Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Why did Madrid choose pink for their away kit next season?

Of all colors' date=' why pink?

Why?

Why????? :([/quote']

considering the majority of the human being are women and pink is a color they appreciate very much, seems a good way to try increase the sales..

"Neymar is now two international goals away from jumping over Brazilian legends Jairzinho and Ronaldinho." - Absolutely stunning, considering he's only 22?!

You might hate him (and me for saying this), but he's one of the best of this generation, and nothing is going to change that.

His back-heel-assist for Hulk's goal was crazy too!

"Neymar is now two international goals away from jumping over Brazilian legends Jairzinho and Ronaldinho." - Absolutely stunning' date=' considering he's only 22?!

You might hate him (and me for saying this), but he's one of the best of this generation, and nothing is going to change that.

His back-heel-assist for Hulk's goal was crazy too![/quote']

Its a bit of a farce though, Brazil have been on Harlem Globetrotter-esque duties for maybe 3 years now? His goals are coming against alot of very weak opposition.. Granted some have been spectacular and turned in some nice performances for Selecao....but in some big games he has been a passenger.

He is the poster boy for the WC and his career has been shaped for this very moment over the last several years.

Costa passes a medical....Villa gone, Courtois returned...

The decimation of Atletico is just beginning :(

Be so interesting to see how they line up come the new season such a shame that circumstances dictate they have to be broken up like they will be. :(

Costa passes a medical....Villa gone' date=' Courtois returned...

Be so interesting to see how they line up come the new season such a shame that circumstances dictate they have to be broken up like they will be. :([/quote']

If only a wealthy investor was allowed to come in and keep them together...

Costa passes a medical....Villa gone' date=' Courtois returned...

Be so interesting to see how they line up come the new season such a shame that circumstances dictate they have to be broken up like they will be. :([/quote']

Wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Koke and Turan leave too. 'tis a shame, must be so frustrating for fans too see their side torn apart so soon after delivering the league title.

If only a wealthy investor was allowed to come in and keep them together...

Alternatively I would suggest that a more equal share of TV Rights instead of two clubs pocketing 80% would have a much better effect....

Wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Koke and Turan leave too. 'tis a shame' date=' must be so frustrating for fans too see their side torn apart so soon after delivering the league title.[/quote']

Yeh Be surprised if Koke is there, the likes of Tiago, Luis Felipe a lot of talk about them as well.

Atletico Madrid might be the team I want to play in Pot A of the Champions League Group if this all comes to Fruition. Still sad though.

Success can only be maintained by smaller clubs on a sustainable business model in the long term, Atletico Madrid are doing fantastically well but are in a position where they seem to need to sell their best player every season. You can't maintain that, you need to be in a position to negotiate a lot more than £32 million for Diego Costa and to be able to reinvest that money in the team.

It is pretty much impossible for anyone other than Real Madrid and Barcelona to compete without equal television rights, the gap of income is such ridiculous and as bad as the English FA are they are made to look like saints by those in charge of running Spanish Football.

Success can only be maintained by smaller clubs on a sustainable business model in the long term' date=' Atletico Madrid are doing fantastically well but are in a position where they seem to need to sell their best player every season. You can't maintain that, you need to be in a position to negotiate a lot more than £32 million for Diego Costa and to be able to reinvest that money in the team.

It is pretty much impossible for anyone other than Real Madrid and Barcelona to compete without equal television rights, the gap of income is such ridiculous and as bad as the English FA are they are made to look like saints by those in charge of running Spanish Football.[/quote']

Hard to argue with any of that particularly the last paragraph, it sickens me to see what happens in Spain, suffocating any opposition and basically making it a closed shop, the Premier League is very good in the distribution of money aspects fairly...

Makes Atletico's achievements last year all the more remarkable.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Koke and Turan leave too. 'tis a shame' date=' must be so frustrating for fans too see their side torn apart so soon after delivering the league title.[/quote']

It's the unspoken rule of Spanish football to break down any team that beats Barça and Real to silverware. Happened to Valencia a decade ago, Deportivo before that and Atlético when they last won the title.

Costa going will be the most crippling part of it too. Last time they tried to defend their title, it was again without their top goalscorer, who albeit left due to other circumstances, but still.

I guess this leaves Barça and Real to fight for the title for the next decade or so. Spanish football back to it's boring self.

Barcelona are reportedly close to signing Ivan Rakitic for €20m. For a player of his calibare, that's a bargain.

Also leaving Sevilla is Alberto Moreno. The talented left back is reportedly close to joining Liverpool for €22m.

Barcelona are reportedly close to signing Ivan Rakitic for €20m. For a player of his calibare' date=' that's a bargain.

Also leaving Sevilla is Alberto Moreno. The talented left back is reportedly close to joining Liverpool for €22m.[/quote']

So many expensive LB's on the market this summer. Astonishing!

You do make a valid point with Rakitic though. I guess he isn't "marquee enough" for Abramovich.

As a Croatian born I am happy that our players are getting the attention of top European clubs.

I hope Rakatic's move to Barcelona does not put a dent in his career due to not having much playing time because of the depth the squad or missing out because of other players coming in or already there.

Ivan has emerged as a world class player and many club would love to have him, hope he choices the correct for him.