Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

I ain't sure mate' date=' but Real Sociedad have the 5th or 6th highest budget in La Liga, if I'm not mistaken.[/quote']

Yeah but none of the teams outside of top two really get their fair share of TV money so my assumption is their budget is closer to 50% of Everton's or something.

I believe it's a bit more than 3/4 of Everton's budget.

I checked around at the websites for a bit, and while numbers are from a seasons back, Everton's total expenditures were around 90m, while Sociedad wasn't in the top-5 for Spain (all that the website showed). 5th for Spain on that list was Malaga at 82m. Obviously times have changed but if we use that as a benchmark, we can assume Sociedad would be anything between 50-80m?

I checked around at the websites for a bit' date=' and while numbers are from a seasons back, Everton's total expenditures were around 90m, while Sociedad wasn't in the top-5 for Spain (all that the website showed). 5th for Spain on that list was Malaga at 82m. Obviously times have changed but if we use that as a benchmark, we can assume Sociedad would be anything between 50-80m?[/quote']

I just checked transfermarkt.

I can't see the budget, but Sociedad are definitely the 5th or 6th most powerful Spanish club (economically speaking). ;)

Yeah, Málaga had an investor, but he left the club's finances pretty much in ruins. I think Valencia's situation is basically opposite to Málaga's. They were in quite a rough financial shape, but I believe an investor took over the club recently.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/primera-division/startseite/wettbewerb/ES1

I just checked transfermarkt.

I can't see the budget' date=' but Sociedad are definitely the 5th or 6th most powerful Spanish club (economically speaking). ;)

Yeah, Málaga had an investor, but he left the club's finances pretty much in ruins. I think Valencia's situation is basically opposite to Málaga's. They were in quite a rough financial shape, but I believe an investor took over the club recently.

[url']http://www.transfermarkt.com/primera-division/startseite/wettbewerb/ES1[/url]

Yeah, these numbers were from a few years back when Malaga was still healthy. So I'm assuming that both clubs' budget have grown at similar rates, which if it holds true, would mean we could guess that Sociedad's budget is roughly around 65%, maybe 75% of Everton's budget?

Yeah' date=' these numbers were from a few years back when Malaga was still healthy. So I'm assuming that both clubs' budget have grown at similar rates, which if it holds true, would mean we could guess that Sociedad's budget is roughly around 65%, maybe 75% of Everton's budget?[/quote']

Yes mate, I'd assume so. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So it seems Valencia have decided to change their logo and not get into a dispute with DC Comics over the similarity of the Batman logo.

Surprised :eek:

this is stupid...

This is basically like saying that, since DC owns Batman, everything that is associated with Bats is to be considered copyright infringment... its just stupid.

Not once did i think of batman when seeing the Valencia Logo...

What is the world coming to...

this is stupid...

This is basically like saying that' date=' since DC owns Batman, everything that is associated with Bats is to be considered copyright infringment... its just stupid.

What is the world coming to...[/quote']

Me either but to be perfectly honest I never really even noticed a bat on the logo until this case was brought up but i've always considered it to look quite a good crest and use it on fifa and maybe that's because it is similar to the batman one. However as you say just completely stupid...

So it seems Valencia have decided to change their logo and not get into a dispute with DC Comics over the similarity of the Batman logo.

Surprised :eek:

Lol what? It looked like a Bacardi logo if anything but Batman?? Let's see some consistency then and DC challenging Bacardi too?

this is stupid...

This is basically like saying that' date=' since DC owns Batman, everything that is associated with Bats is to be considered copyright infringment... its just stupid.

Totally agree, pathetic stuff!

this is stupid...

Id wager Valencias Football club has been around longer than D.C? not sure about the logo, it must be new otherwise surely thed=yd just say, bro we had it first?

• 2 weeks later...