Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

One on one with the keeper always gunna be a red' date=' as I said before once he gives the pen he has no option but to send him off.

Those be the rules I'm afraid :P[/quote']

I know what your saying and i would agree if Neymar would have had a clear opportunity to get onto the ball before Lopez. I think that Lopez gathers the ball before Neymar gets it though so to me its not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Hardly any contact for my liking and not enough to warrent a penalty' date=' certainly wasn't a deliberate attempt to impede Neymar.

I am certain on it not being a red card, Lopez would of easily collected the ball before Neymar got a shot off, just because he is the keeper shouldn't count against a last line of defence.[/quote']

Once he gives the penalty it has to be a red card. I don't really see the debate. Neymar was 1-1 with Lopez so it's a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Messi gets his hat trick with another penalty. Was one of those you see given a lot outside the box but hardly ever inside. I think it was a decent decision though

Once he gives the penalty it has to be a red card. I don't really see the debate. Neymar was 1-1 with Lopez so it's a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Messi gets his hat trick with another penalty. Was one of those you see given a lot outside the box but hardly ever inside. I think it was a decent decision though

Aye I thought they were both penalties to be honest, just got sandwiched in the second one, dont think there was any need for the daft reaction rolling on the floor though

Aye I thought they were both penalties to be honest' date=' just got sandwiched in the second one, dont think there was any need for the daft reaction rolling on the floor though[/quote']

It's Spanish football. It's part of the game over there unfortunately.

Again i would agree with you if it was a clear one on one but i don't think it would of been. I think Lopez gathers the ball before Neymar gets a clear one on one opportunity.

It has to be a clear goal scoring opportunity to be a red card. Not just because it was past the last defender, if Lopez gets the ball before Neymar regardlous of the foul i don't see how its a red card.

Slowly? It's already here it's well announced it's self for some years.

Aye its been for years but it was mainly the foreigners, now we see Young Sturridge etc starting to do it, a couple of years ago you'd always think it would only be the foreign players that would do it, (or i thought it would only be them) but now the english are doing it, makes me sick its just plain embarassing

Aye its been for years but it was mainly the foreigners' date=' now we see Young Sturridge etc starting to do it, a couple of years ago you'd always think it would only be the foreign players that would do it, (or i thought it would only be them) but now the english are doing it, makes me sick its just plain embarassing[/quote']

I am glad it's now happening everywhere even though i dislike it because it makes it a more even playing field (sort of lol) been sickend with it since Sevillie 03.

Again i would agree with you if it was a clear one on one but i don't think it would of been. I think Lopez gathers the ball before Neymar gets a clear one on one opportunity.

It has to be a clear goal scoring opportunity to be a red card. Not just because it was past the last defender' date=' if Lopez gets the ball before Neymar regardlous of the foul i don't see how its a red card.[/quote']

It was a one on one. Neymar was behind Ramos and away from Marcelo with possession of the ball.

How isn't that a one on one?

I am glad it's now happening everywhere even though i dislike it because it makes it a more even playing field (sort of lol) been sickend with it since Sevillie 03.

are you a hoops fan? I was only 9 or 10 watching that game, I have a terrible memory but that game will always stick with me, Porto were disgusting

It was a one on one. Neymar was behind Ramos and away from Marcelo with possession of the ball.

How isn't that a one on one?

Neymar is going away from goal and i feel Lopez gets to the ball at the same time if not before Neymar. To me its not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity is the criteria for a red not just the last defender.

I don't think there is enough contact to warrant a penalty in the first place but i will conceide that any sort of contact while a player is in full flight can amount to a foul these days.

Seen Di maria and messi talking to each other in the tunnel? Looks like a prison cell down the middle of the tunnel

never noticed that before

Those lads should get along' date=' because they're going to be together in the Summer, playing for the same national team.

Pepe again.

What is new d8kbEAb.gif

The lack of gifs in this post is disappointing.
You just can't describe Pepe with a gif.

irBTStyWEjD4Y.gif

You're the hero of the modern times, mate. :P

If anyone misses a few gifs, you deliver them right away. :D

As for El Classico, I didn't really expect it to be such an open game.

The only unwanted things just happened again, though: bad refereeing and the usual pathetic theatrics... :o

are you a hoops fan? I was only 9 or 10 watching that game' date=' I have a terrible memory but that game will always stick with me, Porto were disgusting[/quote']

Sort of i was brought up a Celtic supporter i no longer go to games though i only go to hamilton games but they will always be in my heart and i follow schalke but yes truely disgusting.

2 hattricks in a row for Messi :eek:

Got an assist in both games aswell

Ronaldo 25 games 26 goals 7 assists

Messi 20 games 21 goals 10 assists.

IMO, 4 more games and he'll surpass Ronaldo once again.You can't stop this lad.Ronaldo's best player in the world?Yeah,when Messi's injured :P

Neymar is going away from goal and i feel Lopez gets to the ball at the same time if not before Neymar. To me its not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity is the criteria for a red not just the last defender.

I don't think there is enough contact to warrant a penalty in the first place but i will conceide that any sort of contact while a player is in full flight can amount to a foul these days.

Of course it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Neymar would've had a free shot on goal and Ramos denied him that. Therefore by your own definition it was the right decision to send him off, which it was once he'd made the decision to give the penalty.

Of course it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Neymar would've had a free shot on goal and Ramos denied him that. Therefore by your own definition it was the right decision to send him off' date=' which it was once he'd made the decision to give the penalty.[/quote']

I've already tried to explain twice that i think Lopez gets the ball at the same time if not before Neymar, as well as Neymar going away from goal.

If Lopez gets the ball at the same time as Neymar how does that make it a clear goal scoring opportunity?

I've already tried to explain twice that i think Lopez gets the ball at the same time if not before Neymar' date=' as well as Neymar going away from goal.

If Lopez gets the ball at the same time as Neymar how does that make it a clear goal scoring opportunity?[/quote']

But he wasn't definitely going to get there first. Neymar had possession and was 1-1 with Lopez. Therefore that is a goal scoring opportunity.