Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Barca given a two transfer window ban... That's massive what are they going to do for a keeper and a new defender' date=' can't sign anyone until next summer[/quote']

Pinto the number one for all of next season. Ouch.

Anyone foresee them offering Valdes a huge contract to stay now?

Can they still sign that Croatian lad they agreed a deal with the other week? Oh and can they still sell players?

I'd think they can sell players. Not sure on Halilovic but I'd believe they couldn't sign him as the transfer only becomes official next Window, which they are banned from.

I'd think they can sell players. Not sure on Halilovic but I'd believe they couldn't sign him as the transfer only becomes official next Window' date=' which they are banned from.[/quote']

No buying or selling. No deals whatsoever.

Hahahaha.........................

Lol :D

@Ultraviolence

2404949-kobe_u_mad.jpg

Keep in mind that happened to Chel$ea in 2010 re; Gael Kakuta and they had it overturned at the court of arbitration for sport. not saying this will/wont' date=' who knows, but id bet a pretty penny that Barca are already lodging the appeal.[/quote']

This is a totally different matter. We induced Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens in order to sign for us. Lens were unhappy with us and complained to FIFA. Later we received a transfer embargo which we planed to appeal at the CAS, but a month before the court case, we reached an out-of-court agreement with Lens and they decided to drop their case. FIFA and the CAS acknowledged this agreement and therefore our embargo was lifted without it going to court.

Barca's case is different. I don't see their embargo being lifted.

I'm guessing Ter Stegen won't be on his way to Barce either now then, wonder where he will end up considering that Gladbach have bought Yann Sommer to cover for the departing Ter Stegen.

I think that Barce are lucky in that they have very good young players that are coming up to an age where they are ready for first team football, like Bartra and Montoya. I don't see there defence being too much of a problem because of that but it looks like they could really struggle for a keeper.

Got to feel sorry for the fringe players that may of wanted out though, the likes of Song and Afellay are coming into important years in there careers. A move away they need to rejuvenate anything thats left has just gone sailing down the river!

Barca's case is different. I don't see their embargo being lifted.

They are in breach over 10 or more players, the extent of the offence is still not fully uncovered. I think it is safe to say the ban will be upheld.

Huge moment in world football though, a super giant of the game not getting away with something.