Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

If he signs there apparently will be assurances put in place that he and TS start on a level par.

24.4M.... and id hardly think Bravo would go to be on the bench and maintain his spot as Chile No.1

;2919465']24.4M.... and id hardly think Bravo would go to be on the bench and maintain his spot as Chile No.1

WOW that's how much they paid?! Surely they wouldn't spend that much only to put him on the bench!

Seems strange that they would spend so much on a GK when they have got one of the better young german talents that many thought would be the number 1.

WOW' date=' surely they wouldn't spend that much only to put him on the bench!

Seems strange that they would spend so much on a GK when they have got one of the better young german talents that many thought would be the number 1.[/quote']

but i dont think the fee may be that high in the end..

I think Bravo will be no.1 next season and be phased out over next 2/3 seasons.

They integrated Valdes that way with Bonano in his first season

Terrible idea to be honest. We all saw what happened with Casillas and Lopez for example. Ter Stegen is a keeper who is in development and needs to play for a whole season every season. Bravo probably wants the same for himself. Also same thing with Fabianski and Szczesny. In the end, one will always leave.

;2919471']but i dont think the fee may be that high in the end..

I think Bravo will be no.1 next season and be phased out over next 2/3 seasons.

They integrated Valdes that way with Bonano in his first season

Oh right so that's not the fee they have paid then, i thought that's what you meant.

Guess it could work out, might ease the pressure on Ter Stegen of such a big and high profile move.

Oh right so that's not the fee they have paid then' date=' i thought that's what you meant.

Guess it could work out, might ease the pressure on Ter Stegen of such a big and high profile move.[/quote']

its what i saw,but its the release clause like you mentioned.

Why on earth would you get Bravo too?God,thats horrible.Ter Stegen is head and shoulders above him and not only,he has to play to develop further.And why on earth would you spend cash on another keeper instead of buying a quality CB or buy players in positions you need?Whats going on at Barca?Did Woodward took over?OH wait,he can't agree any deal but rather see that than wasting cash on positions which a team/my team doesn't need.

Isn't this just a case of them acting fast before their transfer ban kicks in? Valdes is going and Pinto's both 38 and rubbish. There's not a whole lot coming through the B team either with Masip being the regular keeper at 25 years old. If he were good enough, he'd have replaced Pinto by now.

So a case of two out, two in.

Isn't this just a case of them acting fast before their transfer ban kicks in? Valdes is going and Pinto's both 38 and rubbish. There's not a whole lot coming through the B team either with Masip being the regular keeper at 25 years old. If he were good enough' date=' he'd have replaced Pinto by now.

So a case of two out, two in.[/quote']

Yes but why on earth would you spend over 10 on Bravo because he won't go for less.You need a back-up keeper,not an expensive one.Masip was good enough to be a back-up

Yes but why on earth would you spend over 10 on Bravo because he won't go for less.You need a back-up keeper' date='not an expensive one.Masip was good enough to be a back-up[/quote']

They've seen Valdes get a major injury this season and Barca subsequently didn't win a trophy for the first season since 07/08. I'm not saying that the two are directly linked, but maybe the Barca board have been frightened into getting a couple of solid keepers. Masip's not as good as Pinto, and he's not at all good.

The money doesn't really matter either. The TV deal in Spain means that Barca and Real can spend whatever they like.

Looks like Atletico is disbanding already,Tiago looks like joining Diego Costa to go to Chelsea and now David Villa is supposed to be joining New York FC,I hope they have some money to spend with all of that and the miracle of last season but they have massive amounts of debt anyway.

I can imagine Saul Niguez and Oliver Torres competing to take Tiago's place,Villa will be a massive relief of the wage bill and Costa was always going to leave anyway,just hope it doesn't go to badly wrong as last season was the best season from a club side ever in my opinion.

this can't be true

iNvWmcL7y3Po9.gif

On a 3 year contract.

Atletico have already signed Angel Correa and according to the same source that has the Villa to New York news Atletico are surposed to be on the verge of signing Rakitic. Soldado is also meant to be there first choice of CF as well according to Maca.

Looks like Atletico is disbanding already' date='Tiago looks like joining Diego Costa to go to Chelsea and now David Villa is supposed to be joining New York FC,I hope they have some money to spend with all of that and the miracle of last season but they have massive amounts of debt anyway.

I can imagine Saul Niguez and Oliver Torres competing to take Tiago's place,Villa will be a massive relief of the wage bill and Costa was always going to leave anyway,just hope it doesn't go to badly wrong as last season was the best season from a club side ever in my opinion.[/quote']

Miranda to Man Utd..24M i heard

Ath Madrid were basically due to be liquidated if this season went to pot...

;2919536']Miranda to Man Utd..24M i heard

Ath Madrid were basically due to be liquidated if this season went to pot...

Once more... yay for FFP!

The only thing that could keep this Atletico side together would be heavy external investment and now that isn't allowed. Hence, their best players are going to be cherry picked by those who have 'stable finances'. Those stable finances amount to clubs who've had heavy investment before FFP or who have cataclysmic debts.

Real Madrid looking to swap Illarramendi for Griezmann. Not sure i believe that transfer rumour' date=' getting rid of a player you paid 30 odd million for only a year ago![/quote']

Real is quick to discard players though. Might see them pay cash for Griezmann, and send Illaramendi on a loan to Sociedad to coax them to sell or something.