Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Florentino Perez needs to take a pill. He just spending money every transfer window to show off Madrid can buy whether they need it or not. They are on verge to sell their most influential player last season in Di Maria and Isco who have similar potential at least with James. Illarramendi will follow the next season i reckon when Madrid buy the new next Xabi Alonso

Re: Respuesta: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

James Rodriguez' date=' in Madrid. He signed for the RM in the next few hours. Great signing, but unnecessary.[/quote']

Big gamble to bring him in on that fee, is that fee is correct.

They had Isco there who could of filled the void if it even needed filling.

Can't wait to see how he turns out, not saying he isn't a talented player but a signing they didn't really need.

This is really a RM Castilla signing' date=' but Finnish forward Eero Markkanen is joining them :D[/quote']

Markkanen's transfer to Real Madrid has been finalized for 2.2 million euros :eek:

That's a lot for a Finnish player!

EDIT: Apparently he still needs to do a medical.

Bojan to Stoke... Big hearty lols aplenty when you think how all of Barca's 'next superstar' whizzkids ended up:

Bojan - future 30+ goals a season (back in the heady days of the mid 00's), scored almost 1000 youth goals only to get it up him on a windy Monday at Stoke

Giovanni Dos Santos - Couldn't hack it at Ipswich, doing well for Villarreal

Thiago Alcantara - not considered good enough for the long term Barca plans, ripping it up at Bayern as Cesc departs and Xavi prepares to put on his slippers

Romeu - Somewhere in footballing limbo, just got a nice juicy pay rise to ride the pine/get loaned for the next three years

Deulofeu - hopefully finds himself in a similar situation to Thiago when he gets fed up of being pushed down the pecking order by another megabucks signing

Of course if they come good they'll get mobbed by a hoard of Barca players and do a Cesc/Pique.

He so versatile can play anywhere on the park' date=' that's most probably reflected in the price, sit him on the bench and he can cover numerous scenarios[/quote']

A bit like Adriano? Who is arguably already better than him? :o

I think using Adriano as a CB is a bad option, thats why they bought Mathieu so now theyve 4 CBs. I personally think theyve had an absolute mare buying him for 16m though. Shouldve just bought someone like Hummels or Benatia as a solid CB to go next to Pique/Mascherano.

I think using Adriano as a CB is a bad option' date=' thats why they bought Mathieu so now theyve 4 CBs. I personally think theyve had an absolute mare buying him for 16m though. Shouldve just bought someone like Hummels or Benatia as a solid CB to go next to Pique/Mascherano.[/quote']

I second this, especially considering that Hummels is actually available for €20M too. Lol.

But €16M for a 30-year old with not a great track record to be brutally honest is nothing short of a nightmare.

Markkanen signing is complete! :)

Last post on this topic I promise. We never see Finns in big clubs though so I can't contain my excitement :D

Asked how Zidane became aware of Markkanen' date=' an AIK staff member told Reuters: "No-one knows. Apparently Zidane went to the sporting director of Madrid with a DVD of Eero and said 'I want this guy'."[/quote']