Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Matthias Sammer has confirmed that Bayern and Atletico have reached an agreement over Mandzukic as well as Mandzukic and Atletico..

Sounds like its done and dusted then. 93+ striker number 5 in a row? (Torres, Aguero, Falcao, Costa) By god Atletico do alright with strikers.

Sounds like its done and dusted then. 93+ striker number 5 in a row? (Torres' date=' Aguero, Falcao, Costa) By god Atletico do alright with strikers.[/quote']

All confirmed now by both clubs, Mario is an Atletico player. Your right, they have an uncanny ability to find excellent strikers. Mandzukic is quite different to the ones before him though, be interesting to see how well he does.

Why not any EPL club bar Liverpool?

Mandzukic needed to be the spearhead of the attack, something Guardiola didn't want, hence his decision to leave. Mourinho wouldn't agree to that either (at least not every game, which is essentially what Mario wanted) and all the other top teams are already spoilt up front. The reason I said "bar Liverpool" is because of the (possible) departure of Suarez.

Can anyone explain why Madrid would even think about selling Alvaro Morata? Everyone bangs on about Jese being the upcoming star at Real, when Jese was injured last season Morata got more game time (even though alot was as a sub) and he was brilliant

Can anyone explain why Madrid would even think about selling Alvaro Morata? Everyone bangs on about Jese being the upcoming star at Real' date=' when Jese was injured last season Morata got more game time (even though alot was as a sub) and he was brilliant[/quote']

because he's going for 18m and theyll have a buy back clause and money is no object to madrid if he flops then wohoo if he performs wohoo win win.

Can anyone explain why Madrid would even think about selling Alvaro Morata? Everyone bangs on about Jese being the upcoming star at Real' date=' when Jese was injured last season Morata got more game time (even though alot was as a sub) and he was brilliant[/quote']

James Rodriguez.

Wouldn't really consider it a reward' date=' as we all know what's going to happen if he does make the move.[/quote']

Ha, I suppose so, but it's much like Willy signing for City, in that it keeps the first choice keepers (Neuer/Hart) on their toes at all time. One major slip up and the second choice could be given a chance to show what he's worth. Not entirely ideal for the second choice keepers, but they know that a good chance is there for the taking, and I doubt neither won't be played at all.

It'd perhaps be a bigger reward for Navas had he signed as first choice keeper, but just being signed by Bayern is an accomplishment in itself. Besides, he's not exactly going to be on a bad wage :P

Ha' date=' I suppose so, but it's much like Willy signing for City, in that it keeps the first choice keepers (Neuer/Hart) on their toes at all time. [b']One major slip up and the second choice could be given a chance to show what he's worth.[/b]

It'd perhaps been a bigger reward had he signed as first choice keeper, but just being signed by Bayern is an accomplishment in itself. Besides, he's not exactly going to be on a bad wage :P

That is a likelihood in Hart's case, not in Neuer's.

Good wages and a major accomplishment is one thing, but on the other hand it's kind of like living on benefits if you think about it. :P

That is a likelihood in Hart's case' date=' not in Neuer's.

Good wages and a major accomplishment is one thing, but on the other hand it's kind of like living on benefits if you think about it. :P[/quote']

You'd be surprised. Whilst I'm not an avid bundesliga viewer, I've heard/seen that Neuer can be slightly hit and miss, although I've been really impressed with him during the World Cup. Really, I think it's just a precaution method. With all due respect to the man, just look at Barca with Pinto last season.

You can sign me up for some of those benefits if that's the case!!! :P

You'd be surprised. Whilst I'm not an avid bundesliga viewer' date=' I've heard/seen that Neuer can be slightly hit and miss, although I've been really impressed with him during the World Cup. Really, I think it's just a precaution method. With all due respect to the man, just look at Barca with Pinto last season.

You can sign me up for some of those benefits if that's the case!!! :P[/quote']

Oh of course, it's not like he'll be completely plastered to the bench - he will definitely get some game time somewhere. Much like Pinto, I can imagine him being a cup starter and get the odd game once Bayern win their title 10 games in advance (as per usual).

Neuer's critiques tend to point out that he loves to actively be involved with the play, and more often than not tends to do ridiculous stuff (albeit effective) in order to do so. If anything, that's what makes him even more special in my opinion. I haven't seen a GK with so much confidence since, well ... Kahn.

And no doubt you'd love those benefits, after all, who wouldn't? :D But as a professional I'd be quite frustrated if those benefits hinder me from doing my daily (weekly) job on a regular basis. :)

They need the money' date=' not a replacement.[/quote']

I've had a reply saying money is no object to Real Madrid and now one saying they need the money :confused: Makes no sense to me. but either way if he gets game time and develops then hopefully they'll buy him back as a better player

I've had a reply saying money is no object to Real Madrid and now one saying they need the money :confused: Makes no sense to me. but either way if he gets game time and develops then hopefully they'll buy him back as a better player

Even Real Madrid, believe it or not, don't have an unlimited budget. It wouldn't make sense to splash their reserves on another top player if they aren't going to get rid of a couple and cash in before that.

Suarez deal just confirmed that he's agreed a 5 year contract and cost around 65 million

Pool were never getting 80 for him thanks to his mental breakdowns. Could be useless could be an absolute weapon in a big spain side. will be interesting to see how disciplined he can be.

That said the diving/ refeering/ epic drama of the league should have him fit like a glove

Pool were never getting 80 for him thanks to his mental breakdowns. Could be useless could be an absolute weapon in a big spain side. will be interesting to see how disciplined he can be.

That said the diving/ refeering/ epic drama of the league should have him fit like a glove

The fee is 75m which is the maximum we could get with his release clause, so we got the maximum value we could. Genius will never have a deflated value.

Dont let the facts get in the way though.

As long as he is played in his proper position (which is a doubt because of you know who) he will tear La Liga up, he is phenomenal player.

If by some happening Messi, Neymar, Suarez as a trio clicks (I am sure they will score lots of goals but whether they "click" is a different matter) it is beyond doubt the best strike force in world football.

Aye, Balgaue said on SSN it cost 63.5m give or take, no idea if it will rise with addons, I think he'll be worth every penny. Seen stats the other day he only scored 11 in 33 games in his first season for Liverpool in the league so he might take a season to adapt but he'll still be a class signing and now Liverpool can start spending their pennies