Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

I thought you two were friends :P

Did you not vote for Raz in FOTY.

Not like me to stick my Orr in but on this occasion whilst Bale did play horribly yesterday they are more than enough in terms of mitigating circumstances to cut him sme slack. It does not always click straight away for numerous reasons which to be fair Matt has elaborated on.

Sometimes it takes time' date=' if you had told Arsenal fans 3-5 months into Henry's time at the club he would go on to become possibly there best ever player they would have laughed you out of town.

Totally new to Bale, give him some time.[/quote']

Yeah but our views still clash, I still think he is a top lad just his judgement is clouded by the copious amount of mind altering drugs he seemingly takes.

As for you "not sticking your orr in" I would have not expected anything less from you.

Yeah but our views still clash' date=' I still think he is a top lad just his judgement is clouded by the copious amount of mind altering [b']drugs[/b] he seemingly takes.

As for you "not sticking your orr in" I would have not expected anything less from you.

You want to try them or what? ;)

Villarreal mourn tragic death of youth player Jorge Monzonís Sempere

black-ribbon.jpg

The lad in question is a 10 year old from their youth academy.

The Spanish National Police announced on Monday, that a man of 53 had stabbed his wife aged 50 and son aged 10 to death, then committed suicide by leaping from the rooftop of their apartment building, in a tragic case of domestic violence.

Really sad..but I guess societies problems occur both on and off the pitch.

Barcelona manager Tata Martino wasn’t so interested in getting drawn into the Clásico penalty decision debate, whilst also showing no real concerns over the form of Lionel Messi.

Smart move-Messi does more than create-and he did allow Neymar to play a bit

Real Betis manager Pepe Mel called a press conference at noon on Monday, to address the 5-0 thrashing his team suffered on Sunday, at the Vicente Calderón against Atlético Madrid.

How about being pushed Pepe? Would that help? Any casual observer can plainly see the team is playing without any real attitude. His rotation policy has left players just waiting on their turn rather than fighting for a squad position. Sure they lost Canas and Benat-but Madre de Dios :eek: subbing players like Cedric when they are the only ones proving a handful for the opposition like against Madrid? German full-back Markus Steinhöfer is reported by Marca to want a move away if he can't force a move into the side. Cmon Mel get it right-as Betis like Sociedad are a team with potential.

RFEF investigate Cristiano Ronaldo ‘chicken ’ comment to El Clásico referee

:D got to give this a chuckle..

Atletico Madrid youth product, Oliver Torres got his first start in his career with the club on Sunday evening against Real Betis, but he made the moment even more memorable by scoring his first goal…in 13 seconds, to become the fastest goal-scorer in Atletico Madrid history.

as pointed out before-and que the mad rush on SM to buy the next big thing..if he's lucky he may even make it into Sirmarkhughes wunderkids list :)

Villarreal mourn tragic death of youth player Jorge Monzonís Sempere
black-ribbon.jpg

The lad in question is a 10 year old from their youth academy.

Really sad..but I guess societies problems occur both on and off the pitch.

RFEF investigate Cristiano Ronaldo ‘chicken sh-t’ comment to El Clásico referee

:D got to give this a chuckle..

Horrific stuff! RIP Jorge and Jorge's mother.:(

Hey mate, did Ronaldo really call the Clásico's ref "chicken sh-t"?:D

Horrific stuff! RIP Jorge and Jorge's mother.:(

Hey mate' date=' did Ronaldo really call the Clásico's ref "chicken sh-t"?:D[/quote']

Seems he did..

Spanish TV station Cuatro's heavily-worked lip-readers reckoned Ronaldo insulted an official by calling him a "piece of s**t", with Sergio Busquets responding by calling his opponent a "crybaby".

I see a vid is attached maybe you can clear up the lip reading..

gMdT7gjQHk8

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/84599/rfef-investigate-cristiano-ronaldo-chicken-****-comment-to-el-clasico-referee/

Seems he did..

I see a vid is attached maybe you can clear up the lip reading..

gMdT7gjQHk8

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/84599/rfef-investigate-cristiano-ronaldo-chicken-****-comment-to-el-clasico-referee/

Yup, I think he said "cagón"; I hope he doesn't get suspended and if he does, I hope it doesn't last long.

