Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Talking about Classic Wingers and Crossers of the ball and the great Jesús Navas, I feel obligation to mention the always underrated Pedro León.

Stats from La Liga this season:

Jesús Navas (Games Played 37 - 3317 minutes)

Goals 0 - Assists 6 - Key Passes 76 - Dribbles 62 - Crossing 53/269

Pedro León (Games Played 26(3) - 2282 minutes)

Goals 3 - Assists 7 - Key Passes 59 - Dribbles 30 - Crossing 63/227

Source: WhoScored.com

Lionel Messi and his father accused of tax fraud in Spain

Barcelona's Argentina forward Lionel Messi and his father have been accused by Spanish tax authorities of defrauding the state of over £3 million.

wow if true, just wow... rumours it could be 6 years jail if guilty.

wow if true' date=' just wow... rumours it could be 6 years jail if guilty.[/quote']

Calm down. Even if judged guilty, he'll just have to pay a lot, and that's it. Very marginally any jail sentence, but never in this world will he go to jail for years for avoiding taxes.

Lol' date=' not gonna happen.[/quote']
Calm down. Even if judged guilty' date=' he'll just have to pay a lot, and that's it. Very marginally any jail sentence, but never in this world will he go to jail for years for avoiding taxes.[/quote']

Capitalism rule #31:

If you steal a 100, it is a problem for you. If you steal a 100 million, it is a problem for someone else :)

L’Equipe have reported that Paris Saint Germain have begun negotiations with Swansea boss Michael Laudrup to become the new boss, sparking reports that Carlo Ancelotti will take over at Real Madrid.

A Spanish sports show claims Barcelona were preparing to make an audacious bid for the Real Madrid defender according to Spanish TV3

Former Barcelona President Joan Laporta insists he will stand for re-election and is scathingly critical of the current directive.

Schalke’s highly rated midfielder Julian Draxler has claimed that it would be a dream to join Spanish giants Real Madrid or Barcelona in the near future.

The Segunda promotion play-off first leg between Las Palmas and Almeria on Wednesday night was delayed due to the unfortunate injury to Hernan, who was rushed to hospital.The 22-year-old midfielder was involved in a head-to-head aerial clash with Almeria’s Trujillo, landing heavily and apparently unconscious, after which he stayed down on the floor with very little movement.

L’Equipe have reported that Paris Saint Germain have begun negotiations with Swansea boss Michael Laudrup to become the new boss' date=' sparking reports that Carlo Ancelotti will take over at Real Madrid.

A Spanish sports show claims Barcelona were preparing to make an audacious bid for the Real Madrid defender according to Spanish TV3

Former Barcelona President Joan Laporta insists he will stand for re-election and is scathingly critical of the current directive.

Schalke’s highly rated midfielder Julian Draxler has claimed that it would be a dream to join Spanish giants Real Madrid or Barcelona in the near future.

The Segunda promotion play-off first leg between Las Palmas and Almeria on Wednesday night was delayed due to the unfortunate injury to Hernan, who was rushed to hospital.The 22-year-old midfielder was involved in a head-to-head aerial clash with Almeria’s Trujillo, landing heavily and apparently unconscious, after which he stayed down on the floor with very little movement.[/quote']

Laudrup today. I think PSG would be a good shout next season.

"I have repeated it so many times in the last three months. My intention is to stay."

I was surprised he was linked to the job-but I guess with Hiddink reportedly signing an extension with Anzhi they have adopted the Liverpool model of taking a young manager with potential.

Laudrup's not too young at 48, and isn't ever going to be a long term manager. He'll last at clubs for a season or two before moving on, and I'd be very surprised if he was still in management after the age of 55 and by then he'll have probably had a crack at a big European club and at the Danish job.

Laudrup's not too young at 48' date=' and isn't ever going to be a long term manager. He'll last at clubs for a season or two before moving on, and I'd be very surprised if he was still in management after the age of 55 and by then he'll have probably had a crack at a big European club and at the Danish job.[/quote']

young compared to the top managers-with the exception of 1 or two.

I see a BBC report has come out on the issue:

Michael Laudrup says he will stay at Swansea City, despite the club falling out with his agent.

Doubts over Laudrup's future arose when the club severed ties with his agent Bayram Tutumlu, following a dispute over transfer policy.

But Laudrup told the South Wales Evening Post: "I have repeated it so many times in the last three months. My intention is to stay."

He added: "Bayram is my agent and that's not going to change."

Laudrup's future was already uncertain due to a dispute over transfer funds before the club confirmed they had cut ties with his agent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22884328

Really? THE Real Madrid defender?

Trying to build up tension, arampage :P

Hope Laudrup stays at Swansea.

What Draxler says means nothing. People are always quick to point out then that they have to transfer to that club soon then. Probably got asked if he can imagine playing for Real and Barca one day. What's he supposed to say? "Absolutely not!"?

Really? THE Real Madrid defender?

Trying to build up tension' date=' arampage :P

Hope Laudrup stays at Swansea.

What Draxler says means nothing. People are always quick to point out then that they have to transfer to that club soon then. Probably got asked if he can imagine playing for Real and Barca one day. What's he supposed to say? "Absolutely not!"?[/quote']

lol..no and I doubt anyone wants a repeat of the Luis Figo incident :)

Barcelona are set to be interested on Torres' date=' does anyone believe this? Surly he wouldn't be a starter?[/i']

Perhaps this is "The Sun" doing what it does best....smileys-coffee-810335.gif

lol..well he could ...nah he couldnt..

