• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: NFL Predict Week Four Round-up Champs of the Week - Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis Two NFL Predict rookies came to the fore in Week Four as Hercule Poirot and AFC Chewis posted the best

Re: NFL Predict powerrankings

NFL Predict Format: Each week, you are given a list of games being played that weekend. Your job is to predict the winning side in each game - simple as that. For each correct prediction, you

Re: NFL Predict

Jaguars @ Bills 36-26

Broncos @ Ravens 17-31

Chiefs @ Colts 9-19

Packers @ Redskins 13-16

Rams @ Lions 6-44

Bears @ Panthers 23-6

Buccaneers @ Bengals 24-21

Falcons @ Browns 20-10

Giants @ Texans 34-10

Saints @ Cardinals 20-30

Titans @ Cowboys 34-27

Chargers @ Raiders 27-35

Eagles @ 49ers 27-24

Vikings @ Jets - 39

6 out of 13.

Best of luck to everyone this week. Before I forget...

F the Yankees

Jaguars @ Bills - I have no feel for the Bills

Broncos @ Ravens - these are the kind of games Balt has to win if they are to be considered one of the best

Chiefs @ Colts - playing Indy @ Indy after they come off a loss. No chance for KC

Packers @ Redskins

Rams @ Lions - Lions only chance to win a game

Bears @ Panthers - No Steve Smith = No chance

Buccaneers @ Bengals

Falcons @ Browns

Giants @ Texans - everyone in NY thinks the Giants win this one in a walk

Saints @ Cardinals - Max Hall is the Cards' QB. Max Hall

Titans @ Cowboys

Chargers @ Raiders - no idea why I am picking SD on the road

Eagles @ 49ers - no Vick and needing a win @ home

Vikings @ Jets - 37 total points

Omar.jpg

And lastly.... The Omar Little Double Barrel Lock of the Week :

Bet the OVER for the Giants X Texans

Sadly, we are losing a member of the team this week as Bibi has asked to withdraw himself from the competition. Bibi has been unable to find the time to make his predictions the past couple of weeks and, in wishing not to be a burden to anyone else and the competition, he has been thoughtful enough to resign from his position in NFL Predict. I'd like to extend my thanks to him for taking part, and to wish him well in whatever he may have on his plate right now - no doubt, as is always the case with all of us, that it is far more important than anything going on on this online forum.

Luckily, we have a ready-made replacement in the form of Lenny59. Lenny tells me that he's an avid Denver Broncos fan and he sounds very keen to get involved and kick some butt! He shall take over Bibi's current record (3-2) and try to improve on that as the season wears on. Good to have you on board, Lenny. :)

The Week Five Round-up shall arrive tommorrow evening. I've got all the hard work done, just a few bits and bobs to iron out before I post the final thing.

Week Five Round-up

Week5Predictions.png

Champ of the Week - KNVB

Week Five proved to be a tough week for the gang in NFL Predict, as a number of surprise results in the world of American Football came up last weekend. Several unfancied sides defied the odds to notch scores that would raise many an eyebrow, indicating that this may be one of the widest-open seasons for years. Our man with a plan this week was KNVB, who despite picking up a credible - if unspectacular - record of 8-6, led the way in Week Five to extend his winning streak to four matches.

Chump of the Week - Stuart H

Stuart's position at the bottom of the NFC South didn't do justice to the way he's been performing this season. He's run many more experienced pros to a close game with some excellent scores, but his good form well and truly went out the window in Week Five. Quite frankly, Stuart stunk the house out, with a measly 4-10 record. The less said about this, the better, and Stuart is left to pick himself off the canvas once more as he bids to play catch-up.

Top Week for.....Defenses

With so many shock scores in the NFL this week, in meant for a hell of a lot red blotches on each guy's copybook. Defenses stood up all across the field as KNVB turned out to be the only guy to post positive numbers. Indeed, Stuart was just one of SEVEN guys who went negative this week, as offenses failed to move the chains on countless occasions.

Bad Week for.....Undefeated Teams

Just two men had undefeated records intact going into Week Five, but both of them were left licking their wounds after a bruising weekend of action. Kylan N17 had led the way in an impressive fashion in the AFC South, but came a cropper against New York's primetime financier, Johnny C. Adam D had been equally impressive in romping to four successive victories in the early part of the season, but the pressure got to him in Week Five as he failed to even match his namesake, AdamG's, paltry 6-8 effort.

The "Season Starts Now" Cliche of the Week - JinxMillion

Somebody could have written the word "relief" across Jinx's forehead this week, as his expression was so telling after he finally picked up his first win of the season in Week Five. The big dog hasn't been receiving the rub of the green so far this season, falling foul of the TBer system on a staggering three occasions. But he made amends for such a slow start by narrowly seeing off America's hotshot soccer star, Troy Lamagna. In a wide-open AFC South, the season really does start now for JinxMillion.

