Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Saw on Twitter earlier that the title is traditionally presented on the first day of the following season. Makes sense to do it at a home game really.

Pretty stupid. Players like Courtois and Costa will likely not get to lift it then!

Probably the FA Chairman didn't want to start a riot in Barcelona by giving Atleti the trophy in the Nou Camp. But I'm a conspiracist.

So pleased for Atletico though. What a season! Can't see them winning next weekend though as it looks like Costa and Arda Turan will be out and Real rested most of their stars this weekend.

Somebody a bit peeved........:P

I don't really mind City's sanctions. The CL squad restriction is annoying but the rest is fine.

I just don't like the system it is enforcing. Means that the clubs that currently bring in the most revenue can cherry pick the best players from all of the other clubs to maintain their on the field advantage. Investment is the only thing that can counter that.

Was going to watch a recording after the Arsenal game without knowing the result and bloody Clyve Tyldesley goes and says Atletico drew on live telly.... At least let people know the spoiler alert fs...

Anyway congrats to Atletico Madrid :D

Nailed it. :D

I never thought I'd see my beloved Atletico win a league title. With the way Spain is' date=' I've always thought we'd be more likely to be relegated than to actually win a title. Over the moon right now; though I wasn't able to breathe at all for the 2nd half there. Wow.[/quote']

Take that, Snoozelona! :P

I completely get what you're saying, mate.

In Portugal, it's even worse.

Apart from Porto, Benfica and Sporting (that dominate Portuguese football and, by "dominate", I mean outside the pitch), no other club can be champion in Portugal.

Boavista was more than 10 years ago, but it was due to the influence of their corrupt chairman.

When Braga was close to winning the title, they were "pushed" away by external forces.

Congrats to Atleti and in particular to Simeone! :)

If he isn't voted manager of the year for 2014, it will be a total joke.

Well done to Athleti on the title win, who would of thought we would see someone besides Barca or Real Madrid win La Liga. :o

Sad to see Real Betis relegated, use to love watching them years ago with the likes or Robert Jarni playing for them.

Real Betis will play Osasuna tonight who can avoid relegation is Grananda lose.

smileys-winner-428978.gif

Neymar isn't expected to leave Barcelona anytime soon, but he is keen to return to Brazil later in his career. Neymar intends to finish his playing days at former club Santos, but would be prepared to represent another Brazilian club before that time.

Don't think Santos will find him of any use by then. :rolleyes:

Not done & dusted yet is it?

I have a 25 euro bet with a Spanish mate that he will become manager by 2015 placed 3 years ago when he was Barca B coach so hope it does happen :D

25 euros in my pocket (well to go on bets at the World Cup :)).

Barcelona announced it today.

Ter Stegen announced by Barca with Pinto being released.

Rafinha & Gerard recalled.

A good signing for them to replace the departed Valdes.I think Ter will be great for them as he is such a good young keeper.

It will be different not to seeing him in the German league no more.

And Navas over Courtois?

As an Atletico fan... yes. Absolutely. Courtois is one of the best in the world, but Navas had a better season. Navas can't rely on Godin-Miranda and still pulls out save after save after save.

Don't be surprised if his team pull a few surprises out of the World Cup. He's a gamebreaker.

Oh sure! As long as he comes back to you guys I imagine? :P

He'll kick Pedro out of the Starting XI in my opinion.

Not really, he wasn't good enough to start week in week out for Everton, never mind Barca. He is so frustrating to watch and doesn't really pass the ball and always tries to take the extra man on, until he learns to stop doing these things he should not be starting for Barca. It would be more beneficial to go out to a team in Spain for a year like a Sevilla or someone else who will be in Europe next season from Spain.