Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Not too worried about Atletico just yet. Loss of players was always going to happen. Signing Angel is a good step for our front line. Léo coming back also works in our favour, he's almost ready to step up. Oliver and Saul joining the midfield are both ready to take big roles on the squad. Thomas, a started the entire season for Mallorca, could also be ready, though he's untested. I have full faith in Manquillo as well who can play as a right winger or right back. Finally, Alderweireld is ready at the back, though I'd feel more confident if we could sign a solid defender (someone like Neto from Zenit). In goal.. we'll see. We always figure something out

Not too worried about Atletico just yet. Loss of players was always going to happen. Signing Angel is a good step for our front line. Léo coming back also works in our favour' date=' he's almost ready to step up. Oliver and Saul joining the midfield are both ready to take big roles on the squad. Thomas, a started the entire season for Mallorca, could also be ready, though he's untested. I have full faith in Manquillo as well who can play as a right winger or right back. Finally, Alderweireld is ready at the back, though I'd feel more confident if we could sign a solid defender (someone like Neto from Zenit). In goal.. we'll see. We always figure something out[/quote']

I like Manquillo, although I only watched him play at RB. He was competent in defence and exciting offensively.

Didn't he struggle with injuries this season, though?

I like Manquillo' date=' although I only watched him play at RB. He was competent in defence and exciting offensively.

Didn't he struggle with injuries this season, though?[/quote']

R7r1jyeAMeY

Just the one injury, from which he'll recover. Best part is Ronaldo laughing after ending the kid's season.

R7r1jyeAMeY

Just the one injury' date=' from which he'll recover. Best part is Ronaldo laughing after ending the kid's season.[/quote']

not often i go in to bat for ronny. When he first commits the foul he does what every player would in making a positive face and shruggin off the referee. I think at the end though when he has seen the replay and the paramedics his face says it all, he realises he has busted up the kid badly.

Definately a foul but nothing malicious, my god its awful to watch though. I dont know about you Insider but every time i see that neck angle i shudder and cringe and hold my own neck/shoulder. I hope he makes a full recovery and comes back better than before.

R7r1jyeAMeY

Just the one injury' date=' from which he'll recover. Best part is Ronaldo laughing after ending the kid's season.[/quote']

I'm with Cam, here.

Definitely a foul and a yellow card.

I didn't think it was malicious, but if he saw Manquillo fall (the way he fell was horrible to see) and he laughed at him, that's just disgusting.

However, I believe Ronaldo was booked and he was laughing, coz he didn't think he deserved a yellow card.

I hope Manquillo recovers fully and has a great career - he's the kind of fullback I love to watch. :)

Ronaldo wasn't laughing because 'the kid' was injured.

Ronaldo was laughing sarcastically to the ref for showing him the yellow.

Ronaldo had very little to do with the kid landing awkwardly and getting seriously hurt.

You had a good season. Still bitter?

Think he is laughing because he didn't see the landing and believed it was a petty challenge too warrant a booking

Exactly and when he saw Manquillo was hurt he had a surprise expression on his face cuz he didn't go hard at him at all.

Finally' date=' Alderweireld is ready at the back, though I'd feel more confident if we could sign a solid defender (someone like Neto from Zenit).[/quote']

Hi Insider, could you please explain why you feel Neto is a more solid option at the back than Alderweireld :)

Personally I think Alderweireld's much better than Neto (I know you only used him as an example but still). Not even a contest.

Hi Insider' date=' could you please explain why you feel Neto is a more solid option at the back than Alderweireld :)

Personally I think Alderweireld's much better than Neto (I know you only used him as an example but still). Not even a contest.[/quote']

Sorry, I meant in addition to Alderweireld. I would feel comfortable adding some depth to the squad, Neto would make a fantastic injury/suspension replacement or cup player.

Ronaldo wasn't laughing because 'the kid' was injured.

Ronaldo was laughing sarcastically to the ref for showing him the yellow.

Ronaldo had very little to do with the kid landing awkwardly and getting seriously hurt.

You had a good season. Still bitter?

Bitter about what? I don't like seeing players laugh when it's obvious that something is seriously wrong. If Ronaldo didn't see Manquillo, he definitely saw the goalkeeper running towards him or the other players all heading straight for the player. In my mind, it's inappropriate and a bit self-centered.

I'm not going to be baited into a battle with you about Atletico/Real. Both teams had a great run in the Champions League and we were treated to a fantastic final. Some great play in that last game from both teams, especially from Sergio Ramos and Godin; Di Maria and Gabi. No complaints whatsoever. I've posted multiple times this season explaining that as an Atletico fan, I'm just happy and surprised to be here. My opinions on the Ronaldo/Manquillo incident have nothing to do with results between the two teams; you'll find they match my reaction to the incident when it happened.

After saying that Fabregas was not for sale a few day's ago it seems Barcelona have changed their mind and have said that he does not feature in their plans and can leave.

We can make some room for Cesc' date=' here at Braga. :P

Who's better D.Marshall or Keylor Navas
I would say Navas.

I agree, I'd also say Navas.

Not too worried about Atletico just yet. Loss of players was always going to happen. Signing Angel is a good step for our front line. Léo coming back also works in our favour' date=' he's almost ready to step up. Oliver and Saul joining the midfield are both ready to take big roles on the squad. Thomas, a started the entire season for Mallorca, could also be ready, though he's untested. I have full faith in Manquillo as well who can play as a right winger or right back. Finally, Alderweireld is ready at the back, though I'd feel more confident if we could sign a solid defender (someone like Neto from Zenit). In goal.. we'll see. We always figure something out[/quote']

Who is the better out of Oliver and Saul?

Tough to tell. Saul doesn't have much experience in his actual position' date=' but he's just so versatile while maintaining that high skill level. I'd pick him.[/quote']

Thanks very much for that, really appreciate it. I actually thought you would of said Oliver. I didn't think Saul had a good time on loan at Rayo?

Thanks very much for that' date=' really appreciate it. I actually thought you would of said Oliver. I didn't think Saul had a good time on loan at Rayo?[/quote']

He's a fantastic player and he showed it; he was just played out of position a lot (As far back as CB for quite a few games)