Tom Erdenay

Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

I read he'd come from a Russian club' date=' no? Can't see him on the DB though.[/quote']

He didnt join Barca the soccer club, he joined Barca the Futsal club.

Came from Tyumen, A Russian Premier futsal team.

;2962318']He didnt join Barca the soccer club' date=' he joined Barca the Futsal club.

Came from Tyumen, A Russian Premier futsal team.[/quote']

Ahhhhhhhh, poor media stuff in the UK papers then.

The Spanish Football League (LFP) president has insisted that Barcelona will no longer be able to compete in La Liga if Catalunya gets independence.

How funny would that be

No it wouldnt, it would trigger the beginning of the end for domestic club football.

Barca will force a breakaway league and ask all the other top sides to join them with the lure of massive lucrative tv and sponsorship deals.

The Spanish Football League (LFP) president has insisted that Barcelona will no longer be able to compete in La Liga if Catalunya gets independence.

How funny would that be

They'll probably form some grant in the same way that Monaco is able to compete in the Ligue 1. Otherwise the league will be completely destroyed.

How funny would that be

It'd be awful but it's a moot point. No way are the Spanish government going to let it go.

;2962898']No it wouldnt' date=' it would trigger the beginning of the end for domestic club football.

Barca will force a breakaway league and ask all the other top sides to join them with the lure of massive lucrative tv and sponsorship deals.[/quote']

Yeah JMH that was my thoughts exactly, the breakaway leagues have been threatened to happen before a few years ago, this would be the catalyst for the start of the end of Domestic football leagues as we know them, with all the top clubs being poached for a new look European league.

I think it is just a scare tactic from the Spain government though as they are starting to fear that independence for Catalonia is a real possibility, us here in Scotland are witnessing first hand the scare tactics of the Government(British) trying to scare the people of Scotland off independence.

Could I get some opinions on Musacchio? I don't really watch Spanish football anymore so only seen him a handful of times in the last couple of years.

Is £15m a fair transfer fee?

Definitely not the player he was a couple of years back, but he's on the rise again. £15M is still too risky though in my opinion.

Navas deal confirmed as completed for Real and Ronaldo's came out and said he wont rule out a move back to United' date=' interesting[/quote']

He says the same thing every season, or the papers do, one or another it's getting old now.

Ronaldo's came out and said he wont rule out a move back to United' date=' interesting[/quote']

There might be a day when Real no longer needs Ronaldo like they do now (say when he's older) so it could happen. The younger Ronaldo would never come back to England but he's matured a lot and probably appreciates his time in England a lot more now than before. I mean after all, he was nurtured from a little kid to a superstar there.

Hey could anyone tell me anything about Omar Mascarell from Real Madrid? Just signed on a season long loan for Derby just wondering if anyone knows much about him?