Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Also it seems Medel & Rakitic are both close to completing deals to Sevilla. Quite looking forward to seeing how they fare as they look like players with a lot of potential.

I hope Sevilla plays him in the middle - either as an more attacking midfielder or as an more box-to-box-player - he will fail big if he stays on a flank. He is to slow for that and the big hype around him is wastly build on the flank that if he is used right, he can produce some good football. However, Sevilla aren't exactly in the best spirit at the moment, which Schalke hasn't either been this season, so I do not expect Rakitic to shine that much, to be honest. I mean, last season, when Schalke could roll in the points, he played in a central-role on the midfield (box-to-box-player), but this season, playing on the exact same position, he's been underperforming. The only difference between this years Schalke and the Schalke from the 09/10 season, is the fact that Schalke are in a horrible form right now and that they last season were serious contenders for the Bundesliga title.

So, what I'm trying to say, is that if his team-mates aren't performing, he won't do it as well ~ he isn't that big of a talent people are trying make it sound like and I doubt he will be that much of a lift for you guys, to be honest. I may sound biased, but I'm truly not. Even Magath, the Schalke manager, had the intension of awarding Rakitic with a new contract as soon as the season started, but as Raktic couldn't follow up last season performances, Magath didn't want to renew his contract and instead slussed up Draxler, an youth-product of Schalke, during December and has since December and Draxler's income been giving Rakitic limited playing-time. All this despite the knowledge that Rakitic is still a product many teams want in their respective setup and the fact that he was sitting on a contract that was due to expire in the upcoming summer (which is why he came so cheaply to Spain and Sevilla).

All in all, I'm not trying to say Rakitic will fail, but he won't shine as much as expected. He is kind of like Pirlo (not as good though, of course) - slow, doesn't show up themselves so much in the games and you could either love them or hate them - well, I hate those kind of players. They are overrated in my opinion ~ who can't hit a nice pass?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Ander is as good as gone to Athletic Bilbao :( I'm not sad beacuse of the fact that he will be moving to a club that wasn't the biggest out of those clubs that were interested in him (infact, I support it!), but he had such a big heart for Zaragoza and decided to reject Villarreal and Sevilla for Athletic beacuse he is a Basque (and also beacuse of the fact that Zaragoza and Villarreal doesn't exactly have the best partnership). Despite beeing of Basque origin, he didn't want to leave Zaragoza and was practically forced to leave them due to their restricted financial situation. In this modern generation, we aren't seeing so many footballers who are thinking about loyalty instead of the moneys, but Herrera is a good example of a footballer who thinks with his heart before his brain. Great player, great talent and he'd reach more success with Sevilla rather than Athletic and Zaragoza, but he thinks with his heart, so when his favourite club - Zaragoza - was in need of selling (he is the only player in their squad who is worth something, to be honest) - he only had the wish of going to back to the Basque county.

Herrrera FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:eek::eek: Interesting too see what happen to Benzema after some important goals when he sidelined :D

Higuain's not done much tonight.

Madrid desperately trying to get back into this game, they are attacking so much Casillas has been taking the throw ins. lol

Mourinho loses at home for the first time since Feb '02 :eek:

Higuain's not done much tonight.

Madrid desperately trying to get back into this game' date=' they are attacking so much Casillas has been taking the throw ins. lol

Mourinho loses at home for the first time since Feb '03 :eek:[/quote']

02 I think mate,I have to say I thought De Las Cuevas,Cases and Botia were fantastic towards the end of that game,Sporting used the pace they had in the widemen in De Las Cuevas and Novo and exploited the lack of full backs when Real Madrid switched to 4-3-3,fantastic win and they deserved it in the end.

02 I think mate' date='I have to say I thought De Las Cuevas,Cases and Botia were fantastic towards the end of that game,Sporting used the pace they had in the widemen in De Las Cuevas and Novo and exploited the lack of full backs when Real Madrid switched to 4-3-3,fantastic win and they deserved it in the end.[/quote']

Yeah 03' just a typo :o.

Juan Pablo pulled of some brilliant saves in the final 10-15 minutes.

A Spurs fan pleased to see Higuain back...anyone else confused?

Not me. I'd much rather face him than Benzema :P That said, it'd be much better to have to face neither of them and just Adebayor :D

Btw, De Las Cuevas is soo underrated, maybe hasn't got the talent but always works his socks off. Botia is off in the summer too.

What are the chances of Diego Costa and Koke of Atletico Madrid holding their places in the starting 11?

Costa will typically always be a sub until either Aguero leaves or Forlan retires/leaves.

Koke might become a starter next season, however Assuncao, Thiago, Suarez and Garcia are typically going to start over him.

Costa will typically always be a sub until either Aguero leaves or Forlan retires/leaves.

Koke might become a starter next season' date=' however Assuncao, Thiago, Suarez and Garcia are typically going to start over him.[/quote']

Thanks, are they good players or not? Have there been any transfer roomers?

What are the chances of Diego Costa and Koke of Atletico Madrid holding their places in the starting 11?

Yeah like what NapoliFan101 said Costa will keep on being used as a sub until Forlan leaves, which seems like it will happen but if he does Atletico will probably buy a new starter to replace Forlan and Costa will still be used as a sub and may get more gametime as Forlan is irreplaceable lol Scored a Hattrick today so he may get a little run in the team.

As for Koke the guy has ability and could live up to starting for Atletico, he has took part in games this season where he has played well and impressed Quique Sanchez. Next season once the summer transfer is over and players leave/sign he may well play a big part for Atletico next season.

Thanks' date=' are they good players or not? Have there been any transfer roomers?[/quote']

They're both talented players.

Costa's been around a lot of teams, so who knows where he'll move next.

I can't see Koke going anywhere any time soon. Though Barcelona was looking at him in Janaury, so he could very well.