Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

barcelona defence and keeper are poor

What has messi done in the last 2 games?

Ronaldo 139 in 139 games

The most ridiculous comment of the year...Valdes is poor for 1 game?Everybody have bad times...Neuer is considered 2nd GK in the world but if we take just his first half of season would be one of the worst ...

defence?How can Barcelona defence be poor?Dani Alves,Puyol...these guy are the best in the world in their position.

and now u come to me and saying Ronaldo>Messi because Messi had 2 bad games?Congra Sherlock!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Tbh I agree with TalentSearcher,not about defence thing,I am talking about Valdes,he is decent,but a little bit overrated IMO,first goal was his fault,in first game versus Real he also made a mistake..

Btw this result is Guardiolas fault.

Ronaldo 139 in 139 games

In the last two games? Right, so you just pick two games in which he hasn't done much, over a season in which Messi has scored more goals than Ronaldo in all competitions.

Impressive. It's just a shame that he hasn't got anything to show for it. It's the same with Messi.... oh wait :)

The most ridiculous comment of the year...Valdes is poor for 1 game?Everybody have bad times...Neuer is considered 2nd GK in the world but if we take just his first half of season would be one of the worst ...

defence?How can Barcelona defence be poor?Dani Alves' date='Puyol...these guy are the best in the world in their position.[/quote']

Valdes is so great Reina beats him to spain number 2

Dani Alves is mostly in the opponent half

Puyol is slow and against fast players he is done for

Pique is injury prone and slow plus makes mistakes

Adraino isnt that great

So the team that's dominated Spain' date=' Europe and the world for 2/3 years is overrated? Riiiiight.

Real were better tonight. Barca's defence let them down and Valdes didn't play well. They miss Villa too; a few times when Messi was running at the Madrid defence you just wanted him to have that guy ahead of him to play in or take a one two off.[/quote']

As Toonarfanforlife said Pep has ruined the side with the tactical changes he has implemented, they are not the same team they were and to be beaten at home by Real Madrid is just not on. The 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 he is playing was never going to be good enough to beat a team with masses of quality like Real Madrid, they looked like scoring every single time they broke on the counter.

Tbh I agree with TalentSearcher' date='not about defence thing,I am talking about Valdes,he is decent,but a little bit overrated IMO,first goal was his fault,in first game versus Real he also made a mistake..

Btw this result is Guardiolas fault.[/quote']

Seems like ppl are killing Valdes for 1 mistake in 1 game and taking another mistake from months/years.

Then WTH are people considering Neuer the 2nd best GK in the world for..?Overall he had an awful season and now ure coming to me and saying Valdes is overrated for 1 mistake?

No offence to you guys but...Valdes is quality :)

Guest Scout Maker

Ronaldo 139 in 139 games

Oh no not the last two games, boo flipping hoo, RVP has only scored 1 in 6, I guess he's not deserved of the PL Player of the Year...

Honestly, and how did I know it was going to be you on here after the game gloating that the team you allegedly don't support won. If Barca had won the game you would have left like you have so many times before and then decide to come back when something goes Madrid's/Ronaldo's way.

Ronaldo 139 in 139 games

Messi was Barca's best player in the last 2 games... He should have had at least one assist tonight.

Messi has 155 in his last 139 for Barca but that's OK; keep hating :)

So the team that's dominated Spain' date=' Europe and the world for 2/3 years is overrated? Riiiiight.

Real were better tonight. Barca's defence let them down and Valdes didn't play well. They miss Villa too; a few times when Messi was running at the Madrid defence you just wanted him to have that guy ahead of him to play in or take a one two off.[/quote']

I can't understand what difference Villa would have made tonight Stuart,if they played him as an out and out striker then that's fine,however they never have done which is a shame really,they looked a lot better when they played Alexis Sanchez through the middle who isn't even a striker.

Think they need to buy someone like Van Persie in the summer to be honest,great at link up play and also an out and out striker which Barca lack,currently it feels like if you stop Messi from scoring you stop Barca scoring,admittidely stopping Messi is far from easy,but with Real Madrid it's a case of if Ronaldo doesn't score than someone like Benzema,Di Maria,Higuain,Ozil can step up to the plate.

Barca have gone from been streets ahead to all opposition to less than a year later there arch rivals going to the Nou Camp and winning quite comfortably if truth be told.

In the last two games? Right' date=' so you just pick two games in which he hasn't done much, over a season in which Messi has scored more goals than Ronaldo in all competitions.

Impressive. It's just a shame that he hasn't got anything to show for it. It's the same with Messi.... oh wait :)[/quote']

Its a team game to win trophies

What has Messi done in the last 3 el clasico - 0 goals

Ronaldo the best in the world

Seems like ppl are killing Valdes for 1 mistake in 1 game and taking another mistake from months/years.

