Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Well done Atletico. Deserved winner after all,will be tragedy if this Barcelona win the league. On today's game,i thought the defence in particular is excellent. Sanchez' goal is unstoppable and Messi need to drop very deep to get the ball. Sosa is excellent since he came on too. Retain the ball very well and keep his composure until the end. I hope Costa and Arda can make it back for CL final

Is it in vouge to wear different coloured shoes? As Villa & Sagna both are wearing them & it looks hilarious.:D

Well what a win for Atletico. They've shown that tackling is as important as passing, kicking, dribbling is in football.

Is it in vouge to wear different coloured shoes? As Villa & Sagna both are wearing them & it looks hilarious.:D

Well what a win for Atletico. They've shown that tackling is as important as passing' date=' kicking, dribbling is in football.[/quote']

They've shown to Chelsea too that tactical 'masterclass' in defence isn't all about parking the bus but also to keep pressing and be determined for 90 minutes. I can say i've enjoyed Atletico disciplined and determined defence today

Was going to watch a recording after the Arsenal game without knowing the result and bloody Clyve Tyldesley goes and says Atletico drew on live telly.... At least let people know the spoiler alert fs...

Anyway congrats to Atletico Madrid :D

I never thought I'd see my beloved Atletico win a league title. With the way Spain is, I've always thought we'd be more likely to be relegated than to actually win a title. Over the moon right now; though I wasn't able to breathe at all for the 2nd half there. Wow.

I never thought I'd see my beloved Atletico win a league title. With the way Spain is' date=' I've always thought we'd be more likely to be relegated than to actually win a title. Over the moon right now; though I wasn't able to breathe at all for the 2nd half there. Wow.[/quote']

by that, you'll be a statue if ucl final is to be decided on penalties & its a goal to win for Atletico.

Well what a win for Atletico. They've shown that tackling is as important as passing' date=' kicking, dribbling is in football.[/quote']

a good chunk of the Arsenal team was wearing the pink/blue boot combo, must be for some cause/point but i dont know what

edit: looked it up just a puma boot style that they are promoting

Well done Atletico. Deserved winner after all' date='will be tragedy if this Barcelona win the league. On today's game,i thought the defence in particular is excellent. Sanchez' goal is unstoppable and Messi need to drop very deep to get the ball. Sosa is excellent since he came on too. Retain the ball very well and keep his composure until the end. I hope Costa and Arda can make it back for CL final[/quote']

Doubt costa will be fit it's his hamstring again, they said turans was just a knock but needed assessing .

Reus is aswell in the Dortmund game

I never thought I'd see my beloved Atletico win a league title. With the way Spain is' date=' I've always thought we'd be more likely to be relegated than to actually win a title. Over the moon right now; though I wasn't able to breathe at all for the 2nd half there. Wow.[/quote']

I was exactly the same, for the last twenty minutes anyway and I'm not even an atletico fan it was a great finish .

The trophy wasn't presented as the head of the Spanish FA wasn't at the game? Anyone knoe when will Atletico get it?

Saw on Twitter earlier that the title is traditionally presented on the first day of the following season. Makes sense to do it at a home game really.

Atleti, Atleti!!!

brilliant match that epitomised everything that one has come to admire about tletico throughout the season and to do it away at Barcelona having two of your star players injured, going 1-0 down what an absolutely fantastic show of charachter.

As soon as Godin scored I knew they would not let it slip you could see the determination, the fight, they simply wanted it more and they deserved it over the season they have been the best side and totally merit the Championship.

Make no mistake IMO this is one of the absolute great achievements of all time (certainly in my football watching time) to break the duopoly of Madrid and Barca given the complete disparity in resources, revenues, playing squads is absolutely phenomenal and Simrone and the players can take real pride in what they have achieved.

Phenomenal absolutely phenomenal and these a the kinda stories that football is all about, brilliant. :)

Hope they go on and d the double before there squad is probably and unfortunatly torn apart to some degree. :(