Espanyol 0-0 Málaga: Goalkeepers rule as Casilla and Willy deny the strikers

Difficult match with both sides led by an stuttering offensive lines and able keepers..

FIFA has announced the list of nominees for 2013 Men’s Coach of the Year, which features the biggest managerial names in world football.

The complete list is as follows:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy) – Paris Saint-Germain/Real Madrid

Rafael Benítez (Spain) – Chelsea/Napoli

Antonio Conte (Italy) – Juventus

Vicente Del Bosque (Spain) – Spain national team

Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland) – Manchester United former coach

Jupp Heynckes (Germany) – Bayern München former coach

Jürgen Klopp (Germany) – Borussia Dortmund

José Mourinho (Portugal) – Real Madrid/Chelsea

Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil) – Brazil national team

Arsène Wenger (France) – Arsenal

A couple of odd choices IMO, but maybe it's due to a paucity of managerial talent at the top end?

Ancelotti: I chose to keep Di Maria because Ozil and Isco are very similar

Sounds plausible..but err if you are going to play through the middle and need a ball carrier umm maybe selling Benz might have been the best deal?

Real Madrid have confirmed they’ve contacted FIFA over off the cuff comments made by their president Sepp Blatter, when comparing Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Lionel Messi is a good boy that every father, every mother would like to have at home. He is very quick, he is not exuberant, he plays well, he is a good boy. That is what makes him so popular, because he is this nice man and that is why he gets votes.

The other one [Cristiano Ronaldo], he is something else, he is like a commander on the field of play. This is the other side of football and it is good to have such commanders on the field also. That gives life to football. One has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other, but that doesn’t matter.

I cannot say who is the best, there will be a contest this year and then January next year it will be announced. I like both of them, but I prefer Messi.

Does that mean Ronaldo is really a spice version of Zlatan?

Celta Vigo vs Barca in play:0-1 to Sanchez errr Barca -Celta just not able to settle and press the ball, with Barca driving though their defensive lines..

FIFA has announced the list of nominees for 2013 Men’s Coach of the Year, which features the biggest managerial names in world football.

The complete list is as follows:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy) – Paris Saint-Germain/Real Madrid

Rafael Benítez (Spain) – Chelsea/Napoli

Antonio Conte (Italy) – Juventus

Vicente Del Bosque (Spain) – Spain national team

Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland) – Manchester United former coach

Jupp Heynckes (Germany) – Bayern München former coach

Jürgen Klopp (Germany) – Borussia Dortmund

José Mourinho (Portugal) – Real Madrid/Chelsea

Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil) – Brazil national team

Arsène Wenger (France) – Arsenal

A couple of odd choices IMO, but maybe it's due to a paucity of managerial talent at the top end?

I always think this FIFA award, especially their shortlist nominee, is mainly down to reputation rather than actual form in years in question.

Does that mean Ronaldo is really a spice version of Zlatan?

Another brilliant moment by the totally non-corrupt FIFA organisation:rolleyes: or, to be precise, its boss.

The head of the mother of all football associations simply can't say he prefers one player over "the other one"; does he have a name?

You and I can say it, but not him. Ronaldo answered really well. If I were him, my answer would be: "I challenge all the sports journalists to investigate how Qatar was sellected to host the 2022 World Cup. If you want to know what I'm talking about, 3 words should be enough to explain: "money for votes".

I believe I know the origin of Blatter's sounbites. I bet he responded to Ronaldo; when asked about what opponent he wanted to face, in the WC playoffs, he answered: "Not France, for all kinds of reasons". I guess my fellow Irish forumers know what the Real Madrid player meant.

I don't see the need, for Blatter, to respond to Cristiano. Everyone knows that FIFA (I'll reuse the euphemism, I had used before, in the forum) is a dubious organisation. There's the Qatar example and, for instance, the vote fraud in FIFA Best Player or Best Manager of the Year Awards.

As for the "Messi is the kind of son any father would like to have", I'm not surprised. Ronaldo may spend more money in "the hairdresser", but at least he was never accused of tax evasion and neither was his (late) father. I really hope Messi didn't do it, because I do believe he's a good guy.

Regards:)

Am I the only one he doesn't who doesn't see anything wrong with Blatter's comments? I don't understand why he can't prefer one player over another just because he's the president of FIFA?!

