chewis (1-2)

Kylan N17 (3-0) @ JinxMillion (0-3)

Check out that tie of the early heavyweights in the NFC North!

And here is Week Four's NFL match-ups:

Jets (2-1) @ Bills (0-3)

Panthers (0-3) @ Saints (2-1)

Bengals (2-1) @ Browns (0-3)

Broncos (1-2) @ Titans (2-1)

Lions (0-3) @ Packers (2-1)

Ravens (2-1) @ Steelers (3-)

49ers (0-3) @ Falcons (2-1)

Seahawks (2-1) @ Rams (1-2)

Texans (2-1) @ Raiders (1-2)

Colts (2-1) @ Jags (1-2)

Redskins (1-2) @ Eagles (2-1)

Cardinals (2-1) @ Chargers (1-2)

Bears (3-0) @ Giants (1-2)

Patriots (2-1) @ Dolphins (2-1) - TB

Byes: Cowboys, Chiefs, Vikings, Buccaneers.

Week Three Round-up

Week3Predictions.png

Champs of the Week - NinoBrown and jambogenius

Two guys who have been slow to adjust to the pace of NFL Predict finally got off the mark this week, and with blinding scores as well. Nino and jambo had both spluttered to 0-2 starts in the opening weeks of the season, but were determined to make amends for such a sluggish start. Nino took advantage against an NFL rookie in Stuart H, posting excellent numbers of 11-5. jambo posted the exact same record in his defeat of Numbersix, as the pair led the way in Week Three.

Chump of the Week - andyowls

At the other end of the field, we find a man who just could not move the chains in Week Three. In every possession, andyowls struggled to get that offense clicking, as a clear dissension between quarterback and the receiving corps became apparent. His opponent, Hercule Poirot, wasn't in the best form himself, but was able to take advantage of andy's sluggish offensive game to take the tie with a 7-9 record.

Choke of the Week - Johnny C

The big dog from NYC has been in great form in the early part of the new NFL Predict season. Two wins in the first two rounds saw JC to a strong start, but he was brought back down to earth with a bump following his Week Three match-up with Bibi. The Pats man went against his better will and judgement to pick his greatest enemies in SNF - the J-E-T-S. That pick turned out to be a fruitful one as it tied the game going into overtime, but was pipped to the post by Bibi's superb TB guess.

Overtime Field Goal is.....GOOD! - Adam D

There were four match-ups that went all the way to the wire this week, as the officials earned their money with a series of matches going into OT. Adam D deserves a special shout out for bringing down the early pace-setter, Troy Lamagna, in Week Three. A to-and-fro battle went on all weekend as both guys posted good numbers, but they were neck-and-neck through MNF. And Adam nailed his 53-yard field goal try right down the middle with an almost perfect TB prediction.

Time to bench the QB? - JinxMillion and Numbersix

These two guys slumped to their third successive defeats this week to leave a big question mark over each guy's signal caller. Jinx seems to genuinely be jinxed as he continues to be pipped in close matches. Same goes to Numbersix, who despite some decent overall numbers, just isn't getting the game won. There's gonna be a fair bit of speculation this week as to whether each QB should be keeping their starting role for Week Four.

No Love for the.....Titans and Falcons

Despite possessing the greatest running-back in the NFL, there was little support for the Titans for their trip to the new Meadowlands stadium. A shaky performance from Vince Young possibly conributed to the lack of confidence from the guys this week, but CJ came up with the goods with two scores to please their only backers - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis. There was little respect for the Falcons in their match-up against the reigning Super Bowl champs, the Saints. But the Falcons sprung the surprise of the round by triumphing in OT, leaving the same two guys smiling.

Aww Man, That Was a No-Brainer. You Should've Picked the.....Cards

The Cards may have lost the one and only Kurt Warner, as well as one of their greatest weapons in Anquan Boldin, but they're still a reasonable force to be reckoned with....well, the Raiders are still the Raiders. Arizona struggled to a narrow win this Sunday, leaving andyowls, AFC Chewis, JinxMillion and Numbersix cursing their bold predictions. Lesson to us all - there's always something ready to go wrong in Oakland. This week, it was Stephen Janikowski missing three FG's.

Week Three Tables

NFLPredictWeek3Tables.png

Notes:

- I've added a new column this week - a tie-breaker win/loss record. Bibi and Jinx are experiencing the high's and low's of this feature.

- The NFC North absolutely trounced the NFC South this week, going 4-0.

- Adam D and Bibi remain unbeaten in the NFC North, while Kylan N17 preserves his unbeaten record in the poor AFC South.

- Kylan also has the best numbers of the lot, at 32-16.

- Stuart H, JinxMillion and Numbersix need a win - and fast.

- The AFC North could go anybody's way right now.

