Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

From reports of an open training session they had:

Goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet was guarded by a four-man back line comprising Ricardo van Rhijn' date=' Stefan de Vrij, Bruno Martins Indi and Daley Blind. Captain Kevin Strootman, Jordy Clasie and Adam Maher combined to form a stylish midfield trio, with lone striker Luuk de Jong flanked by effervescent wingers Georginio Wijnaldum and Ola John.[/quote']

Wow what a side they have, as long as they're not like 2007 squad, in the future then this team could become a contender atleast in Euro :)

Real Madrid have reportedly been in contact with Barcelona midfielder, Thiago Alcantara about a possible move to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Not sure how much truth there is to that, but also not sure if he is the kind of player Madrid need at the moment, only thing i can think of is that he would be a replacement for Kaka?

smileys-confused-630530.gif

The cup will be between Spain and France, best squads for sure.

Nobody heard about Palop? He joined Bayer Leverkusen as their 2nd gk.

Bayer Leverkusen signed 39-year-old Spanish goalkeeper Andres Palop from Sevilla on Monday as they bolstered their squad ahead of next season's Champions League competition.

"After all the years in Spain's top division, I am delighted to be getting the chance to play abroad."

Re: Respuesta: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Leo Baptistao is going to Atlético de Madrid.

Navas has been sold to Manchester City for 28 millions.

Piti is linked with a move to Granada.

The Baptistao deal was already pre-agreed in January I believe.

As for Navas I read that he was close to a move to City, is it official now?

strong squad... only the german u21 might beat them
The German squad's terrible in comparison :confused:

Spain's is excellent but could lack firepower IMO. A side with a strong defence could nick a goal and keep them out.

No' date=' I don't think so. If we played at full strength like Spain, yes, even.

But not with our current one.[/quote']

Really..who exactly?

Germany squad

Goalkeepers: Oliver Baumann (SC Freiburg)' date=' Bernd Leno (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Timo Horn (1. FC Köln).

Defenders: Tony Jantschke (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sead Kolasinac (FC Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Antonio Rüdiger (VfB Stuttgart), Oliver Sorg (SC Freiburg), Stefan Thesker (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Lasse Sobiech (SpVgg Greuther Fürth), Shkodran Mustafi (UC Sampdoria).

Midfielders: Christian Clemens (1. FC Köln), Patrick Funk (FC St Pauli), Patrick Herrmann (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Lewis Holtby (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Christoph Moritz (FC Schalke 04), Sebastian Rode (Eintracht Frankfurt), Sebastian Rudy (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Emre Can (FC Bayern München).

Forwards: Pierre-Michel Lasogga (Hertha BSC Berlin), Peniel Mlapa (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Polter (1. FC Nürnberg), Kevin Volland (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim).

Holders Spain will play the Netherlands, Russia and Germany while hosts Israel will face England, Norway and Italy after the draw for the Under-21 finals was made in Tel Aviv.[/quote']

On that topic:

The following eligible German players for the U21-EURO have been left out / are injured:

Mario Götze

Toni Kroos

Andre Schürrle

Ilkay Gündogan

Julian Draxler

Marc-Andre Ter Stegen

Sebastian Jung

Moritz Leitner

Konstantin Rausch

Kevin Trapp

Alexander Merkel

Jan Kirchhoff

Leon Goretzka

So yeah, if we were to play at full strength like Spain, we'd most likely win that thing

Wow what a side they have' date=' as long as they're not like 2007 squad, in the future then this team could become a contender atleast in Euro :)[/quote']

How many of these guys is actually U21? I think U21 EC is full of guys of 23-years or so. Not sure of the Dutch, but in the mighty impressive team that Spain has being able to call up, there's hardly one single player who's younger that 22, and quite a few are 23. Anyway, the reason why I responded this was actually that the Dutch team looks not impressive at all after you've taken a look at the Spain team. They're fearsome, once again.

How many of these guys is actually U21? I think U21 EC is full of guys of 23-years or so. Not sure of the Dutch' date=' but in the mighty impressive team that Spain has being able to call up, there's hardly one single player who's younger that 22, and quite a few are 23. Anyway, the reason why I responded this was actually that the Dutch team looks not impressive at all after you've taken a look at the Spain team. They're fearsome, once again.[/quote']

This Euro U21 thing sure is "weird". I know the eligible age rules are from the start of qualifying, not the start of the tournament. For me it likes defeating the purpose to find a young talent, but again 23 is still young enough age :P

Of course it's obvious this Spain squad are by far the most favourite looking at their squad, but stranger things happen and if I was to make a bet about who will become champions other than Spain then I'd put Netherlands. After all they failed a big time in London last year :P

For age, I make a quick search based on wiki about the age from the big team's squad:

-England: 11 players 22/23 years old - 8 players 20/younger

-Italy: 10 players 22/23 years old - 3 players 20/younger(just Leali on his teens)

-Germany: 13 players 22/23 years old - 6 players 20/younger

-Netherlands: 13 players 22/23 years old - 5 players 20/younger

-Spain: 14 players 22/23 years old - 3 players on 20(no one younger than 20)

Atletico Madrid's Diego Simeone has been crowned the 2012/2013 Manager of the Season award for La Liga after he guided his side to a Champions League spot and the Copa del Rey title.