At the end of the day, he's entitled to his own opinions. Clearly his comments won't have any influence over who's gonna win the Ballon d'Or. There was no need for Ronaldo's comment either. A huge overreaction from him. He needs to sort himself out if Blatter's opinion/joke did disrespect him.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Messi fan-boy, I would like to point out that I'm not. I hold these two players in high regard and I don't prefer one over the other. Both of them are simply awesome. :)

Am I the only one he doesn't who doesn't see anything wrong with Blatter's comments? I don't understand why he can't prefer one player over another just because he's the president of FIFA?!

At the end of the day' date=' he's entitled to his own opinions. Clearly his comments won't have any influence over who's gonna win the Ballon d'Or. There was no need for Ronaldo's comment either. A huge overreaction from him. He needs to sort himself out if Blatter's opinion/joke did disrespect him.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Messi fan-boy, I would like to point out that I'm not. I hold these two players in high regard and I don't prefer one over the other. Both of them are simply awesome. :)[/quote']

No mate, what I meant was Blatter shouldn't give his opinion, but he's certainly entitled to it.

For instance, if he was asked: "Which NT will win the 2014 World Cup?"

He's obviously entitled to his opinion, but I believe it wouldn't be wise to make it public.:)

Another brilliant moment by the totally non-corrupt FIFA organisation:rolleyes: or' date=' to be precise, its boss.

The head of the mother of all football associations simply can't say he prefers one player over "the other one"; does he have a name?

You and I can say it, but not him. Ronaldo answered really well. If I were him, my answer would be: "I challenge all the sports journalists to investigate how Qatar was sellected to host the 2022 World Cup. If you want to know what I'm talking about, 3 words should be enough to explain: "money for votes".

I believe I know the origin of Blatter's sounbites. I bet he responded to Ronaldo; when asked about what opponent he wanted to face, in the WC playoffs, he answered: "Not France, for all kinds of reasons". I guess my fellow Irish forumers know what the Real Madrid player meant.

I don't see the need, for Blatter, to respond to Cristiano. Everyone knows that FIFA (I'll reuse the euphemism, I had used before, in the forum) is a dubious organisation. There's the Qatar example and, for instance, the vote fraud in FIFA Best Player or Best Manager of the Year Awards.

As for the "Messi is the kind of son any father would like to have", I'm not surprised. Ronaldo may spend more money in "the hairdresser", but at least he was never accused of tax evasion and neither was his (late) father. I really hope Messi didn't do it, because I do believe he's a good guy.

Regards:)[/quote']

Superb post mate. Cant agree more. ;)

it was meant at a joke IMO...and possibly true.

A bit of news

Mexican billionaire Amado Yáñez is set to assume the majority shareholding of Segunda side Alcorcón at the start of November

Good news as sponsorship deals have already been renewed and with lots of potential talent available' date=' this may be a 3 year project to get into La liga.

With Jordi Alba already KO, Martino will have been doubly concerned at the sight of Brazilian left-back and utility player Adriano limping off with a muscle problem half an hour into the clash with Celta.

So might expect Montoya to start at their clash at Espanyol later

According to german weekly 'SportBild', FC Barcelona has already reached an agreement to sign goalkeeper Marc André Ter Stegen for next season.

An interesting choice -personally would have any GK replacement a year in advance.

Any one have any information about Miquel Flano of Ossauna.

Much appreciated thanks.

Flano has been out injured with a broken collar bone and has been short of match fitness.

When he is fully fit expect the side to show a bit more solidity in defense-or at least more options in defense since he's mostly a squad player

In related news you woudl have sworn Arsenal medical staff had relocated to Osasuna with Raoul Loe (thigh), Roberto Torres (head), Echaide (knee), Miguel Flano (collarbone) and Nino (knee) all having short to long term issues.

Flano has been out injured with a broken collar bone and has been short of match fitness.

When he is fully fit expect the side to show a bit more solidity in defense-or at least more options in defense since he's mostly a squad player

In related news you woudl have sworn Arsenal medical staff had relocated to Osasuna with Raoul Loe (thigh)' date=' Roberto Torres (head), Echaide (knee), Miguel Flano (collarbone) and Nino (knee) all having short to long term issues.[/quote']

Thanks mate:)