Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

So.. Falcao put last year Villarreal out of Europa League final.. tonight "put" them in the 2nd league. Rossi' date=' Nilmar, Valero, Bruno, Lopez, Musacchio in 2nd division.. hmm.[/quote']

I wouldnt be surprised to see Nilmar move back to Brazil tbh, Musacchio has been linked with AS Roma for a while now, Valero has been linked with Real Madrid but i cant see that happening, Malaga though is a possibility and i'm sure they will be looking at a couple others too.

Not sure what will happen with Rossi though, who's going to buy a player who is out injured for 10 months?

Rossi will stay unless Juventus are willing to shell out on a player who is out for most of next season. If they want to take the risk it may be worth it.

Can a Segunda side afford to pay his (probably large) wages though? They might have to sell on the cheap in order to stay afloat and a biggish club might take a punt.

Can a Segunda side afford to pay his (probably large) wages though? They might have to sell on the cheap in order to stay afloat and a biggish club might take a punt.

Again who wants to make a punt however cheap on a guy out for 10 Months and has been prone to repeat injuries. It would have to be a club with money to burn, eg Malaga or Juve, Are the only ones I see making a move for him.

You have to question if any of the Villarreal side even have relegation wage reductions written into their contracts, considering their status i very much doubt they would of. Which makes you think loads of players will be leaving in the summer.

You have to question if any of the Villarreal side even have relegation wage reductions written into their contracts' date=' considering their status i very much doubt they would of. Which makes you think loads of players will be leaving in the summer.[/quote']

That is a very good point, they are far from being a wealthy club either and the worry is if they do have to sell all their best players then they may never recover and could just drift into obscurity, which would be ashame as they have been a great footballing side over the last years.

549299_368307286551996_190050664377660_972748_2041523822_n.jpg

That is how the La Liga table would look without Messi's and Ronaldo's goals. Pretty crazy' date=' but it just shows how much more important of a player Messi is to his side.[/quote']

Ehh, that shows nothing. Messi is the sole focal point of Barcelona's attack so that's somewhat expected.

A better player certainly but we're comparing the roles of the best players in each team where one plays at the central guy (Messi), and the other (Ronaldo) on the flank, with another guy who's only job is to score (Benzema/Higs). Sanchez/Villa don't always play.

That being said, Messi is still more valuable and a better player. Just that stat proves nothing.

Ehh' date=' that shows nothing. Messi is the sole focal point of Barcelona's attack so that's somewhat expected.

A better player certainly but we're comparing the roles of the best players in each team where one plays at the central guy (Messi), and the other (Ronaldo) on the flank, with another guy who's only job is to score (Benzema/Higs). Sanchez/Villa don't always play.

That being said, Messi is still more valuable and a better player. Just that stat proves nothing.[/quote']

Yeah the sole focal point = more goals = more important. So what your saying in theory is that Ronaldo would score more goals if we were playing centrally? Irrelevant anyway as he rarely stays out wide and cuts in the majority of the time. Still think its a crazy table regardless.

Yeah the sole focal point = more goals = more important. So what your saying in theory is that Ronaldo would score more goals if we were playing centrally? Irrelevant anyway as he rarely stays out wide and cuts in the majority of the time. Still think its a crazy table regardless.

Not saying that, just saying that we're comparing different situations and roles. No idea what would happen if Ron played centrally full-time.

A stronger argument is that Messi is by far a better playmaker than Ronaldo.

As for pop statistics, everything can be made to "show" something. Your table was interesting, just not for the purpose you stated.

I feel sorry for Villarreal B, who finished 13th in the Segunda but are automatically relegated as a result of Villarreal's relegation from La Liga. Girona stay up as the highest placed 'relegated' team.

Am I right in thinking that Real Madrid Castilla are just two games away from a return to the Segunda Division? (home and away vs Cadiz)

(Sorry, most of what I've written has nothing to do with La Liga)

Diego Lopez has become the first of Villarreals casualties' date=' after they were relegated to the Segunda.

Hes joined Sevilla, fantastic signing for them... They've really lacked a top top GK for some time now.[/quote']

What about Palop he's always looked good when I saw admittedly he's getting on a bit?

Weird thinking I saw that Villarreal side about 10 months ago, up here. Playing the mighty Aberdeen was obviously too much for them.

Diego Lopez has become the first of Villarreals casualties' date=' after they were relegated to the Segunda.

Hes joined Sevilla, fantastic signing for them... They've really lacked a top top GK for some time now.[/quote']

I'm interested to see who picks up Musacchio. Could it be Real Madrid?

What about Palop he's always looked good when I saw admittedly he's getting on a bit?

Weird thinking I saw that Villarreal side about 10 months ago' date=' up here. Playing the mighty Aberdeen was obviously too much for them.[/quote']

Palop was decent enough a few years ago, but was never top drawer and has been in and out of the team the past couple of years with Varas.

Respuesta: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Only 3 days for the most important match this year, the Cup Final against FC Barcelona.

We are ready and I hope that we can win this cup ... and at last, see the Gabarra over the Ria (A river of Bilbao) :D

pgTGvwpGkBc

Aupa Athletic!!!!

Yea thats a great signing for them, just what they have been needing. Any idea how much they got him for?

Re Musacchio, my money would also be on Malaga winning the race for him. Though their priority is a top class striker and i'm really interested to see who they bring in, heard loads of names being mentioned, Dzeko, Adebayor, Torres, Soldado, Llorente, Cavani etc so be interesting to see who they end up with.

If i was Malaga though first thing i'd do would be to give Isco a new contract and up his minimum release fee as apparantly its only something like 20M Euros, which is said to be tempting the likes of Barca to meet!

• 2 weeks later...