Jets (2-1) @ Bills (0-3)

Colts (2-1) @ Jags (1-2)

Patriots (2-1) @ Dolphins (2-1) - TB 35

Jets (2-1) @ Bills (0-3)

Colts (2-1) @ Jags (1-2)

Patriots (2-1) @ Dolphins (2-1) - TB 40

Jets (2-1) @ Bills (0-3) 38-14

Panthers (0-3) @ Saints (2-1) 14-16

Bengals (2-1) @ Browns (0-3) 20-23

Broncos (1-2) @ Titans (2-1) 26-20

Lions (0-3) @ Packers (2-1) 26-28

Ravens (2-1) @ Steelers (3-0) 17-14

49ers (0-3) @ Falcons (2-1) 14-16

Seahawks (2-1) @ Rams (1-2) 3-20

Texans (2-1) @ Raiders (1-2) 31-24

Colts (2-1) @ Jags (1-2) 28-31

Redskins (1-2) @ Eagles (2-1) 17-12

Cardinals (2-1) @ Chargers (1-2) 10-41

Bears (3-0) @ Giants (1-2) 3-17

Patriots (2-1) @ Dolphins (2-1) - 40 (41-14)

9 out of 14. A bit average.

Jets @ Bills - Bills are in complete dis-array. Released Trent Edwards ... I mean fair enough, but I don't understand the logic of how your 1st string QB goes from your starter to not being a 2nd or 3rd string QB, but gets released. Hope they know what they're doing, but I don't think they do.

Panthers @ Saints

Bengals @ Browns

Broncos @ Titans

Lions @ Packers

Ravens @ Steelers - Very much a derby match here. Two division rivals, both of whom have a demonic defensive presence. I see Flacco getting the worse end of the stick, having a torrid time.

49ers @ Falcons - Looks like at this moment the 49ers were just pre-season pretenders.

Seahawks @ Rams

Texans @ Raiders

Colts @ Jags

Redskins @ Eagles - The return of McNabb, dun dun dun...

Cardinals @ Chargers

Bears @ Giants

Patriots @ Dolphins TB - 42 - Sorry Adam, yous in for a papping. :P

How many absolutely great NFL match-ups are there this week. Really hard to pick a "Game of the Week".

Anyway in NFL Predict, among other great match-ups we have tony and haughty Connecticut (in this case personified by Troy) versus ruff-and-tumble New York (personified by yours truly). Either way it's a win for the best metropolitan area on Earth. :D

Jets @ Bills - I would LOVE to lose this game

Panthers @ Saints

Bengals @ Browns - am picking against that punk-azz no-talent twerp Mangini

Broncos @ Titans

Lions @ Packers

Ravens @ Steelers - Pittsburgh is 9-1 in its last 10 home games against the Ravens, but I am going with the Ravens. I think they just have more offensive weapons in a tight game. Plus they let Cleveland's Peyton Hillis roll for 140 yds on them last week. You don't think that run-D is going to be primed. And I don't care how good that Steeler D is...there is no way a 4th string QB is going to beat the Ravens' D. Just no-friggin'-way... This game seriously comes down to will the Steelers' Defense score more than the Raven's Offense. It's close, but for me the edge goes to Baltimore.

49ers @ Falcons

Seahawks @ Rams - I absolutely HATE picking the Seahawks especially considering that they are a road favorite, but they have won 10 straight vs the Rams

Texans @ Raiders

Colts @ Jags

Redskins @ Eagles

Cardinals @ Chargers

Bears @ Giants - Maybe my mistake so far in picking against Da Bears the past few weeks is that I have been waiting for Cutler to implode rather than focusing on how unstoppable Julius Peppers has been.

Patriots @ Dolphins (41) - there will be no wacky fluke loss like last year in Miami

ClintonDarthMaul.jpg

And the Darth Maul Double-Sided Light Saber Lock of the Week:

Europe in a Ryder Cup Rout

Week Four Round-up

Week4Predictions.png

Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis

Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best numbers of the week. Hercule has seen some erratic form in the first few weeks of the season but came good this week in posting a 10-4 record in a ding-dong battle with NinoBrown. AFC Chewis saw of the challenge of Numbersix with the same record to give the scot his second win of the season.

Chump of the Week - AdamG

AdamG has shown some hot early season form, posting big numbers in a 2-1 start. However, he came unstuck in a week that saw a fair few surprise results in the NFL - which even he couldn't foresee. The Colts, Steelers, Titans and Bengals all let him down, while some of his more riskier picks didn't come off as he slumped to a 5-9 record in his defeat to KNVB. He will be looking for a massive improvement in Week Five.

