Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Did you just say Pep? :D

Yup-highly doubt it though..and I think promoting Eusebio would be ridiculous. Barca doesnt really need a coach -their system does the coaching they need a tactician a Hiddink ' date=' Lippi..

Hope its in the early stages and he recovers quickly.

Doubt it is -as with the relapses he has been having and its virulence -might be stage 2 or 3.

some other contenders for the post from various news sources:

Frank de Boer

Joan Francesc Ferrer ‘Rubi’

Jupp Heynckes- "doubtful IMO"

Marcelo Bielsa

Michael Laudrup

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/20/five-potential-villanova-replacements-as-barcelona-manager/

Transfer news summary

http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/transfers/transfers13141a.php

Let's talk a bit of football and wish the best to Tito.

One option is Rubi, I like very much him, he has done an outstanding season with Girona, but, here, in Barcelona, press say that the substitute won't be anyone of the actual staff.

Best palced, according to press, are Luis Enrique (€3M clause with Celta) and Martino, free agent, former manager of Newell's. Also Heynckes, Rijkaard and Bielsa sound as possible.

I'd love to see Heynckes arriving at Barcelona, but I think Luis Enrique or even the return of the immens Frank Rijkaard would be good choices. I don't see Bielsa coming and I personally don't know anything about Martino.

Anyway, I think all of them would be better than Tito.

One option is Rubi' date=' I like very much him, he has done an outstanding season with Girona, but, here, in Barcelona, press say that the substitute won't be anyone of the actual staff.

Best palced, according to press, are Luis Enrique (€3M clause with Celta) and Martino, free agent, former manager of Newell's. Also Heynckes, Rijkaard and Bielsa sound as possible.

I'd love to see Heynckes arriving at Barcelona, but I think Luis Enrique or even the return of the immens Frank Rijkaard would be good choices. [b']I don't see Bielsa coming [/b]and I personally don't know anything about Martino.

Anyway, I think all of them would be better than Tito.

Why not? He's a quality and experienced coach. IMO Barca should give it to him.

Luis Enrique is a good shout.

hope not as he's unproven at that level

One option is Rubi' date=' I like very much him, he has done an outstanding season with Girona, but, here, in Barcelona, press say that the substitute won't be anyone of the actual staff.

I'd love to see Heynckes arriving at Barcelona, but I think Luis Enrique or even the return of the immens Frank Rijkaard would be good choices. I don't see Bielsa coming and I personally don't know anything about Martino.

Anyway, I think all of them would be better than Tito.[/quote']

Maybe they may choose to for AVB as is touted, but would be awesome if they could convince Klopp

Nah Biesla is a good coach but a bit of a hot head..

hope not as he's unproven at that level

Maybe they may choose to for AVB as is touted' date=' but would be awesome if they could convince Klopp

Nah Biesla is a good coach but a bit of a hot head..[/quote']

Guardiola was unproven when he took over......

It is the man they look at not his history at Barcelona

First of all players don't want him, they knew crazy stories about him from Athletic's players. He is a very though coach. And I think Sandruscu doesn't want him either, he wants to keep calm in the squad.

About Klopp I think is an unbelievable: considering Dortmund accepts his transfer, he doesn't know either Spanish or Catalan so it will be very difficult to talk with players (few of them speak English) and this is a key point.

Well, anyway tomorrow we will know who is the choosen :)

Guardiola was unproven when he took over......

It is the man they look at not his history at Barcelona

Pep was less of a risk as he was exposed to a large variety of playing styles' date=' the team was virtually unbeatable and he and Tito were part of the B side coaching set up...

First of all players don't want him, they knew crazy stories about him from Athletic's players. He is a very though coach. And I think Sandruscu doesn't want him either, he wants to keep calm in the squad.

About Klopp I think is an unbelievable: considering Dortmund accepts his transfer, he doesn't know either Spanish or Catalan so it will be very difficult to talk with players (few of them speak English) and this is a key point.

Well, anyway tomorrow we will know who is the choosen :)

I dunno maybe it's a South American? You be interesting whoever gets it..

Pep was less of a risk as he was exposed to a large variety of playing styles' date=' the team was virtually unbeatable and he and Tito were part of the B side coaching set up...

I dunno maybe it's a South American? You be interesting whoever gets it..[/quote']

He was inexperienced and that is the point, seems like a pretty weak argument. Luis Enrique had a stellar career and has certainly throughout his life been introduced to many styles of play Both as a player and within his time in the coaching set up I don't get your point as he spent 3 years working at Barca B along with his spell at Roma which would have taught him a lot.

More importantly he is ingrained in Barcelona he understands the philosophy, what the club stands for and would be a reasonably popular choice with the fans given what he achieved for the club. There is ony one side Barca ever has to beat anyhow so not the most demanding, no idea if he would or should get it but he has just as much if not more credentials as any of Pep, Tito or Rijkaard did before they got the job.

He was inexperienced and that is the point' date=' seems like a pretty weak argument. Luis Enrique had a stellar career and has certainly throughout his life been introduced to many styles of play Both as a player and within his time in the coaching set up I don't get your point as he spent 3 years working at Barca B along with his spell at Roma which would have taught him a lot.

More importantly he is ingrained in Barcelona he understands the philosophy, what the club stands for and would be a reasonably popular choice with the fans given what he achieved for the club. There is ony one side Barca ever has to beat anyhow so not the most demanding, no idea if he would or should get it but he has just as much if not more credentials as any of Pep, Tito or Rijkaard did before they got the job.[/quote']

I don't know while they may choose Enrique I am not sure he's in the same mould as Pep with regards to coaching ability as he's known these days for a more fitness approach. However it seems he may well be appointed since Celta has not registered him as yet, and he has worked (as you intimated) with both Tito and Guardiola in the youth set up.