Then WTH are people considering Neuer the 2nd best GK in the world for..?Overall he had an awful season and now ure coming to me and saying Valdes is overrated for 1 mistake?

No offence to you guys but...Valdes is quality :)

I am watching almost every Barca game,and to be honest he is great in one game and in second he does something stupid.

Sometimes he is uncertain..

He is quality,but I think that keepers like Cassilas are x5 times better or Buffon or Hart.. (Hart - if we look this season).

Adraino isnt that great

Puyol at 34 isnt really slow...he's the best CB in the world after Vidic.

Dani Alves know to defend too.

I didnt said Adriano is great but he's good.....Mascherano is replacing pique most of times and is doing good in defence..

IDK who's Number 2 atm because doesnt matter as Casillias is always playing ahead both...so I belive Valdes became number 2 from years but both will never play because of Casillias and..Reina is a great GK...

You're the new Scooby-doo :o.CONGRA!

Messi was Barca's best player in the last 2 games... He should have had at least one assist tonight.

Messi has 155 in his last 139 for Barca but that's OK; keep hating :)

Messi with 8 years with basically the same players and i dont think your stats are right

Ronaldo with a changed squad some weeks doing that

So childish..tell me what Ronaldo did before in 5 el clasico?Nothing...dont make me to remind Messi goal when he did everything he wanted with RM defence..poor defence :o

I am watching almost every Barca game' date='and to be honest he is great in one game and in second he does something stupid.

Sometimes he is uncertain..

He is quality,but I think that keepers like Cassilas are x5 times better or Buffon or Hart.. (Hart - if we look this season).[/quote']

Hart is probably the 2nd GK in the world atm..he's absolutely phenoemanl but not talking about this in La Liga thread.

Agree Casillias is better then him but Valdes is quality aswell....I can say he had a better season then Neuer(overall) so...

Why do you keep mentioning certain games like they make up an entire years worth of football? You do know Messi has scored 155 goals in his last 139 games don't you? :rolleyes:

Okay then' date=' so what's he won [b']on his own[/b] to have that crown? The ballon d'or? I heard specsavers are doing 2 for 1 offers on glasses mate. Maybe you might want to get your Ronaldo tinted glasses exchanged :)

In fact, here's a link. Go mad! http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Guest Scout Maker

Adraino isnt that great

God, when do you actually watch Barca? In the Champions League and against your club Madrid? Other than that you just rely on what you see from the result "Oh Messi hasn't scored today, what a poor performance, CR7 is the best"...:rolleyes:

Also funny how you thought you had got one over everyone when you said "Ronaldo 139 in 139 games" and then you change the subject after Stuart points out Messi has 155 in the same amount of games.

I can't understand what difference Villa would have made tonight Stuart' date='if they played him as an out and out striker then that's fine,however they never have done which is a shame really,they looked a lot better when they played Alexis Sanchez through the middle who isn't even a striker.[/quote']

Their front line looked like '>'. Messi was playing very very deep (which is fine) but he had no outlet to bounce the ball off as Tello and Dani Alves were hugging their wings and Arbeloa (my MoM with Ozil) and Coentrao could cut out the long passes easily. Villa would have been better as an out and out striker but even on the left, he'd have tended to drift in and link up more with Messi. Plus Villa has the ability to pull something out of nowhere which Tello didn't look like having.

Think they need to buy someone like Van Persie in the summer to be honest' date='great at link up play and also an out and out striker which Barca lack,currently it feels like if you stop Messi from scoring you stop Barca scoring,admittidely stopping Messi is far from easy,but with Real Madrid it's a case of if Ronaldo doesn't score than someone like Benzema,Di Maria,Higuain,Ozil can step up to the plate.[/quote']

Villa can play that role fine (when his leg's not broken). It's what he did at Valencia and he was superb there. I think Messi was picking up some of the Barca midfield's slack tonight. It was uncharacteristically wasteful with the ball and Barca only started to create when Messi dropped very deep. Unfortunately that meant he had to thread balls through about 6 players into player's paths which he did a couple of times but you can't expect anyone to attack against that.

Barca have gone from been streets ahead to all opposition to less than a year later there arch rivals going to the Nou Camp and winning quite comfortably if truth be told.

Agreed really. Barca had a lot of possession but never really threatened and Real looked very dangerous on the break.

Messi with 8 years with basically the same players and i dont think your stats are right

Ronaldo with a changed squad some weeks doing that

So? Ronaldo's well settled in now and Messi's still outscoring him. My stats are fine though you're welcome to check (ESPN is where I got mine from). Messi has played 143 games for Barca in the last 3 seasons and scored 3 in his first 4 games of 09/10.