Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

He has scored more freekick goals then Messi' date=' most RM freekick are taken by him unlike Messi who takes it once in a while, if Messi had taken as many free kick as Ronaldo I doubt he would score more than him :rolleyes:[/quote']

Why not? Messi's conversion rate is better so extrapolating, you'd expect him to score more.

Why not? Messi's conversion rate is better so extrapolating' date=' you'd expect him to score more.[/quote']

Just because he has a better conversion rate does't make him a better freekick taker, a person takes 40 freekick and scores 10 is not a better free kick taker than someone who has aken 400 and scored 96, you can't expect him to score more, there are lots of factors to be taken

I don't. I'm just saying that Messi could do what he did and I used a video as evidence :)

Messi lacks power when taking freekicks, he relies more on accuracy and precision, the freekicks Ronaldo takes rely more on power and an amazing dipping effect which Frodo doesn' have, Ronaldo is versatile when coming against freekicks, if Messi had to do freekicks from 30-40 yards out he would fail purely because you can't beat a goalkeeper from that distance with just accuracy you need power which Messi lacks ;)

Messi takes specific freekicks while Ronaldo is more versatile and has more variation, I genuinely would like to see Messi try his luck more with set pieces, no harm in missing if you can create some beauties like he has done ;)

Messi lacks power when taking freekicks' date=' he relies more on accuracy and precision, the freekicks Ronaldo takes rely more on power and an amazing dipping effect which Frodo doesn' have, Ronaldo is versatile when coming against freekicks, if Messi had to do freekicks from 30-40 yards out he would fail purely because you can't beat a goalkeeper from that distance with just accuracy you need power which Messi lacks ;)[/quote']

Ronaldo scores in maybe 1 in 20 of those 40 yard free-kicks and I bet Barca score from more by not taking stupid shots, keeping possession and fashioning a better opportunity.

What Messi slips and still does a more useful free kick then ronaldo?

What are you on about, if it was more useful they would have scored, even if Ronaldo has missed that it wouldn't have made Messi's freekick better as both wouldn't have scored :P

Ronaldo scores in maybe 1 in 20 of those 40 yard free-kicks and I bet Barca score from more by not taking stupid shots' date=' keeping possession and fashioning a better opportunity.[/quote']

That is why they are 4 points behind Madrid ;)

Bolded bit - give us some proof then I'll believe you B)

That is why they are 4 points behind Madrid ;)

Bolded bit - give us some proof then I'll believe you B)

Ronaldo has a 4% Scoring Ratio on his free-kicks' date=' Only scored one this season.

[YOUTUBE']WNF0Rk9mrqA[/YOUTUBE]

And most of these were just at United, he's free-kicks have been worse since going to Madrid.

I couldn't find the other video which averaged his free-kick goals as 1 in 48