Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

3 or 4 games ago?He hasn't started in the last 2 games I think.The one from UCL and this one from La Liga.Out of 10 games in La Liga he started 9 of them.Think he gets a deserved rest lol.

I'm not sure exactly how many matches he played or not, but I trust your data and you're right: he really deserves some time off, after his impressive start of the season.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

So its Bale's fault that he was bought for 86M?

Nothing compared to Vidal's trick vs Madrid. ;)

Never said it is his fault but you expect him to deliver something.Especially since some of you believe that he was up there with MEssi' date='Ronaldo or Ribery in the last season.

I wonder who that could be aimed at? :P

Do you mean like the instant impact Messi made in the 1/4 and semi finals of last years UCL after coming back from injury? THE worlds best player!

Same scenario, different players only difference being Messi should have been expected to make more of an impact than Bale due to being the best player in the world. Would you not agree Raz?

Do you have any other games when MEssi didn't had an instant impact bar that one?That's a rare example like Mourinho's tactics working against Pep's Barca.

Said this before' date=' the fee a team pays for a player is not a direct link or indication of the players ability.

Therefore the fact that Bale is the most expensive player in history has no bearing on what should be expected from him on the field. Madrid paid way over the odds for Bale, everyone knows that!

Obviously Madrid would hope he finds form quickly as they've invested heavily in him.

But as you deem Bale overrated, surely you don't expect much from him anyway?[/quote']

I expect him to have a flash of quality,to produce smething to show his quality.I find Bale overrated,but I never said that he isn't good.

Yet typical of you Raz not to answer the other posts directed at you' date=' from myself Danc, Ghora and Arampage, pick on the newbie right?

[/font']

Are you happy now?:)

Do you have any other games when MEssi didn't had an instant impact bar that one?That's a rare example like Mourinho's tactics working against Pep's Barca.

This was the example I used as it was the most relevant in relation to Bale's circumstance' date=' which is BOTH had just returned from injury, BOTH had little impact on the game(s) in question.

Only difference is Messi had played all season and was playing for a top side where he knew the language, the players the culture etc, luxuries not applicable to Bale........yet.

To early to assume the worst of someone before he is given a fair go to prove himself.[/font']

This was the example I used as it was the most relevant in relation to Bale's circumstance' date=' which is BOTH had just returned from injury, BOTH had little impact on the game(s) in question.

Only difference is Messi had played all season and was playing for a top side where he knew the language, the players the culture etc, luxuries not applicable to Bale........yet.

To early to assume the worst of someone before he is given a fair go to prove himself.[/font']

Okay,so seems like I criticised Bale a lot?What did I said?That I expect a great impact from him and I haven't spotted him before to be subbed off?That was simply the truth.Think everybody expects much greater things from him,but nah you have to give him time.He needs time but he showed absolutely nothing in 60 minutes.

Okay' date='so seems like I criticised Bale a lot?What did I said?That I expect a great impact from him and I haven't spotted him before to be subbed off?That was simply the truth.Think everybody expects much greater things from him,but nah you have to give him time.He needs time but he showed absolutely nothing in 60 minutes.[/quote']

Nobody is disputing he did nothing, but we know why and I have highlighted many reasons why this is the case and used the worlds greatest player after suffering injury as an example that it happens in football.

He needs to be given a season minimum and to remain fit, if things don't pan out how he would like you can put it down to loss of form, or first season jitters, however fail to perform with consistency for a second season then yes we can all say he flopped in Spain, however until such time surpasses it is to early to judge.

Nobody is disputing he did nothing' date=' but we know why and I have highlighted many reasons why this is the case and used the worlds greatest player after suffering injury as an example that it happens in football.

He needs to be given a season minimum and to remain fit, if things don't pan out how he would like you can put it down to loss of form, or first season jitters, however fail to perform with consistency for a second season then yes we can all say he flopped in Spain, however until such time surpasses it is to early to judge.[/font']

Don't think I called him a flop or something?

Bale will do a good job for Madrid but he won't justify the crazy price tag. He will never be on the same level as Messi & Ronaldo.

If its too early to say that he's a flop,it's too early to say that aswell.He hasn't showed anything to say that he'll do a good job.Absolutely nothing,not even a 5 second flash of talent or a 5 second magical moment.

Oh,like Newman said he actually scored an easy tap in which every average Heskey would've scored.In rest,nothing,nada.

Don't think I called him a flop or something?

Nobody said you did' date=' however your initial post assuming he should have made a bigger impact despite, people stating the reasons why it would be difficult for him to do so seems to have fallen on deaf ears and was incredibly naive on your part.

[/font']

If its too early to say that he's a flop' date='it's too early to say that aswell.He hasn't showed anything to say that he'll do a good job.Absolutely nothing,not even a 5 second flash of talent or a 5 second magical moment.

[b']Oh,like Newman said,an easy tap in which every average Heskey would've scored.In rest,nothing,nada[/b].

Goal is a goal. Whether it's an Ibra special or a tap in.

Goal is a goal. Whether it's an Ibra special or a tap in.

Okay Newman.I am sorry.

Bale scored an easy goal for Real against an average side but he failed to do anything special against that average side.Now against Barcelona in 60 minutes nobody spotted him on the pitch bar the guy with the sniper who tried to kill him.That guy failed so we only spotted him when he was subbed off.Happy?

Nobody said you did' date=' however your initial post assuming he should have made a bigger impact despite, people stating the reasons why it would be difficult for him to do so seems to have fallen on deaf ears and was incredibly naive on your part.

[/font']

Oh wait a moment.So he shouldn't have made a bigger impact because he's cmoning from after an injury?I imagine,what if he really was going to make a real impact?He was considered the best player ever?