Atletico Madrid are reportedly in the race to sign experienced Malaga central defender Martin Demichelis, who looks likely to leave la Rosaleda in the summer.

According to Álvaro Torres, the agent of Javi Varas, the goalkeeper thoroughly enjoyed his loan spell last season with Celta Vigo and since meeting back up with him in Sevilla, it’s all he’s talked about.

Malaga starlet Isco is in high demand at the moment, and Premier League side Manchester City are confident they hold all the trump cards over Real Madrid in the race for his signature.

Malaga have reportedly entered the race to sign Wigan Athletic central defender Antolin Alcaraz, joining Everton, now managed by former Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

Alvaro Negredo looks set to be destined for a big move to Atlético Madrid, according to reports from both Sevilla and Madrid. Journalists in both cities have suggested that the player has agreed personal terms on a three-year contract at around €2.4 million a year salary, whilst the two clubs remain in negotiations over the transfer fee.

Malaga have reportedly appointed their next coach, with former Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster taking the hotseat at la Rosaleda, according to Sky Sports News in Germany.

Real Madrid have reportedly entered the race to sign highly rated Zenit St Petersburg winger Hulk, with the Brazilian in demand over the summer

pretty interesting rumors http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/

We've been linked heavily with Jordi Amat (£2 million) and Alejandro Pozuelo (Compensation Fee). I haven't seen a lot of either' date=' do people who have think they'd be good signing?[/quote']

Think Albiol Jr. :) with Amat..

Well Rayo plays a high energy pressing game which force the other team to cough up the ball-second in possession and second on shots on goal. Amat has played a very important part in the team-and even scored a 40 yarder. He is comfortable with the ball at his feet but can pick a long pass, however he tends to have lapses in concentration putting hios fellow defenders in problems and his aerial defensive ability still needs work.

Was hoping his two midfield partners -Javi Fuego and Roberto Trashorras would get a look in at a bigger club..

I haven't seen much of Alejandro Pozuelo but he is highly rated by Mel (betis) and can play in AM/wing positions and I think both are decent buys-but far from the finished article.

Think Albiol Jr. :) with Amat..

Well Rayo plays a high energy pressing game which force the other team to cough up the ball-second in possession and second on shots on goal. Amat has played a very important part in the team-and even scored a 40 yarder. He is comfortable with the ball at his feet but can pick a long pass' date=' however he tends to have lapses in concentration putting hios fellow defenders in problems and his aerial defensive ability still needs work.

Was hoping his two midfield partners -Javi Fuego and Roberto Trashorras would get a look in at a bigger club..

I haven't seen much of Alejandro Pozuelo but he is highly rated by Mel (betis) and can play in AM/wing positions and I think both are decent buys-but far from the finished article.[/quote']

Thanks.

Amat sounds good, he's only 21 as well.

A contract dispute with Betis means that Pozuelo has left them, he'd cost us a compensation fee but he's definitely leaving Betis.

Thanks.

Amat sounds good' date=' he's only 21 as well.

[b']A contract dispute with Betis means that Pozuelo has left them,[/b] he'd cost us a compensation fee but he's definitely leaving Betis.

Pity-but may need to be farmed out to toughen up a bit, as in the prem space is premium.

There is real talent in a lot of the la liga sides-and while we are seeing some being cherry picked -a lot in cash strapped clubs are passed over.

Pity-but may need to be farmed out to toughen up a bit' date=' as in the prem space is premium.

There is real talent in a lot of the la liga sides-and while we are seeing some being cherry picked -a lot in cash strapped clubs are passed over.[/quote']

I'm not sure about that, Michu has said a few times that he feels he has a few yards more space in the Premier League then he did in La Liga.

I'd agree that there is a lot of talent in the cash strapped Spanish sides. Real Betis, Rayo Vallecano and Malaga are all teams full of quality.

I'm not sure about that' date=' Michu has said a few times that he feels he has a few yards more space in the Premier League then he did in La Liga.

I'd agree that there is a lot of talent in the cash strapped Spanish sides. Real Betis, Rayo Vallecano and Malaga are all teams full of quality.[/quote']

Well Michu creates his own space

"“If I’m always on the move, so are the defenders marking me, which leaves space and creates more scoring chances.

My biggest strength is bombing into the box as a second line of attack that nobody notices.

“I prefer to play as a No.10 because it’s easier to find that space I offer something different to the smaller playmaker because I’m taller and a bit stronger. They can be overpowered, especially in the area, but I am not. I can understand why I’ve been playing as a centre-forward and I’ll continue as long as the manager picks me, but I love playing off a striker.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-ace-michu-using-2493824

His intelligence, positional sense, work rate and timing in the final third is not found in many players.

Joan Verdú bid farewell to Espanyol on Thursday at a press conference, now reports indicate he’s in Greece.

Malaga winger Joaquin has completed his move to Fiorentina and has spoken of his joy and ambition to play in the Serie A.

New Barcelona signing Neymar will be under maximum security during the Confederation Cup after the Brazilian Football Association drafted in tanks, snipers and heavy artillery for the tournament.

Spain Under-21 coach Julen Lopetegui has hailed his side’s performances as they made it three wins out of three in the group stage of the European Championships in Israel

Barcelona has put Laurent Koscielny as their backup plan if they couldn't land Thiago Silva .

Bernd Schuster is Malaga's new coach until 2018 .

Arsenal offers 30M to land the Argentinian Striker Gonzalo Higuain .

Diego Ribas rejected an offer from Qatar preparing to move to Atletico Madrid.

Ancelotti is only 2 M euros away from Real Madrid as PSG officials agreed to lower the compensation payment to 2M euros .