Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Neither were the likes of Matic' date=' Oscar, Salah, Wliian etc but we still signed them.[/quote']

No one's going to sign a marquee player every transfer period.

It's just fair to say that you wouldn't imagine Abramovich saying: "Oh, Rakitic is available as well, and he's had a much better season, and he's cheaper too! Why not go for him instead of shelling out on a player with a big name?"

• 2 weeks later...

Around 33. He is nearly at 30 and still in great phsyical condition' date=' certainly a special player.[/quote']

We'll see. I think it'll be interesting to see for how long can he be the best player in his team. He's grown to be one of my favorite players so I'd certainly like to see him do well for as long as possible.

What would a Ronaldo at the tail end of his career look like? A center forward perhaps?

So negotiations are set to open between Barcelona & Liverpool for Suarez.

So a player who a player who is banned from all football activities is potentially signing for a club banned from making transfers. lol.

But they're not banned from completing transfers at present.

So negotiations are set to open between Barcelona & Liverpool for Suarez.

So a player who a player who is banned from all football activities is potentially signing for a club banned from making transfers. lol.

Double negation - it cancels each other out. :P

We'll see. I think it'll be interesting to see for how long can he be the best player in his team. He's grown to be one of my favorite players so I'd certainly like to see him do well for as long as possible.

What would a Ronaldo at the tail end of his career look like? A center forward perhaps?

Either that, or a false 9.

No one's going to sign a marquee player every transfer period.

It's just fair to say that you wouldn't imagine Abramovich saying: "Oh' date=' Rakitic is available as well, and he's had a much better season, and he's cheaper too! Why not go for him instead of shelling out on a player with a big name?"[/quote']

Like we need a marquee signing to boost merchandise sales. It's not like we're a club which depends on a big name signing to boost our revenue. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Mario Mandzukic is reportedly off to Atletico for €18m according to Večernji List (a Croatian daily newspaper). They also claim that he rejected an offer from Wolfsburg, who offered him a gross annual salary of €8m.

A brilliant signing by Atletico if they manage to pull if off. He'd be the perfect replacement for Costa.

Very sad to hear the news on Alfredo Di Stefano today, although obviously to young to see him play live, I have seen videos and he looked like a wonderful player and was the absolute king of Real Madrid.

My old man always says he was one of the greatest ever, sad when a legend (a proper legend, the word is used unfittingly most of the time) passes this mortal realm.

RIP.

Apparently Real Madrid are closing in on............. wait for it.......... Eero Markkanen. :confused: You're a bit late for April fools. :P When the news was first revealed, I thought it was a joke.

He's a good player but he's doesn't have the quality you expect from a Madrid player. They're planning to loan him to their Castilla team, but still it's a bit of a joke to sign him. :o It's been mocked on Twitter as well:

Lasse Nilsson @Lassenilsson09

Rohdén is ready for Barca!

Patrick Ekwall @Ekwall

Marcus Pode on his way to Chelsea!

Patrick Ekwall @Ekwall

Kristian Haynes negotiating with Bayern Munich.

Some papers reporting Mandzukic has signed for Athletico' date=' would of liked to see him in the EPL.

Still, a perfect replacement for Costa IMO.[/i']

Oh definitely. Watch how they make him their 25-goal/season striker in no time.

Ideal conditions really, as I wouldn't have possibly seen him play for any EPL team, maybe bar Liverpool, which I'd rather not see anyway.

Oh definitely. Watch how they make him their 25-goal/season striker in no time.

Ideal conditions really' date=' as I wouldn't have possibly seen him play for any EPL team, maybe bar Liverpool, which I'd rather not see anyway.[/quote']

Why not any EPL club bar Liverpool?