With regards to the understanding of Barca's system-I am apprehensive about them going for an insider again-for while it signals continuity it leaves less (as opposed to no) room for improvement of Barca's style-I refer to the inculcation of other tactics to their arsenal.

Martino is referred to as Messi's choice and might be worth a look with his attacking play at Newells.

Here's goal.com take on it

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/07/21/4130935/luis-enrique-martino-or-laudrup-what-it-takes-to-be

Nice to see Real Madrid giving Bournemouth fans some value for their £60 match tickets.

First XI - D.Lopez' date=' Pepe, Coentrao, Khedira, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Carvajal, Macho, Modric, Isco[/quote']

Do you mean Nacho? :) Lovely stuff and I really want to see how Ozil and Isco team up.

I am a bit late though as I just realized the second half started. :o Ahh well , you can't argue against church in the first half!

Nice simple goal by Higuain!

Nice to see Real Madrid giving Bournemouth fans some value for their £60 match tickets.

First XI - D.Lopez' date=' Pepe, Coentrao, Khedira, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Carvajal, Nacho, Modric, Isco[/quote']

£60 to see Real Madrid you have got to be joking?

taken from Marca..

Barcelona has already decided who will replace Tito Vilanova as its first-team coach. Gerardo 'Tata' Martino, who is not currently managing a team, is the Catalan Club's first-choice.

Antonio Adán could be staying in Madrid next season. The keeper has not been included in Carlo Ancelotti's new project and Real Madrid has given him permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Real Madrid did not mention how much the deal is worth in its press release, but the club will receive €11 million for Raúl Albiol. Napoli stated that Albiol has signed on a four-year deal.

Despite not being amongst the favourites to take over the reins at Barça following Tito Vilanova's departure, the fans' preference is Marcelo Bielsa. The former Athletic de Bilbao manager would be the first-choice option for 37.6% of the online readers who took part in the poll at MARCA.com.

With Portuguese full back Fabio Coentrao looking odds-on to leave Real Madrid, the club has begun scouring the market for a suitable candidate to fill his shoes. 'Los Blancos' believe they have found just the man in Granada's Guilherme Madalena Siqueira.

So there are 3 main front runners for the Barca job at the moment, being Biesla, Luis Enrique and Martino:

In Marca.com it was voted as:

Marcelo Biesla - 37.6%

Luis Enrique - 27.4%

Tata Martino - 11.9%

Michael Laudrup - 9.1%

Andre Villas Boas - 7.0%

Rubi - 7.0%

The Barca board are seemingly not too keen on Biesla, and Luis Enrique is pretty much tied up with Celta as he has only just signed and would cost around €3m to trigger is release clause.

Martino looks to be the one, Messi has already stated his preference, and he is apparently on his way to Spain to talk to Zubizarreta.

Rubi will continue to manage until a fulltime appointment comes in.

Sorry, but it's a translation of google:

Some coaches are offered ...

Although the club had no intention of making public that Tito Vilanova today resigned from his post to focus on to fight their disease, rumors began to spread through social networks on Friday morning that the club eventually precipitating afternoon advanced to Also on Friday the news that Tito Vilanova not continue on the bench for Barça.

Since the end upon the President Sandro Rosell, the house phones sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, Barca and sports vice president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, have become the target of many coaching agents, whose clients dream of running at Barcelona.

Of those that have been offered, there are three or four first swords, although very different profile and different also working situations.

One of them is Portuguese Villas-Boas, who despite being currently managing Tottenham Gareth Bale would have no problem in leaving London to lead the team squad. The former Porto and Chelsea coach is not the first time showing his preference for the club, as on previous occasions had bitten Camp Nou door. Villas-Boas is a pleasure to coach Barca technical secretary, but the economic requirements of Tottenham chairman would make it very difficult to hire. Even so, and despite being on the podium Zubizarreta preferences, would be the third option of the alternatives.

Roberto Mancini, also

Another would be happy to take over from Tito Vilanova in the Barca bench is Roberto Mancini. The technical ex-champion Manchester City in the Premier 2011-12 - currently unemployed, dreams of the option to train Leo Messi, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta and Co., but his profile does not fit football with Barca

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130722/fc-barcelona/entrenadores-ofrecimiento-banquillo-barca_54377745540.html#ixzz2ZmN0T3ZG

Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

I can't stop laughting hahaahahah

But good point of this new is AVB, I think he would be a good coach for FCB.

Guus Hiddink has quit Anzhi' date=' sparking rumours he could join Barcelona[/quote']

That would be AMAZING!!!

He's in my top three (in order) :

Hiddink

Ancelotti

Mourinho

I'd be well jealous, I wanted him at Chelsea before and after Mourinho!!

That would be AMAZING!!!

He's in my top three (in order) :

Hiddink

Ancelotti

Mourinho

I'd be well jealous' date=' I wanted him at Chelsea before and after Mourinho!![/quote']

Yeah he's a great manager. But hasn't got too long left in him. Perhaps Barcelona as one final challenge :)

Real Madrid striker, Gonzalo Higuain has finally accepted a €35 million offer to join Italian Serie A giants, Napoli after Real Madrid had agreed to the deal several days ago.

Former Newell’s Old Boys manager, Tata Martino has denied reports stating that he has officially signed on to be the new manager at Barcelona.

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly raised their bid from €24 million to €26 million plus variables in their attempts to sign Valencia striker, Roberto Soldado.

Real Madrid striker' date=' Gonzalo Higuain has finally accepted a €35 million offer to join Italian Serie A giants, Napoli after Real Madrid had agreed to the deal several days ago.[/quote']

37111112.jpg

After all that saga, It's finally "hopefully" been put to rest. Arampage , in your opinion, do you think He'll be successful in the Serie A?