Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Manolo Preciado dies from heart attack just 24 hours after being appointed as Villarreal's new boss.

R.I.P

Really Sad to hear this, but i cant just stop thinking about how Unlucky Villarreal has been this season, its almost hilarious, like in the horror Movies, when someone buys a Cursed & Haunted house, just when you think it cant get any worse, it does.

Very sorry for VIllareal and i feel for Preciado's Family

R.I.P

Really Sad to hear this' date=' but i cant just stop thinking about [b']how Unlucky Villarreal has been this season[/b], its almost hilarious, like in the horror Movies, when someone buys a Cursed & Haunted house, just when you think it cant get any worse, it does.

Very sorry for VIllareal and i feel for Preciado's Family

R.I.P

You're right this season has been really unlucky for them and hopefully they come back to the La Liga next season, as a team of their quality shouldn't be in the lower leagues

R.I.P Preciado

Well he's down as a RB/LB on SM. Just wondering whether he's been playing much or a lot at LB since his move to Valencia. Enough so to keep his current LB position on SM.

Hasnt started one game in LB since his arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

Luka Modric has agreed to join Real Madrid from Tottenham' date=' according to Marca, a Spanish daily......

What's his future holds at spanish giants??/:rolleyes:[/quote']

I think Modric will not start as often as Khedira. Mourinho favours 2 DM to act as a shield for his defence. Looked at how Porto,Chelsea and Inter played when he was their manager.

I think Modric will not start as often as Khedira. Mourinho favours 2 DM to act as a shield for his defence. Looked at how Porto' date='Chelsea and Inter played when he was their manager.[/quote']

If its true about him going to Madrid then I dont think he'll wont play that often in those deep position I think. Khedira is more defensive and Alonso will always be a starter. He could end up like Sahin and Coentrao but he also has a chance to play behind Benzema. I know again Ozil plays there and he isn't going ahead of him but he could get some amount of apps especially if Kaka leaves. I personally think its a bad move for Modric but he's probably earning a good sum each week.

Valencia have confirmed they have agreed a deal with Barcelona for full-back Jordi Alba.

The Catalan giants have been tracking the left-back for months and have long-since had him lined up to arrive at the club this summer.

Now Valencia have revealed that terms have been agreed between the two clubs for his transfer.

Alba, who had a year left on his deal at the Mestalla, will finalise his move to Camp Nou after Euro 2012 when he can undergo a medical.

It is understood that Barcelona will pay €14million for Alba, who has impressed hugely at the European Championship.

So Altetico sell Dominguez to clear some of the debt the club lies in' date=' Eduardo Salvio has also agreed personal terms with Benfica.[/quote']

It's clear that Dominguez didn't want to leave, he was even crying in his interview and it's a shame for the fans to see him go as he was a successful homegrown player. Botia has been linked as his replacement though but Benfica are also really interested in him. Courtois will also stay with Atletico for another season.

It's clear that Dominguez didn't want to leave' date=' he was even crying in his interview and it's a shame for the fans to see him go as he was a successful homegrown player. Botia has been linked as his replacement though but Benfica are also really interested in him. Courtois will also stay with Atletico for another season.[/quote']

And to think they could save a whole host of problems by just selling Falcao, who would command a fee in the region of £40-50m.... Could get a decent replacement in for £10-15m like Gameiro (hope Valencia sign him!) and save a whole host of problems.

In better news for Atletico, theres rumours that if Salvio does move to Benfica then they could go in for Diego.....

And to think they could save a whole host of problems by just selling Falcao' date=' who would command a fee in the region of £40-50m.... Could get a decent replacement in for £10-15m like Gameiro (hope Valencia sign him!) and save a whole host of problems.

In better news for Atletico, theres rumours that if Salvio does move to Benfica then they could go in for Diego.....[/quote']

Gameiro is joining Valencia? Confirmed yesterday if I can remember lol.

Gameiro is joining Valencia? Confirmed yesterday if I can remember lol.

