Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Barcelona won 3-0, Messi, Iniesta and Villa with the goals.

Real Madrid v Mallorca is currently 0-0 as they approach half-time. According to Skysports Madrid have lined up 4-4-2 with Carvalho, Canales and Di Maria making their debuts. Khedira, Leon and Ozil are on the bench.

Im not sure if this is the place to ask but what is the likelihood of Adriano of Barca getting a starting place and also keeping his current rating? Is he more likely to drop?

He was bought pretty much because of his versatility, he can play RB,LB,RM,LM and AM if needed. I don't think he will be a starter as i rate Maxwell more than him and even Abidal.

Im not sure if this is the place to ask but what is the likelihood of Adriano of Barca getting a starting place and also keeping his current rating? Is he more likely to drop?

As it was in the 1st thread, this is not really about ratings. I would expect Adriano to be a cover if injuries happens and maybe get an odd start.

Also, sorry for not reviewing round 1, but a lot of things have happened and I just wasn't able to log into SM. If I'll somehow manage to get some time, I'll still write it, but it's rather unlikely.

As it was in the 1st thread' date=' this is not really about ratings. I would expect Adriano to be a cover if injuries happens and maybe get an odd start.

Also, sorry for not reviewing round 1, but a lot of things have happened and I just wasn't able to log into SM. If I'll somehow manage to get some time, I'll still write it, but it's rather unlikely.[/quote']

Ok sorry. I didnt check the first page but in future ill look to do that. Thanks you two. :)

Guest Scout Maker

Watched three La Liga games at the weekend...

The first being Barca V Santander.

It was a decent match, the second half was lively and the Messi goal on two minutes set the tempo for the match. Santander looked decent and missed a few good chances including a penalty which was saved superbly by Valdes. It was good to see Villa get a goal aswell after having one ruled out just before Half-Time for offside.

The second being Real Madrid V Mallorca

Lively match, can't believe it stayed 0-0, both teams had chances but Madrid probably had more. Ronaldo or Canales for MOTM, Madrid didn't really gel but it's the first game of the season and with time the players will adapt.

The Third being Athletico Madrid V Sporting Gijon

The best match of the three, the result seems one sided but it was actually quite a close game, Sporting were probably the better team in the first half but when Athletico got going Sporting just had to stand there and watch, wonderful goals from Jurado and Simao.

So Jurado got sold to Schalke during the last day of the transfer-window. Now this reminds me of the Heitinga to Everton deal on the last day of the transfer-window last season. I mean, Jurado has had an important place for Atl.Madrid and was perhaps the best player during the pre-season, and now suddenly, without a replacement for him, he was sold in the final hours. That same thing happened to Heitinga last season, and we all saw how the defence fell apart during the season, as there wasn't enough depth, and quite frankly, the defence was cr@p, and Atletico should be luckly that they had a certain Soto Dominguez who stepped up on the highest scene very quickly and replaced Heitinga, beacuse otherwise, I don't even know where Atl.Madrid would be playing this season (in La Liga or the Segunda). Now I reckon the same will happen to the attack. I mean, the attack has certainly bigger and better names there (thinking on Forlan, Agüero, Simao and Reyes), but Jurado had such an important role there and without a replacement for him, the attack could suffer big time for this. Hopefully it'll go well for both Atl.Madrid and Jurado (big fan of his).

^ Makes you wonder why they loaned out Salvio' date=' right Pazz? I know him and Jurado aren't the same type of player but Salvio would have definitely made an impact this season now that Jurado has left.[/quote']

Was thinking about that as well, found it very weird that they sold Jurado tbh.. to say that he was important for them last season is an understatement.

So Jurado got sold to Schalke during the last day of the transfer-window. Now this reminds me of the Heitinga to Everton deal on the last day of the transfer-window last season. I mean' date=' Jurado has had an important place for Atl.Madrid and was perhaps the best player during the pre-season, and now suddenly, without a replacement for him, he was sold in the final hours. That same thing happened to Heitinga last season, and we all saw how the defence fell apart during the season, as there wasn't enough depth, and quite frankly, the defence was cr@p, and Atletico should be luckly that they had a certain Soto Dominguez who stepped up on the highest scene very quickly and replaced Heitinga, beacuse otherwise, I don't even know where Atl.Madrid would be playing this season (in La Liga or the Segunda). Now I reckon the same will happen to the attack. I mean, the attack has certainly bigger and better names there (thinking on Forlan, Agüero, Simao and Reyes), but Jurado had such an important role there and without a replacement for him, the attack could suffer big time for this. Hopefully it'll go well for both Atl.Madrid and Jurado (big fan of his).[/quote']

This is what Atletico Madrid seem to do,they spend around 30-40 Million euros and then at the end they need to recoup some money so make a panic sell without thinking of the long term consequences of the decision,for sure Jurado wasn't a huge player but he was a good player and they should have bought a replacement in for him beforehand.

