Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

To compare the history with present is stupidity....20-30 years ago the season wasnt so long' date='were other conditions,were other ways to play football(with a ball made from wood most probably)[/quote']

I wasn't comparing it with history. I was saying it is now a FACT that Lionel Messi has the most goals out of any player in the history of the game, in one season.

No comparison at all, just a simple fact :)

What are the chances of Ronaldo winning the Ballon d'Or?

I personally think he has a very good shot at it ;)

Chances are very low in fact. Uefa are behind it. You will most likely see the trio of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in the top 3. Nevermind that they haven't won the La Liga or Champions League

Chances are very low in fact. Uefa are behind it. You will most likely see the trio of Messi' date=' Xavi and Iniesta in the top 3. Nevermind that they haven't won the La Liga or Champions League[/quote']

Typical Uefalona :(

According to Drenthe' date=' Messi called him a negro :eek:[/quote']

It's a common greeting in South America. If you read the same article I did, it appears Higuain and Heinze called Diarra negro until he asked them to stop. He highlights Messi as saying 'Hola negro' as they shook hands before the game so it's clearly being used as a greeting without the nasty racial connotations.

As people are bound to mention Suarez, Comolli and Kuyt gave evidence saying Suarez told them he told Evra that he fouled him because he was black (porque es negro) which is racist.

It's a common greeting in South America. If you read the same article I did' date=' it appears Higuain and Heinze called Diarra negro until he asked them to stop. He highlights Messi as saying 'Hola negro' as they shook hands before the game so it's clearly being used as a greeting without the nasty racial connotations.

As people are bound to mention Suarez, Comolli and Kuyt gave evidence saying Suarez told them he told Evra that he fouled him because he was black (porque es negro) which is racist.[/quote']

Didn't know that lol :o:p, didn't expect Messi to stoop as low as Suarez ;)

Guest Scout Maker

Villareal is relegated..

Did not expect this..

They played CL this season' date='lol :P.[/quote']

My word.

Who scored a late winner?

Nice to see Malaga make that 4th place spot and CL football next season. The team underwent a big change this season (big signing Cazorla whose old club is relegated), and I'm sure they will make some interesting signings for the new season and challenge for the third spot.

Nice to see Malaga make that 4th place spot and CL football next season. The team underwent a big change this season (big signing Cazorla whose old club is relegated)' date=' and I'm sure they will make some interesting signings for the new season and challenge for the third spot.[/quote']

I hope Isco gets a chance to flourish in the CL.

My word.

Who scored a late winner?

Raul Tamudo's 91st minute winner for Rayo Vallecano is the goal that sent Villarreal down' date=' they were okay until that point despite losing to Atletico. Very surprising but cant say they didn't deserve to go down this season, hopefully they will bounce straight back up next season as they will be a loss to La Liga.

Very pleased that Malaga held onto the final CL spot ahead of Atletico, they could have a very interesting Summer ahead and hopefully could even start bridging the gap between the top 2 over the next few seasons. Despite all the money they have spent and could well spend, they will never make a better signing than that of Isco, absolute bargain, signing of the season for me without a doubt![/font']

So.. Falcao put last year Villarreal out of Europa League final.. tonight "put" them in the 2nd league. Rossi' date=' Nilmar, Valero, Bruno, Lopez, Musacchio in 2nd division.. hmm.[/quote']

I am pretty sure that all of them will leave.

But the question is where?

I am pretty sure that all of them will leave.

But the question is where?

I'm sure Malaga will see one or two come along. I would hope Malaga can keep up their steady climb, a remarkable season after where they have usually been finding themselves in.

I'm sure Malaga will see one or two come along. I would hope Malaga can keep up their steady climb' date=' a remarkable season after where they have usually been finding themselves in.[/quote']

Spot on.

Can see Musacchio and Nilmar joining Malaga, they need to replace the creaking legs of Mathijsen and Demicheles while they really lack a goalscorer, I can see potential in Rondon but Nilmar is quality when given the service.