Tom Erdenay

Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Atlético de Madrid

‏@Atleti

Oblak ya es rojiblanco. El portero esloveno firmará por seis temporadas: http://ow.ly/zdSpY #BienvenidoOblak

apparently Benfica fans aren't too happy toward Jan. He missed preseason training just to get a tranfer. On the other hand it is something to cheer for Atleti after losing Costa and Luis Filipe

Atlético did activate is clause, so there was nothing anyone can do about it, unless Oblak didn't want to go. But he's obvious a very greedy and unprofessional person, but so is SL Benfica, so all good.

Delighted with Kroos signing. Always been one of my fav players. But the other signings are unnecessary. J.Rodriguez for some reason gives me the vibe of a lazy player and there was no need of Navas when Lopez has done so well. Lopez is SUCH an underrated gk.

Apparently' date=' Monaco are on the verge of accepting a €70M offer from Real Madrid for the services of James Rodriguez.

Goodbye Isco? So much for being the "next best thing to come out of Spain".[/quote']

If Isco moves then he'll prove himself elsewhere no problems.

Apparently' date=' Monaco are on the verge of accepting a €70M offer from Real Madrid for the services of James Rodriguez.

Goodbye Isco? So much for being the "next best thing to come out of Spain".[/quote']

A little but of two and two makes seven from you there.

Aye ive just read this:

Real Madrid are closing in on a deal to bring World Cup golden boot winner James Rodriguez to the Bernabeu, according to Spanish paper AS.

The Madrid-based newspaper claims the Champions League winners have reached a verbal agreement with the player and now the club needs only to close the deal with Monaco, who are asking £63million (€80million) for the highly-rated Colombia forward.

Negotiations have not been straight forward, but Madrid hope to sell winger Angel Di Maria to Paris Saint-Germain this week for £47m (€60m) and that could speed up the deal.

Di Maria to PSG, quite surprised they'd want to sell Di Maria with his quality and the work rate he has, Barca/Real are going to have very different squads to last year come the start of next season

Despite James's quality and potential' date=' 70M is a ridiculously high fee. :o[/quote']

It's slightly off what they paid for Bale, which I'd say is about right. The whole market is utterly crazy now though.

Besides, Real will want the fee to be large. El Classico is just a willy waving competition of who has the most expensive squad.

It's slightly off what they paid for Bale' date=' which I'd say is about right. The whole market is utterly crazy now though.

Besides, Real will want the fee to be large. El Classico is just a willy waving competition of who has the most expensive squad.[/quote']

Like Bale's fee, this one is ridiculously high imo.

When he was at Porto, James enjoyed the city's night life fairly often, upsetting Porto's board.

The lad is super talented, but unless he's completely focused on football, he'll never live up to his price tag.

Is there anyone on here who would be kind enough to tell me a bit about Ivan Calero? Just signed for Derby from Atletico Madrid....

Atletico acadamy player who was a regular for the B team, can play in the middle of the park, as a winger & even as a false 9 type striker.

I haven't heard that much more about him but I'll be looking out for him when I go this season.

Can't believe he joined Real Madrid (he was one of my favorite players) suppose it's better than Barcelona but not by much. yuck

Well, he's a Latino, where else do you think he really wants to go? Atletico Madrid?

Barca and Real are the two clubs most culturally similar to that of his and his family's so why not?

What's going on with Xavi these days? Rumoured move to USA I read a while back..Any truth? Anyone shed any light?

For the moment it's only rumours, but I wouldn't be surprised if a deal of such sort was to materialise in this transfer window, with Rakitic coming in and Enrique having a good relationship with his younger crop.

Re: Respuesta: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

James Rodriguez' date=' in Madrid. He signed for the RM in the next few hours. [b']Great signing, but unnecessary.[/b]

Definitely not for his price.

He's got all the talent in the world, but let's not forget that he still is unproven, and therefore not worth the enormous risk Real is taking in signing him up.

Re: Respuesta: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

James Rodriguez' date=' in Madrid. He signed for the RM in the next few hours. Great signing, but unnecessary.[/quote']

Aren't his shirts already on sale? A mate said his number 10 shirts were already available?

Aren't his shirts already on sale? A mate said his number 10 shirts were already available?

Surely that's a final indication that Isco is set to leave then. What a shame, the lad has humungous talent and potential but hasn't really been given a fair chance at Madrid due to his 'competitors', if you could really call them that.

He'll be a great signing for whoever gets him.