No Love for the.....Redskins & Raiders

Well, I said there were some shock results this week, and it's ever so easy to see where in our NFL predictions chart this week. The Raiders haven't beaten their division rivals, the San Diego Chargers, in a staggering 13 attempts, and that fact was taken account off by the NFL Predict gang, as not a single one of them plucked for the Silver & Black. But the boys from the Black Hole stepped up to the plate and dished up yet another loss for the much-fancied Chargers, with a dominant defense driving them to victory. Similarly, the Redskins got little love ahead of their match with the Packers - a Super Bowl favourite for many. One man called a Washington win though, this week's champ, KNVB.

Aww Man, That was a No-Brainer. You Should've Picked the.....Falcons

Matt Ryan's Falcons are firing on all cylinders and look safe bets for another post-season berth after seeing off a dogged Cleveland outfit for their fourth straight win. Most people foresaw this result, but one man failed to do so and it ended up costing him - big time. Adam D's match-up with AdamG was settled by just one prediction, and had the former gone for the Falcons, he would have won his match-up on a TBer and preserved his unbeaten record for another week. Ouch.

Week Five Tables

NFLPredictWeek5Tables.png

Notes:

- New week, new column. We've now got a winning/losing streak for each player.

- KNVB is the league's form team with a four-game winning streak. Rookie Hercule Poirot is over his slow start to post his 3rd consecutive win this week.

- We've lost our unbeaten teams, but each division has a 4-1 team leading the way.

- Stuart H and jambogenius remain the only winless sides - get it together guys!

- There's still everything to play for in all four divisions, but the NFC North looks especially interesting.

Week Six Match-ups

Week6Match-ups.png

Week6NFLMatch-ups.png

Sadly' date=' we are losing a member of the team this week as Bibi has asked to withdraw himself from the competition. Bibi has been unable to find the time to make his predictions the past couple of weeks and, in wishing not to be a burden to anyone else and the competition, he has been thoughtful enough to resign from his position in NFL Predict. I'd like to extend my thanks to him for taking part, and to wish him well in whatever he may have on his plate right now - no doubt, as is always the case with all of us, that it is far more important than anything going on on this online forum.

Luckily, we have a ready-made replacement in the form of Lenny59. Lenny tells me that he's an avid Denver Broncos fan and he sounds very keen to get involved and kick some butt! He shall take over Bibi's current record (3-2) and try to improve on that as the season wears on. Good to have you on board, Lenny. :)

The Week Five Round-up shall arrive tomorrow evening. I've got all the hard work done, just a few bits and bobs to iron out before I post the final thing.[/quote']

Nice work Andy..... And a shout out to Lenny. Welcome. I hope your Broncos get it together and light-up the Green Scum this week.

Nice work Andy..... And a shout out to Lenny. Welcome. I hope your Broncos get it together and light-up the Green Scum this week.

Thanks Johnny......Not a fan of the Jets then:D

My first game and I end up against Stuart H:eek:

I see he is on 0-5

Pressure on me to win or I will be forever known as the guy that gave Stu his first win:D

Looking forward to this and thanks to Andy for letting me take part

Thanks Johnny......Not a fan of the Jets then:D

My first game and I end up against Stuart H:eek:

I see he is on 0-5

Pressure on me to win or I will be forever known as the guy that gave Stu his first win:D

Looking forward to this and thanks to Andy for letting me take part

Iyer :D

Seriously, if I do beat you then this whipping boy thing's sticking :P

Andy, you make it sound like you expected so much of me... :o:rolleyes:

Sorry' date=' that wasn't my intention! I tried to make the point that you've been performing above your means (as such) in previous weeks, albeit without the results. You're actually doing pretty well mate (before this week! :P).[/quote']

Haha it isn't a problem :P I might have a research of Jonny's links especially for this week. Can't be giving Neil a honeymoon period can I? ;)

Dolphins @ Packers

Browns @ Steelers

Lions @ Giants

Seahawks @ Bears

Saints @ Buccaneers

Falcons @ Eagles

Chiefs @ Texans

Ravens @ Patriots

Chargers @ Rams

Jets @ Broncos

Raiders @ 49ers

Cowboys @ Vikings

Colts @ Redskins

Titans @ Jaguars - TB: 44

PLEASE NOTE:

I am away for the whole of this weekend (on a long bender!) so I won't be able to send out weekend reminders to any of you slackers. You're on your own then for one week only, although if anyone would like to fill in that role for this week only, then they would be more than welcome to. Please, let's get these picks in and keep this thing going! :)

Cheers, Andy