Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

A five-year deal for Vermaelen? The Barca physios must be delighted with that kind of job security.

He's obviously past his medical and been given the all clear. In saying that I think it could be possible that he has put his injures behind him' date=' of course they can come back.

Barcelona have obviously seen the good in him and have come to the conclusion that he is worthy of a long contract and are most likely praying he can stay fit and injury free[/color']

Shock horror' date=' Suarez has been let off even more. He can now train with Barca, despite the fact that his original punishment should have been bigger. He's conveniently back for the El Classico too.

Inevitable.[/quote']

Yeh but he was always back for El Classico :confused::confused:

I don't really see what the anger is about the four month ban has been upheld, it was miles to much to say he can't even train which was just plain stupid, can't really see what your gripe is to be fair Ben??

The original punishment should never have been more either but I don't wanna go down that road again, so Il let that bit pass :)

Yeh but he was always back for El Classico :confused::confused:

I don't really see what the anger is about the four month ban has been upheld' date=' it was miles to much to say he can't even train which was just plain stupid, can't really see what your gripe is to be fair Ben??

The original punishment should never have been more either but I don't wanna go down that road again, so Il let that bit pass :)[/quote']

It doesn't affect me Ray, and in all honesty I'm not that arsed, but I just think it's a bit silly to punish Suarez and then 'reduce' his punishment when he's done nothing to amend his problems. Saying sorry doesn't really do much other than be apologetic in this case.

Let's be honest, the four month ban isn't actually a four month ban. The only things making it that in the slightest were him not being able to train with his team mates and enter any stadium, but half of that is gone now. It's more like a two month ban, which isn't much different to his previous punishments. I just think it's a bit of a cop out, but it's not the first time that the heads of football have messed up and it won't be the last.

The El Classico thing was just me saying that it was typical really. He'll probably score the winner.

I think the ruling was fair to let Suarez train with the team but keep the ban as it is. Keeping him away from the team in all aspects was a bit to much.

I think he has surly learned from his 3rd bite, and can't see him doing anything like this again.

I think the ruling was fair to let Suarez train with the team but keep the ban as it is. Keeping him away from the team in all aspects was a bit to much.

I think he has surly learned from his 3rd bite' date=' and can't see him doing anything like this again.[/b']

Ahh, he'll probably start doing something else, like pinching.

The guy's a complete spastic, and gifted or not gifted, that needs to be treated.

Rumours going that Reus has signed for Atletico Madrid for €30 million. Surely they aren't true' date=' plenty of other clubs would be happy to pay more than that for him.

Question is if it is true will Raz move onto his third team and start supporting Atletico :P[/quote']

Why would they pay more than is release clause that should be around that number, at least its what people is being presuming.

Why would they pay more than is release clause that should be around that number' date=' at least its what people is being presuming.[/quote']

That release clause doesn't come into play until next season, hence why Dortmund have been trying to get him to sign a new contract.

Rumours going that Reus has signed for Atletico Madrid for €30 million. Surely they aren't true' date=' plenty of other clubs would be happy to pay more than that for him.

Question is if it is true will Raz move onto his third team and start supporting Atletico :P[/quote']

Lol

New contributor to the Spanish thread,Dortmund football shirts going on eBay!

Why on earth would Reus trade the 2nd best German club for the 3rd best Spanish one? :confused:

Plus they bought Griezmann , not saying he's better than Reus but why sign him and Reus plus I strongly doubt there's anything in this at all.

Plus they bought Griezmann ' date=' not saying he's better than Reus but why sign him and Reus plus I strongly doubt there's anything in this at all.[/quote']

Of course there isn't, mate.

And Atleti also have Turan - Reus is better than either Griezmann or Turan, but it's like you said. If they were interested in Reus, why would they buy Griezmann in the 1st place?

Reus leaving BvB for Atleti just doesn't make sense to me.