Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Question is how do you play messi suarez and neymar together

I'd guess at Suarez being the number 9 up top, Messi doing his usually roaming, he drops back as far as busquets half of the time to try and recieve the ball. As for Neymar he might have a role out wide like he did at times last season? Guess we'll just have to wait and see what Enrique has in mind when the league starts

Edit: Does anyone know a set date for la liga fixtures to be announced?

Edit again: Just read :

When the Spanish La Liga fixture list is announced:

The dates for the fixtures release varies from year to year, Real Madrid and FC Barclona have kind of monoply when it comes to La Liga schedule so the fixture list wont be out until both the big clubs have their say in the schedule and they find they try to get a perfect schedule for themselves. Last year fixtuers were announced around mid july and we can expect the same this year maybe in the first week of July

I'd guess at Suarez being the number 9 up top' date=' Messi doing his usually roaming, he drops back as far as busquets half of the time to try and recieve the ball. As for Neymar he might have a role out wide like he did at times last season? Guess we'll just have to wait and see what Enrique has in mind when the league starts

Edit: Does anyone know a set date for la liga fixtures to be announced?

Edit again: Just read :

When the Spanish La Liga fixture list is announced:

The dates for the fixtures release varies from year to year, Real Madrid and FC Barclona have kind of monoply when it comes to La Liga schedule so the fixture list wont be out until both the big clubs have their say in the schedule and they find they try to get a perfect schedule for themselves. Last year fixtuers were announced around mid july and we can expect the same this year maybe in the first week of July[/quote']

will prob be a 4 pronged attack Messi floating about with Suarez up to and Neymar and Pedro out wide?

TBh as said before its a nice problem to have but it wont be a nice problem if they don't click and Real get ahead then the fans will be on Enrique's back.

Certainly very attack minded

will prob be a 4 pronged attack Messi floating about with Suarez up to and Neymar and Pedro out wide?

TBh as said before its a nice problem to have but it wont be a nice problem if they don't click and Real get ahead then the fans will be on Enrique's back.

Certainly very attack minded

Yeah 4-2-3-1 With suarez up top? Loads of possibilities there was talk of pedro leaving earlier on in the summer? Guessing now with Alexis gone he's a cert to stay, be interesting to see who else they bring in, there's a few fair that has/will be leaving. Song wants out, Cesc/Alexis/Puyol/Valdes/Xavi gone, not sure what Alves' future is.

Anyway Suarez Neymar Messi against Benzema Bale and Ronaldo is going to be immense, I'll still be following Real hope they can lift it this year, cant see Atletico being as strong

Yeah 4-2-3-1 With suarez up top? Loads of possibilities there was talk of pedro leaving earlier on in the summer? Guessing now with Alexis gone he's a cert to stay' date=' be interesting to see who else they bring in, there's a few fair that has/will be leaving. Song wants out, Cesc/Alexis/Puyol/Valdes/Xavi gone, not sure what Alves' future is.

Anyway Suarez Neymar Messi against Benzema Bale and Ronaldo is going to be immense, I'll still be following Real hope they can lift it this year, cant see Atletico being as strong[/quote']

yes and to play 4-2-3-1 you need your 2 holding mids to be very displined be interesting to see who plays that role, infact will be interesting to see how they line up first match.

Yes i have a bit of a soft spot for Real myself, never rule Atletico out but can see it being a 2 horse race again!

Aye' date=' Balgaue said on SSN it cost 63.5m give or take, no idea if it will rise with addons, I think he'll be worth every penny. Seen stats the other day he only scored 11 in 33 games in his first season for Liverpool in the league so he might take a season to adapt but he'll still be a class signing and now Liverpool can start spending their pennies[/quote']

Dear oh dear another person who believes Balague :o

Sky Sports took there initial figure from him, then found out it was complete pony and if you watch the coverage you will see they have the transfer down as 75m just like every other reputable source, they subtlety changed it when they found out his information was duff.

If you want genuine information regarding Liverpool never listen to Guillem Balague, in fact on almost anything Dont listen to Guillem Balague :o

Suarez is a genius, play him in his rightful position and he will score at the very least 25+ in a season.

As it is I can almost say it is nigh on probable that Suarez and Neymar will start wide of a front three with Messi nominally the central striker if and when all three are fit and available.

Unbelievable that Barcelona haven't prioritised bringing in a CB or 2.

Believable when there mantra will be - we will score more than you

Id expect Enrique to blood young defenders. Seemed to work at Celta -Johnny, Costas , Mallo & Fontas

prehaps Bagnack could be tried, or new signing Diagne.

yes and to play 4-2-3-1 you need your 2 holding mids to be very displined be interesting to see who plays that role' date=' infact will be interesting to see how they line up first match.

Yes i have a bit of a soft spot for Real myself, never rule Atletico out but can see it being a 2 horse race again![/quote']

Guaranteed Busquests to be one, Iniesta has to fit in here surely doesnt he? Like you say will be interesting first few matches!

Guaranteed Busquests to be one' date=' Iniesta has to fit in here surely doesnt he? Like you say will be interesting first few matches![/quote']

also have Rakitic and hes not there to warm the bench! Interesting times at barca

Start of the season:

Bravo

Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba

Xavi-Busquets-Rakitic

Pedro-Messi-Iniesta

With everyone fit:

Bravo

Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic

Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Width as always from the fullbacks, with Busquets sitting deep with Pique & Mascherano. When Xavi plays he'll pretty much sit just ahead of Busquets, allowing Rakitic a bit more freedom. With the full squad Rakitic will more than likely sit centrally, allowing Iniesta the freedom.

Whichever front three plays it will be just pure interchange, will be incredibly hard to defend against.

With Enrique at the helm I'm expecting Bartra, Rafinha, Roberto, Gerard & Bagnack to start making a few more appearances than some people are thinking.

Start of the season:

Bravo

Xavi-Busquets-Rakitic

Pedro-Messi-Iniesta

With everyone fit:

Bravo

Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic

Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Width as always from the fullbacks' date=' with Busquets sitting deep with Pique & Mascherano. When Xavi plays he'll pretty much sit just ahead of Busquets, allowing Rakitic a bit more freedom. With the full squad Rakitic will more than likely sit centrally, allowing Iniesta the freedom.

Whichever front three plays it will be just pure interchange, will be incredibly hard to defend against.

With Enrique at the helm I'm expecting Bartra, Rafinha, Roberto, Gerard & Bagnack to start making a few more appearances than some people are thinking.[/quote']

Don't think your too far off there, I do expect them to sign a defender and that will be that, but agree i expect they Barca youth to get a good few minutes under their belts this season

Start of the season:

Bravo

Xavi-Busquets-Rakitic

Pedro-Messi-Iniesta

With everyone fit:

Bravo

Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic

Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Width as always from the fullbacks' date=' with Busquets sitting deep with Pique & Mascherano. When Xavi plays he'll pretty much sit just ahead of Busquets, allowing Rakitic a bit more freedom. With the full squad Rakitic will more than likely sit centrally, allowing Iniesta the freedom.

With Enrique at the helm I'm expecting Bartra, Rafinha, Roberto, Gerard & Bagnack to start making a few more appearances than some people are thinking.[/quote']

Bartra in, Mascherano to midfield and Scum out!

So' date=' FIFA will block any official unveiling of Suarez at Barca as it is deemed a football related activity (along with football charity events etc...).

But they allow him to get his dream move to Spain in a £75m transfer - which obviously isn't a football related activity?![/quote']

Thats FIFA for you, unpredictable and never think things through.

They only understand corruption.