Confirmed by who? Goal.com? :D Hope it does happen though, would probably mean a change in formation though....

Regarding Alba, gutted to see him go but it was inevitable. Remember watching the guy years ago and saying he would be a world class player (albeit not at LB). I'd imagine Mathieu will go back to LB now..... really hope Bernat is given his chance this season as hes the next 'Alba'.

It's clear that Dominguez didn't want to leave' date=' he was even crying in his interview and it's a shame for the fans to see him go as he was a successful homegrown player. Botia has been linked as his replacement though but Benfica are also really interested in him. Courtois will also stay with Atletico for another season.[/quote']

I read he had offers from england aswell but chose Gladbach, its a shame he left as ive said before, though they have a decent player coming through in Pulido, maybe they feel they can develop him further.

And to think they could save a whole host of problems by just selling Falcao' date=' who would command a fee in the region of £40-50m.... Could get a decent replacement in for £10-15m like Gameiro (hope Valencia sign him!) and save a whole host of problems.

In better news for Atletico, theres rumours that if Salvio does move to Benfica then they could go in for Diego.....[/quote']

I've read though that apparently they're not even 100% owners of Falcao?

So Marcelo Biesla resigns from Athletic Bilbao after the club failed to support him over an altercation with the site manager, who was incharge of the renovation of Bibao's training ground. Here's what happened:

Athletic Bilbao coach Marcelo Bielsa became embroiled in a ‘physical altercation’ with the site manager of a building company after his players were forced to train on a half-finished construction site on their first day of pre-season.

Incensed by the fact that the renovation being carried out at Bilbao’s Lezama complex had not been completed on time or to a satisfactory standard, Bielsa reportedly hunted down and then tore several strips off the supervisor before a scuffle broke out between the two men.

Bielsa, who has recently signed a new contract extension as Los Leones after leading them to both the Copa Del Rey and Europa League final last season, then called a press conference to non-apologise for his conduct – also hinting that the supervisor and his firm had chosen not to press charges because they didn’t want to draw attention to their shoddy work:

“The condition of Lezama is an insult to the players and I am responsible for them. I was indignant because that was not recognised and began to say offensive things. I don’t respect him because he did a bad job.

“I behaved badly and I admit that. I offended the person but [the site manager] also said some bad things. He made no police report and that, I believe, is because of pressure from his company or Athletic, who wanted to avoid [any publicity over] what I’m reporting here.

“Doing our pre-season in these conditions at Lezama discredits me as a coach. The work had deadlines. I had no vacation and I met with them a week ago and also spoke with those responsible for about four hours a day while in Argentina.

“One of the deadlines was on July 2nd and I was told that only half of the work would be completed. But it is not that the work wasn’t completed; it’s that it was done badly, in the knowledge that it was being done wrong.

“When I saw that, I got angry because I have a squad here that is worth €300 million that has to work in these conditions.”

Bilbao's club statment:

“Athletic Club do not share the personal and subjective opinions expressed by Marcelo Bielsa in [Thursday's] press conference with regards to the development work, the extent to which the contract has been honored and the professionalism of the people involved in the construction project.”

“Athletic Club wishes to make clear the correct execution of the work contract to date, so we would like to publicly apologize for the comments of a club employee that may have caused damage to the construction company and its workers.”

Why doesn't Valencia sign berbatov. It really doesn't look like Man U is in a lack of forwards or anything.

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=51453/domestic/index.html

Plus, I remember valencia selling one of their veteran forwards or something earlier in the year. Berbatov could add lots of experience and could either act as a backup or start for Valencia. 31 doesn't make him ancient yet, and he has champions league experience.

According to rumours coming from Argentinian media, Under-23 international striker Sergio Ezequiel Araujo (20) is about to leave Boca Juniors for being signed by Barcelona FC.

Hope it is true I have him snapped up in a few set ups and added him to the talent thread in my sig, looks like it will be Barcelona B he will move to if it is true.

8 million Euros is the reported fee.