Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Well they did :P

If Italy had won the Euro Championships i'd suggest Pirlo would've got in the team' date=' if's and but's though. Playing in such a weak league certainly didn't help his case any though...

Btw the EPL is not the best league according to the coefficient, and hasn't been for quite awhile now, and tbh its not even going to be the second best league for long ;)[/quote']

Coefficient system is balls and no one should base any footballing opinion on them

The Euros seem to have been very important. Loads of Spanish/Barca players in there who haven't had the best domestic season. Probably put a large blot on RVP's name too.

Well yeah - why else would Balotelli have been nominated for Ballon D'or :P Even though he finished last!

If Italy had won the Euro Championships i'd suggest Pirlo would've got in the team' date=' if's and but's though. Playing in such a weak league certainly didn't help his case any though...

Btw the EPL is not the best league according to the coefficient, and hasn't been for quite awhile now, and tbh its not even going to be the second best league for long ;)[/quote']

My mistake, I havent checked it for months but wiki says as of 8th dec la Liga is no.1 so Im assuming EPL was still top for 11 months.

If Italy had won the Euro Championships i'd suggest Pirlo would've got in the team' date=' if's and but's though. [b']Playing in such a weak league certainly didn't help his case any though...[/b]

Btw the EPL is not the best league according to the coefficient, and hasn't been for quite awhile now, and tbh its not even going to be the second best league for long ;)

In all honesty, Serie A is much tougher than La Liga (which have been only for 2 club for the past few season).

The Euros seem to have been very important. Loads of Spanish/Barca players in there who haven't had the best domestic season. Probably put a large blot on RVP's name too.

This is true, I mean looks like certain players didnt stand a chance if they held the Euros highly above everything else.

My mistake' date=' I havent checked it for months but wiki says as of 8th dec la Liga is no.1 so Im assuming EPL was still top for 11 months.[/quote']

La Liga has been #1 for years ;) As of 8th Dec is the latest update on wiki, has nothing to do with any changes at the top ;)

Oh right' date=' I understand. In your head you have put it as #1, but youre wrong my friend. ;)[/quote']

Take a look at UEFA's Official website, have a look at the coefficients, and unless your thick you will see La Liga has been #1 ALL YEAR ;)

Take a look at UEFA's Official website' date=' have a look at the coefficients, and unless your thick you will see La Liga has been #1 ALL YEAR ;)[/quote']

When did they officially update it though? 8th december according to wiki.

Plus in your other post, you said theyve been #1 for years, they havent.

When did they officially update it though? 8th december according to wiki.

Plus in your other post' date=' you said theyve been #1 for years, they havent.[/quote']

They officially update it after every European match day ;) Never quote wikipedia as a source btw ;)

Yeah they have been #1 all this year and all last year, that makes them #1 for years, as 2=plural. Not much between them the previous 2 years and over the last 5 years La Liga is on top by quite a substantial distance.

They officially update it after every European match day ;) Never quote wikipedia as a source btw ;)

Yeah they have been #1 all this year and all last year' date=' that makes them #1 for years, as 2=plural. Not much between them the previous 2 years and over the last 5 years La Liga is on top by quite a substantial distance.[/quote']

Well my mistake if they update it after every European match.

Anyway, we shouldnt include a year that isnt finished though.

If Italy had won the Euro Championships i'd suggest Pirlo would've got in the team' date=' if's and but's though. [b']Playing in such a weak league certainly didn't help his case any though...[/b]

Btw the EPL is not the best league according to the coefficient, and hasn't been for quite awhile now, and tbh its not even going to be the second best league for long ;)

I don't think you can say that the Serie A is really that weak :). I will admit I rarely watch much La Liga but I feel like Serie A is very competitive, not saying La Liga isn't. Teams such as Juve, Inter, Lazio, Roma, A.C Milan, Fiorentina, Napoli, and Udinese are all teams which are competitive and do fight for champions league spots, and league spots and they are all situated in one league. I just don't agree that you can say "such a weak league" :).

Falcao over RVP is a big joke :o

La Liga is massively overrated...

Falcao FTW! He won the Europa League and Super Cup (almost single handidly), what did Van Persie win? Technically it should be Drogba > Falcao > RVP but I can accept the Columbian being there :)

Falcao FTW! He won the Europa League and Super Cup (almost single handidly)' date=' what did Van Persie win? Technically it should be Drogba > Falcao > RVP but I can accept the Columbian being there :)[/quote']

I do not care that Falcao has won those two. As a forward RVP clearly had the better season. By that logic you can argue Torres is better than RVP and Falcao and Drogba as he won the CL and the Euro 2012 :eek: but we all know he's been pish as..

I do not care that Falcao has won those two. As a forward RVP clearly had the better season. By that logic you can argue Torres is better than RVP and Falcao and Drogba as he won the CL and the Euro 2012 :eek: but we all know he's been pish as..

And Torres won the golden boot too!

Falcao over RVP is a big joke :o

La Liga is massively overrated...

Rubbish. Falcao won the Falcao League and the Super Cup by himself and scored masses of goals in all competitions.

RVP had an excellent season but not a better one. He flopped at the Euros, where big games from him were required. Apart from a consolation goal against Germany he was absolutely woeful, and the Dutch fans were berating the decision not to start Huntelaar who many thought was also having a better season than RVP.

How can a player that literally won the Europa League by themself, being included in a World 11 be a 'joke'? That's ridiculous.

Rubbish. Falcao won the Falcao League and the Super Cup by himself and scored masses of goals in all competitions.

The Falcao League? Bloody hell' date=' he must have done well to win that one! :eek: [/b']

RVP had an excellent season but not a better one. He flopped at the Euros, where big games from him were required. Apart from a consolation goal against Germany he was absolutely woeful, and the Dutch fans were berating the decision not to start Huntelaar who many thought was also having a better season than RVP.

The whole Dutch team flopped, remember he only played 3 games there, (one in fact behind Huntelaar) and he did score a goal for a side that had 0 team chemistry as well as creating many chances for himself. Would have loved to see Falcao do better in that current side :)

How can a player that literally won the Europa League by themself, being included in a World 11 be a 'joke'? That's ridiculous.

Correction* He had 10 other players alongside him at all times :)

As a striker Van Persie has done better in this calendar year. Like I said If you're making a case for trophies, you can well argue Torres has had a better year than Falcao winning 3 major trophies as well as a Golden Boot at the Euros ;)

10 characters