Overtime Steal of the Week - Kylan N17

Week Four saw unbeaten Kylan face off against a winless JinxMillion in what most pundits saw as a big win in the making for the visiting Cockney. Yet, it was an unbelievably tight affair which saw the pair fight tooth and nail to the death....because they both made the exact same picks in every single game!!! That meant the tie went to OT with the tie-breaker finale and Jinx continued his poor record in that respect by losing out to Kylan's successful prediction that there would be 42 points in MNF's Pats/Dolphins match-up. An unlucky JinxMillion is left to lick his wounds after yet another OT defeat, while Kylan can celebrate his narrow victory with his unbeaten streak still in tact.

Inactive QB costs.....Bibi

We had our first non-submission of picks in Week Four as Bibi went AWOL and consequently earnt his first loss of the year. His back-up QB was not up to the job, throwing three picks, fumbling twice and being sacked on five occasions as Bibi's side got trashed by a dominant defence from Adam D.

The "Jay Cutler goes down to the turf AGAIN" award - Stuart H and Numbersix

These two guys are picking up just as many L's as Jay Cutler is picking himself off the turf, as they both slumped to their fourth successive defeats. If things don't improve soon, they're gonna find themselves outside of the play-off mix - as well as bloodied and bruised after series of bashings each week.

No Love for the.....Jaguars

The Jaguars shocked everybody in Week Four by beating the Colts in a tight affair. Josh Scobee nailed a monster field goal as time expired to surprise one of the heavily-fancied favourites for the AFC crown. Few could predict this upset either, with only this week's champs - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis - picking the successful Jags.

Aww Man, That was a No-Brainer. You Should've Picked the.....Chargers

I could pick on the rookies for not picking the Texans at the Raiders, but that was actually a closer game than many expected for much of the game. The real no-brainer of the week (in hindsight, at least) were the Chargers romping to victory against the maligned Cardinals. AdamG and KNVB joined rookies Hercule Poirot and Stuart H in making a rather foolish pick.

Week Four Tables

NFLPredictWeek4Tables.png

Notes:

- Added a percentage (PCT) column. Unfortunately for me, they won't be as easy to work out as they were this week in the future...

- Kylan continues to lead the way with a 4-0 record and the best offense in the league.

- Adam D continues to turn heads as the only other unbeaten man.

- Numbersix and JinxMillion look rather adrift at the bottom of the AFC South, although they can both count themselves unlucky - the former has an excellent record at predicting and the latter has come unstuck in OT in three of his four games.

- The AFC North remains the tightest of all the divisions right now.

Week Five Match-ups

Week5Match-ups.png

Week5NFLMatch-ups.png

Might tweak this format for following weeks. As you don't have an avatar AdamG, I just stuck the United badge as yours - I'm 95% sure you're a United fan. Let me know if you object!

Jaguars @ Bills

To 'ell with the Bills I say.

Broncos @ Ravens

After that valiant effort, especially by the Ravens offense last week, easy pickings here.

Chiefs @ Colts

They need to rebound ASAP after that loss last week.

Packers @ Redskins

Yeah no way I'm going with the Redskins here. They were so lucky to get the win last week, even on McNabb's horrible stats. Rodger the Dodger is looking prime once again his season.

Rams @ Lions

Toss up here, just got a feeling about the Rams, especially with the way Bradford has been playing.

Bears @ Panthers

Despite the shambolic performance last week, whereby the Giants murked Chicago's OL, they're a much better team than that, I don't think a struggling Carolina have what it takes to get the W.

Buccaneers @ Bengals

We had a bye week, but still, I'll be realistic, I'll be shocked if we win this. Also TO racked over 200 rec yds last week, he won't do it again, but he'll definitely be brimming with confidence.

Falcons @ Browns

Giants @ Texans

The Texans are a dark-horse this season, for me, this is the game to solidify that. Sure the Giants are coming off a beast of a defensive week, but Houston is a tough place to go and play, I think the home-side shall prevail.

Saints @ Cardinals

Shaky game last week for the Saints, just like in the Bears case - I think they're far better than that. Saints FTW.

Titans @ Cowboys

:eek: Yes I'm picking the Cowboys! Still not convinced by Romo, not entirely sure if I ever will be, but I think Jerry Jones will flip if the 'Boys lose another home game.

Chargers @ Raiders

Eagles @ 49ers

I'm in the frame of mind that the Eagles are royally screwed without Vick. Theirs even been talk that Andy Reid could be looking into the possibility of bringing back Jeff Garcia to QB. 49ers themselves haven't been to grand, not having won a match yet, throwing the lead last week, yet I reckon they're due one.

Vikings @ Jets TB - 35

May regret this pick, I'm just going on the base that the Jets have been quite consistent thus far, not to mention the Vikes have changed things up with Moss coming in, but I think Revis will still get the better of him.