Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Clearly not.

Ha, it is.

Anyway, I had a feeling that Pep will step down. I doubt we'll see him at a club next season. It looks like he's taking a break. Health and well being come first.

I'm a bit suprised that Vilanova will be the next manager.

Respuesta: Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Ha' date=' it is.

Anyway, I had a feeling that Pep will step down. I doubt we'll see him at a club next season. It looks like he's taking a break. Health and well being come first.

[b']I'm a bit suprised that Vilanova will be the next manager.[/b]

I'm not too surprised to be honest. Things shouldn't change too much next season,Tito was a big big help for Guardiola.

I have to say that Guardiola leaving is a bit sad for world football. This FCB will be remembered for years and years. They have won 13 of 18 titles disputed,unbelievable.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

I'm not too surprised to be honest. Things shouldn't change too much next season' date='Tito was a big big help for Guardiola.

I have to say that Guardiola leaving is a bit sad for world football. This FCB will be remembered for years and years. They have won 13 of 18 titles disputed,unbelievable.[/quote']

It's a bit similar but opposite to Terry Connor's appointment at Wolves. Wolves needed change after Mick McCarthy but hired his no2 who will have had the same methods and same ethos. Barca don't need change, so why bring in Bielsa, AVB, Luis Enrique. If AVB had taken charge, he would probably drop Puyol and Xavi on the basis of age.

guardiola cant take it that he won't win a big title this season

Everyone figured out how to play against Barcelona now and Guardiola had no plan B

Wherever he goes next' date=' he do the same thing and wont get no where[/quote']

Everyone???????

You mean Chelsea???

Chelsea advanced due to Barca missing 5/6 CLEAR opportunities - NOT because Chelsea restricted them FGS:rolleyes:

I would hardly say a 'tactic' that can beat them has been found.

Everyone???????

You mean Chelsea???

Chelsea advanced due to Barca missing 5/6 CLEAR opportunities - NOT because Chelsea restricted them FGS:rolleyes:

I would hardly say a 'tactic' that can beat them has been found.

but did chelsea qualify, chelsea even scored twice against the so called best team ever with 10 men

even with 10 men, barce carried on with the same tactics and got no where just like Inter a few seasons back

Like Ashley Cole said before the game, i rather win dirty then pretty football

guardiola cant take it that he won't win a big title this season

Everyone figured out how to play against Barcelona now and Guardiola had no plan B

Wherever he goes next' date=' he do the same thing and wont get no where[/quote']

Get nowhere? I'd call getting 13 of a possible 18 trophies getting somewhere, however much you may hate Barca.

but did chelsea qualify' date=' chelsea even scored twice against the so called best team ever with 10 men

even with 10 men, barce carried on with the same tactics and got no where just like Inter a few seasons back

Like Ashley Cole said before the game, i rather win dirty then pretty football[/quote']

I acknowledge that Chelsea advanced.

However you said that Everyone figured out how to play against Barcelona now and Guardiola had no plan B.

I was pointing out that Barca failed to qualify due to poor finishing ONLY - They carved Chelsea open on numerous occasions and no-one could have complained had Barca score 10-12 goals over the 2 games.

I wouldn't say Chelsea's tactic of restricting Barca to 10-12 clear cut chances is a 'succesful tactic' :rolleyes:

Get nowhere? I'd call getting 13 of a possible 18 trophies getting somewhere' date=' however much you may hate Barca.[/quote']

no one knew there game in the 1st few seasons

but now its the same and teams are figuring it out

Same tactic which is pushing the fullbacks forward and going through the centre and keep passing, messi drags a player out of their position

They have no Plan B or cant play physial, plus they only have pique for high purposes

no one knew there game in the 1st few seasons

but now its the same and teams are figuring it out

Same tactic which is pushing the fullbacks forward and going through the centre and keep passing' date=' messi drags a player out of their position

They have no Plan B or cant play physial, plus they only have pique for high purposes[/quote']

They may have 'figured out' what Barca do - but I am yet to see the tactic succesfully stopped.

Barca have lost games due to poor finishing - not because others can counter the way they play for crying out loud.

2 words - REAL MADRID

But you said "Everyone":rolleyes:

And yes Real were good value for their win - but surely they were due after 1 win against Barca in the previous SEVEN games?

And one defeat hardly makes Barca 'predictable' and no longer the best team in the world.

Don't waste your time on this moron cheeky. There are monkeys in London zoo with more footballing knowledge than this panhead.

Pep's Barcelona have been one of the best sides in history' date=' if not THE best. Anyone who disagrees isn't worth wasting your breath on.[/quote']

You just live in your bubble then while I live in the real world and can see what Barce are actually like

You just live in your bubble then while I live in the real world and can see what Barce are actually like

You claim you "live in the real world" -

Yet so do millions of others who recognise Barca as the best footballing team there has ever been.

You can't all be in the "real world" - so can we assume that millions of football fans around the world are not in the "real world"?

But you said "Everyone":rolleyes:

And yes Real were good value for their win - but surely they were due after 1 win against Barca in the previous SEVEN games?

And one defeat hardly makes Barca 'predictable' and no longer the best team in the world.

due a away lol - you earn them and Barcelona got decisions in most of them 7

2 loses and a draw

All Barcelona do is -

Play narrow and through the centre

Push the full backs forward

If it does to the corner flags they pass it back and wait instead of crossing it

Messi tries to drag players out of position to make it easier for Xavi etc to pass

You claim you "live in the real world" -

Yet so do millions of others who recognise Barca as the best footballing team there has ever been.

You can't all be in the "real world" - so can we assume that millions of football fans around the world are not in the "real world"?

"best team ever" which has a bad defence and keeper

There is more better teams made then Barcelona

due a away lol - you earn them and Barcelona got decisions in most of them 7

2 loses and a draw

All Barcelona do is -

Play narrow and through the centre

Push the full backs forward

If it does to the corner flags they pass it back and wait instead of crossing it

Messi tries to drag players out of position to make it easier for Xavi etc to pass

Yes we are all aware of how Barca play.

We are not disputing that.

I am disputing that "Everyone now knows how to play against them" and your insinuation that Barca are no longer the force they were.

As of yet, you have failed to explain your 2 above points in your following 4 posts.

"best team ever" which has a bad defence and keeper

So the criteria for being the best team ever is having 'perfect players' in every position???

I thought it was determined by style of play coupled with success. Guess I should get in the real world eh:rolleyes:

There is more better teams made then Barcelona

Not in this era' date=' and from folk who were old enough to see the great teams of the past, not in previous era's either ;-)[/b']

Nineteen Characters

Barcelona are not the greatest team ever...

There is no greatest team ever - I'm sure everyone has their own criteria of what makes the 'greatest' team, and I can't think of one individual who could/should decide it. Why should there be a greatest team?

But if there was a greatest team, this Barcelona certainly wouldn't be mine.

Barcelona are not the greatest team ever...

There is no greatest team ever - I'm sure everyone has their own criteria of what makes the 'greatest' team' date=' and I can't think of one individual who could/should decide it. Why should there be a greatest team?[/quote']

For the same reason that there should be a 'greatest player' - the one that all others aspire too.