^ Makes you wonder why they loaned out Salvio' date=' right Pazz? I know him and Jurado aren't the same type of player but Salvio would have definitely made an impact this season now that Jurado has left.[/quote']

Yeah, exactly... The Atl.Madrid board (I heard that this was all the boards decision and Quique Sanchez Flores had nothing to say about this) is quite a funny (in a stupid way that is) board, but it's nothing compared to Benfica's board, who paid 3M € for a season long loan of Salvio without baking in a buy-out-option.

@Pazzano: I don't think he's too good as you're saying.

He was not even a strict regular like Aguero or even Ujfalusi.

Good sell imo' date=' the only problem is that they need an AM (probably Diego Costa)[/quote']

He has been used muchly under the pre-season, and was by far one of the best player and mostly used player in the pre-season, so surely he had a big role coming-up this season at Atl Madrid. Ujaflusi was just a regular beacuse the defence is full of cr@p players, and the competition for the starting spots is much tougher at the attacking area than the defensive area, and last season, whenever Jurado got the chance to start, he was always a stood-out IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

and that's what happens when u think ur untouchable :)

Nope' date=' that's what you get if you get rid of Ibra. Talking about Ibra, according to Guardiola's comments on him, it looks like he still has a future at Barcelona:

Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola has tried to put an end to his row with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The new Milan signing has criticised his former coach at Barcelona, claiming the two had not spoken in months and pejoratively dubbing his former coach "the philosopher."

"I wish I was a philosopher, although by the tone in which he said it I know he didn't mean it (as a compliment)," Guardiola said at a press conference.

Nevertheless, Guardiola claims he is happy with Ibra's contribution in his time at the club.

"I am grateful for his hard work and his help in winning the five titles (Primera Division, World Club Cup, back-to-back Supercopas and the European Super Cup) - I don't know if we would have done it without him," he said.

"I understand, by what he has been saying and what his official spokesperson has said, that they were not happy working with me," he added.

"But I was happy with them and I learnt a lot from him."

Despite the prickly nature of Ibrahimovic' departure and the barbed criticism he has been forced to endure from his former player, Guardiola wishes the striker well in Milan.

"I hope he finds his place at Milan. I hope he can win the league and get to the semi-finals of the Champions League for the second time," he said.

Ibra seriously needs to get rid of Mino Raiola. He's an idoit, he can't keep his mouth shut and his mouth could wreck his career.

Nope' date=' that's what you get if you get rid of Ibra. Talking about Ibra, according to Guardiola's comments on him, it looks like he still has a future at Barcelona:

I[/quote']

Ibra was never Ibracadabra at barca.. I's a case of overconfidence..

Barca thought it would be a walkover.. oh how they must be regretting that

Ibra seriously needs to get rid of Mino Raiola. He's an idoit' date=' he can't keep his mouth shut and his mouth could wreck his career.[/quote']

Why? Raiola is a G! He said exactly what I was thinking: Guardiola needs to go to a psychothrist (I know, spelling). I mean, who trades Eto'o + 40M € for Ibra, and then suddenly stops to talk to the player he spended loads of cash on? Guardiola was also that desperate that he was willing to let Zlatan go for 'only'' 25M € after a year at Barca. I really, really, dislike Guardiola.

Why? Raiola is a G! He said exactly what I was thinking: Guardiola needs to go to a psychothrist (I know' date=' spelling). I mean, who trades Eto'o + 40M € for Ibra, and then suddenly stops to talk to the player he spended loads of cash on? Guardiola was also that desperate that he was willing to let Zlatan go for 'only'' 25M € after a year at Barca. I really, really, dislike Guardiola.[/quote']

All he did was take Rijkaards team, sell two of the best players and then splurge