Atletico Madrid have officially confirmed the transfer of Rayo Vallecano striker, Leo Baptistao on a five-year deal.

Real Madrid have confirmed their first signing of the post-Mourinho era. Dani Carvajal has rejoined Real Madrid from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of €6.5 million, having decided to utilise their contracted first-option to buy clause, when they sold the player to the German club for €6 million, just last summer.

Espanyol midfielder, Wakaso Mubarak is flattered by reports linking him to Everton and Juventus, among others, but states that his future is in the hands of the Catalan side.

Soon after playing his final match for Sevilla, goalkeeper Andres Palop confirmed he will join German Bundesliga side, Bayer Leverkusen.

The Turkish international, Arda Turan, who finished the 2012-13 season with five goals and four assists, cleared up his stance on his future. Turan wants to respects the contract he has with the colchonero entity until its end in 2015

Martí Asensio, former CEO of RCD Mallorca, faces charges of corporate fraud whilst he was responsible for financial transactions at the club

English Premier League side, West Ham United have signed now-former Real Betis goalkeeper, Adrian on a free transfer, just one day after Real Betis secured Europa League qualification for next season according to Sevilla-based sports daily, Estadio Deportivo

One of the five possible opponents that Real Sociedad will face, are all teams with plenty of Champions League experience behind them: Arsenal, Lyon, Milan, Schalke and Zenit.

Young Barcelona central defender Marc Muniesa says his goodbyes on Sunday night via social network Twitter.The 21 year-old defender leaves Barcelona as a free agent, after the club decided not to offer him a contract renewal and is expected to complete a move to Real Sociedad.

He is 68, has just won the treble.

Was at Real before, won them the CL for the first time in over 30 years and they sacked him straight after.

He should take over a National Team or some other position at a club. But he can retire on the absolute height of success in an age that is totally appropriate for retiring. I am sure his wife would appreciate that too.

Why move to Spain by himself or move the entire family at that part of his life?

One of the five possible opponents that Real Sociedad will face' date=' are all teams with plenty of Champions League experience behind them: Arsenal, Lyon, Milan, Schalke and Zenit.[/quote']

And all of them will hope not to play Real Sociedad.

Although, it may be that this team loses its core during the summer, or has players wanting out come the playoff, in which case they will not be that difficult opponent.

He is 68' date=' has just won the treble.

Was at Real before, won them the CL for the first time in over 30 years and they sacked him straight after.

He should take over a National Team or some other position at a club. But he can retire on the absolute height of success in an age that is totally appropriate for retiring. I am sure his wife would appreciate that too.

Why move to Spain by himself or move the entire family at that part of his life?

Spain is much better to live for an older person then Germany ,Spain is better to live for any age range then Germany lol

Spain is much better to live for an older person then Germany ' date='Spain is better to live for any age range then Germany lol[/quote']

What do you base this on? Over a quarter of people in Spain don't have a job and that figure is slightly over 5% for Germany, so I wouldn't say it is better to live in Spain over Germany.

You clearly have not seen his press conference after the Mönchengladbach game when he cried in front of the press saying this is his home. Was incredibly emotional.

Anyway, out now, Jupp Heynckes is not going to coach Real Madrid or any other club from the 01.07.2013 onwards. He will take a long holiday and is unlikely to come back as club manager anywhere. Admitted that the past years have been extremely strenuous and stressful and cost him a lot of substance (similar to Pep last year)

Personally I think he is eyeing the Germany job after 2014.

Had offers from rich clubs (PSG? Monaco?), clubs in nice countries and an offer from Real Madrid but rejected them all.

Knew it :P

What do you base this on? Over a quarter of people in Spain don't have a job and that figure is slightly over 5% for Germany' date=' so I wouldn't say it is better to live in Spain over Germany.[/quote']

LOL Where do you like to go in vacantion , Spain or Germany ?

Been to Germany on a number of times, and Spain. Id much much rather live in Germany than Spain, generally speaking. But id live in Barcelona over all the places iv been in both countries.

You did a great discredit to Germany as a place to live.