Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

As a football fan what does that mean Rahul isn't? Football is about creativity and how anyone can find it arrogant and unprofessional is beyond me it's no different from doing a rabonna in the sense at first people though that was unfair, then there's the slow step before the penalty I have more problem with that than anything but I still say why not considering keepers move off the line way to much in some cases.

Stop the press, I actually agree with something you have said!!!

Heard so many people jump on the disrespectful bandwagon, why is it?! 

They have tried something that is a bit more creative than put your laces through the ball, they are still trying to score no matter how they take the penalty.

People will be saying that scoring more than 4 goals past an opponent is disrespectful soon!

Oi leave Shola the mackem slayer well alone. He would still do a job up front for ourlacklustre and shot shy forward line.

Haha sorry pal but I was not the most impressed with him when he was on loan at Stoke LOL

Don't understand it with Newcastle, you should have a quality forward line with plenty of goals in Mitrovic, Perez and now Doumbia.

As a football fan what does that mean Rahul isn't? Football is about creativity and how anyone can find it arrogant and unprofessional is beyond me it's no different from doing a rabonna in the sense at first people though that was unfair, then there's the slow step before the penalty I have more problem with that than anything but I still say why not considering keepers move off the line way to much in some cases.

Never meant it to read as Rahul isnt. It was meant as in in a pure footballing sense or wahtever. It is unprofessional and arrogant. That is my opinion.  If that was an important and/or close game there is no way on earth that penalty happens. It was done like that because they did not need to respect their opponents. It is like when people (rarely) get down an the goal line and head teh ball into an open goal. Its straight up rude. amusing, but rude. There should be no debating legality i cant see how it is against the rules it just doesnt sit with me. Fair play if you can pull it off, and fair play if you are so comfortable you can try that, But if that misses, I would expect to see wages docked etc. Long winded explanation but basically i found it distasteful, creative sure, but distasteful.

Never meant it to read as Rahul isnt. It was meant as in in a pure footballing sense or wahtever. It is unprofessional and arrogant. That is my opinion.  If that was an important and/or close game there is no way on earth that penalty happens. It was done like that because they did not need to respect their opponents. It is like when people (rarely) get down an the goal line and head teh ball into an open goal. Its straight up rude. amusing, but rude. There should be no debating legality i cant see how it is against the rules it just doesnt sit with me. Fair play if you can pull it off, and fair play if you are so comfortable you can try that, But if that misses, I would expect to see wages docked etc. Long winded explanation but basically i found it distasteful, creative sure, but distasteful.

Makes no sense.

If they put their laces through the ball and miss should they get docked wages?

The way they took the penalty actually gives them a better a chance at scoring, In theory if a game is 0-0 then any team should try and take a penalty in a similar manor to maximise there goal scoring opportunity. The reason the don't is because if they miss they would be a laughing stock, similar to Pires and Henry!

I dunno if there are stastics published anywhere on most effective way to take a pen (i.e stutter, dink, normal etc) but even if there is i doubt there is data for that type. That being said i find it very hard to believe it gives a better chance. But without it being tried hundreds of time there really is no way to have fact or fiction on that point. Id like to think the risk is much higher for failure though, given adding more complexity to anything always exponentially increases difficulty.

Missing any pen is always embarrasing ofc. But I guess taking a normal one and scoring is great, and if you score via this method great (plus youtube vids) but if you miss a pen normally it sucks but it happens and you are forgiven unless it happens next week, Miss doing this and you really are gonna get slammed.

I dunno if there are stastics published anywhere on most effective way to take a pen (i.e stutter, dink, normal etc) but even if there is i doubt there is data for that type. That being said i find it very hard to believe it gives a better chance. But without it being tried hundreds of time there really is no way to have fact or fiction on that point. Id like to think the risk is much higher for failure though, given adding more complexity to anything always exponentially increases difficulty.

Missing any pen is always embarrasing ofc. But I guess taking a normal one and scoring is great, and if you score via this method great (plus youtube vids) but if you miss a pen normally it sucks but it happens and you are forgiven unless it happens next week, Miss doing this and you really are gonna get slammed.

It is easier, as soon as the ball turns one revolution it is in open play. You can do what you want within the laws of open play then.

Suarez scores from closer than the penalty spot and has freedom to move the ball/take another touch if he wants.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, S04 said:

It's probably a good article but it's to long mate for me anyway I got to the 3rd paragraph and got bored. I have read your articles on OTB as well good keep up the good work.

Oh sorry for that, I generally tend to write longer articles. Short articles don't do me justice. Sorry if it was too long-winded.

Thanks though! :)

5 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Oh sorry for that, I generally tend to write longer articles. Short articles don't do me justice. Sorry if it was too long-winded.

Thanks though! :)

I wasn't bored by what you wrote just the length and more so it was about my pet hate Barcelona but from what I read it was good. :)

• 3 months later...