Okay Newman.I am sorry.

Bale scored an easy goal for Real against an average side but he failed to do anything special against that average side.Now against Barcelona in 60 minutes nobody spotted him on the pitch bar the guy with the sniper who tried to kill him.That guy failed so we only spotted him when he was subbed off.Happy?

You're really going to judge him on 60 minutes against one of the best teams in the world? Okay :P

As others have said, let's wait until he's had a fair amount of time with Real. Otherwise this silly argument is going to pop up after every single game he plays in. Besides, he's already shown that he's an excellent player in the past, so judging his ability alone is a completely pointless argument altogether.

You're really going to judge him on 60 minutes against one of the best teams in the world? Okay :P

As others have said' date=' let's wait until he's had a fair amount of time with Real. Otherwise this silly argument is going to pop up after every single game he plays in. Besides, he's already shown that he's an excellent player in the past, so judging his ability alone is a completely pointless argument altogether.[/quote']

I judged him?I never did that.I just said what he did against Barcelona.(if he did something bar breathing).He already showed that he's a good player but in a completely different scenario.

I judged him?I never did that.I just said what he did against Barcelona.(if he did something bar breathing).He already showed that he's a good player but in a completely different scenario.

'Was Bale even on the pitch?'

'If he did something other than breathing'

Yeah, no judgement at all there.

'Was Bale even on the pitch?'

'If he did something other than breathing'

Yeah' date=' no judgement at all there.[/quote']

I just say what he did today against Barcelona pal?I haven't judget him.You understand what you want from it though,every single word is interpretable.

Good win for Barca and other the piece I felt they deserved the victory.

Lvely goal from Alexis tremendous vision and execution, Neymar's goal for me was a little fortunate but think Barca got the balance right tonight in both the attacking and defensive aspects of the game.

Could not understand Ancelotti's team selection. Ramos in midfield was an accident waiting to happen and no surprise he was withdrawn to protect himself more than anything, also Ronaldo up front is a waste IMO restricts the amount of times he gets the ball, you want him facing the defenders not playing with his back to goal.

I think the reality is Ancelotti does not know who his best team is and I don't believe he trusts certain players, he is still tinkering and has not found the style that I really suits his personnel as of yet.

Looked a lot more comfortable once a recognised striker came on and a proper Mid to reach Ramos and started to look more threatening. Definete penalty for me when Mascherano bundled over CR7 and Barca got lucky there.

Six point gap already and in La Liga I feel six points is a much more significant gap than it would be in most other Leagues.

Oh wait a moment.So he shouldn't have made a bigger impact because he's cmoning from after an injury?I imagine' date='what if he really was going to make a real impact?He was considered the best player ever?[/quote']

I have given you my reasons as have others why he never really made an impact, reasons with validity, you however keep going over old ground and are starting to sound like a broken record. Not mentioned anything to back your points, I suggest you go back and read the last few pages as it is clear to me and many others that you really do not listen to an objective point of view and just keep slavering on.

Yes the exact reason he failed to make an impact was:

• Recently came back from injury so not match fit

• Had no pre season to acclimatise to his new club, players and way of life.

• Having to adapt to a different role, style of play and a new language will all play a significant part in his growth and consistency at Madrid.

I again will refer back to the best player in the worlds lack of impact after coming back from injury in last years 1/4 and semi finals of the UCL as an example to how a players lack of fitness clearly hinders how a person can make a significant contribution.

Is it really that difficult to understand?

I have given you my reasons as have others why he never really made an impact' date=' reasons with validity, you however keep going over old ground and are starting to sound like a broken record. Not mentioned anything to back your points, I suggest you go back and read the last few pages as it is clear to me and many others that you really do not listen to an objective point of view and just keep slavering on.

Yes the exact reason he failed to make an impact was:

• Recently came back from injury so not match fit

• Had no pre season to acclimatise to his new club, players and way of life.

• Having to adapt to a different role, style of play and a new language will all play a significant part in his growth and consistency at Madrid.

I again will refer back to the best player in the worlds lack of impact after coming back from injury in last years 1/4 and semi finals of the UCL as an example to how a players lack of fitness clearly hinders how a person can make a significant contribution.

Is it really that difficult to understand? [/font']

Back my points?My point always been that he's been awful last night and I don't really have to prove it as Bale did all the job for me :)

Back my points?My point always been that he's been awful last night and I don't really have to prove it as Bale did all the job for me :)

Enough said' date=' totally disregard what anyone says. Supplemented my reasons then I forgot, this is Raz he is always right.

Sorry my mistake I take it all back I am talking utter rubbish and you are making perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Edit: I agreed he was not that impressive last night AND EXPLAINED WHY! yet you still seem to lack the intellect to comprehend peoples reasons why this was the case. I am done you are excerebrose.[/font']

Enough said' date=' totally disregard what anyone says. Supplemented my reasons then I forgot, this is Raz he is always right.

Sorry my mistake I take it all back I am talking utter rubbish and you are making perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Edit: I agreed he was not that impressive last night AND EXPLAINED WHY! yet you still seem to lack the intellect to comprehend peoples reasons why this was the case. I am done you are excerebrose.[/font']

I thought you two were friends :P

Did you not vote for Raz in FOTY.

Not like me to stick my Orr in but on this occasion whilst Bale did play horribly yesterday they are more than enough in terms of mitigating circumstances to cut him sme slack. It does not always click straight away for numerous reasons which to be fair Matt has elaborated on.

Sometimes it takes time, if you had told Arsenal fans 3-5 months into Henry's time at the club he would go on to become possibly there best ever player they would have laughed you out of town.

Totally new to Bale, give him some time.