Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread

37111112.jpg

After all that saga' date=' It's finally "hopefully" been put to rest. Arampage , in your opinion, do you think He'll be successful in the Serie A?[/quote']

Well one can hope :) as goal.com is reporting the deal has not been finalised

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/07/22/4134325/ancelotti-denies-higuain-to-napoli-deal

Anyway he certainly has the tools (movement, goal scoring ability, clinical, assists and timing)to succeed in Serie A -but the answer lies in the use that Benitez puts him too. As a replacement for El Matador though he may have a bit of work to do.

If we assume that Benitez remains the Benitez of old, Napoli are likely to play in a 4-2-3-1 formation with two holding midfielders backing a line of three attacking midfielders/forwards and a lone striker up top. That would be consistent with his buying Mertens who can play all the AM positions. So We might see Merten at false 9 and Hamsik as a playmaker to take advantage of his passing. So I would expect Higuain to play up top causing the CB to squeeze him out freeing up space on the wings. Higuain's fluidity will give him an advantage.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Ive scored 92 in a season as an edited player on Pro Evo 11 does that count?

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread Raz, you see Bale scored a hattrick? Been a bit quiet tonight so presuming you have

Re: Official Spanish La Liga Discussion Thread G Ronaldo would still be gutted if one of the other Ronaldos scored lol.

Real Madrid striker' date=' Gonzalo Higuain has finally accepted a €35 million offer to join Italian Serie A giants, Napoli after Real Madrid had agreed to the deal several days ago.[/quote']

Very good replacement for Napoli, overpaid a bit but totally worth it!

Arsenal fans must feel really bad :D

Very good replacement for Napoli' date=' overpaid a bit but totally worth it!

Arsenal fans must feel really bad :D[/quote']

Higuain should be a great fit at Napoli

:o Nah not that bad but I am in the minority-a bit of an odd duck Arsenal fan myself. Would rather we get Philipp Wollscheid or Lille’s Marko Basa, a CB, a true winger and I would be happy :)

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino is the new FC Barcelona manager. The Argentinean manager has signed a three-season deal to run the 'Azulgrana' outfit.

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/22/en/football/barcelona/1374513189.html

Solari also claims that the school of football that Martino modelled himself on is very similar to Barcelona's. "Passing is essential. We train players at Renato Cesarini and Newell's with a very definite aesthetic aim. Martino thrived on that, on respect for the game and for triangulations."

Regarding the comparison with Bielsa he says: "They are different. Bielsa is more tactical, stricter on order in the team. Martino opts for a freer, more creative game, Barça-style."

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/22/en/football/barcelona/1374479102.html

Pipita gonna be the best player in Serie A.He's simply outstanding!

Nah' date=' I can't see that. :)

Cavani was probably the best player in Serie A,wasn't he?Well,Higuain can be at least as good as him though I can't argue about Serie A :o

He was probably the best last season. Can Higuain be as good as El Matador? I don't know, He's replacing someone quite special. I'm not saying Higuain isn't special but Cavani imo is on another level. However, I know with Hamsik's help and playmaking behind with Mertens and Insigne also behind him, He'll have all the tools to be successful. :)

Well one can hope :) as goal.com is reporting the deal has not been finalised

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/07/22/4134325/ancelotti-denies-higuain-to-napoli-deal

Anyway he certainly has the tools (movement' date=' goal scoring ability, clinical, assists and timing)to succeed in Serie A -but the answer lies in the use that Benitez puts him too. As a replacement for El Matador though he may have a bit of work to do.

If we assume that Benitez remains the Benitez of old, Napoli are likely to play in a 4-2-3-1 formation with two holding midfielders backing a line of three attacking midfielders/forwards and a lone striker up top. That would be consistent with his buying Mertens who can play all the AM positions. So We might see Merten at false 9 and Hamsik as a playmaker to take advantage of his passing. So I would expect Higuain to play up top causing the CB to squeeze him out freeing up space on the wings. Higuain's fluidity will give him an advantage.[/quote']

Thanks very much Arampage. :) I reckon Hamsik is going to be the bigger player in Napoli's plans this year as It's his time to shine. Mertens was definitely a steal imo for Napoli for the amount they got him for.

Insigne, Hamsik, and Mertens look deadly behind Higuain! :)

Thanks very much Arampage. :) I reckon Hamsik is going to be the bigger player in Napoli's plans this year as It's his time to shine. Mertens was definitely a steal imo for Napoli for the amount they got him for.

Insigne' date=' Hamsik, and Mertens look deadly behind Higuain! :)[/quote']

Yeah as his passing skills will be the key to unlocking defenses and creating space. That said if they get a world class DM they would be pretty dangerous-and more importantly consistently so.

Very Risky appointment for Barcelona and one I cant quite fathom.

The guy has very limited experience for what Barcelona will be aiming for. he clearly done a decent job at Newells winning them the title and had limited success with Paraguay however the style of play has to be said was pretty average to say the least and nothing else in his record suggests he is qualified for such a job.

- Never managed in Europe

- Never managed in any Uefa competitions

- A seemingly rigid style of playing

- never really managed any superstars

- Not got any knowledge of the "Barca Philosophy" and not engrained in there culture

It is a strange one for me half of me thinks this was done purely on Messi's "approval" and Rossell is well known for exactly being the strongest of individuals and may well have conformed to "messi's view"

It don't strike me as a perfect marriage initially but we will have to see how it goes, the real question will be the performance in Europe because domestically they are gunna win nearly every game regardless of who is in charge they are so superior to everybody bar Madrid.

Sevilla have reportedly signed Paris Saint Germain striker, Kevin Gameiro for a fee of €7.5 million plus €1.5 million.

According to Te Interesa, after weeks of negotiating, Paris Saint Germain has agreed to sell the wantway striker to Sevilla for a deal that could reach up to €9 million total.

Towering central defender Alberto Botía will join fellow Sevilla players Manu del Moral and Miroslav Stevanovic, on a season-long loan at newly promoted Elche.

With his future a question of doubt for many months at Sevilla, after coming close to leaving during the January transfer window, Alberto Botia is now heading for Elche on loan, according to Estadio Deportivo.

Sevilla and Real Madrid have reportedly reached a €15 million agreement for France U20 star defensive midfielder, Geoffrey Kondogbia.According to Mundo Futbol, Sevilla and Real Madrid have reached a principal agreement but have not finalised all the details.

On Sunday night, Liga Adelante side Cordoba CF confirmed that defender Eduard Campabadal – more simply known as “Edu” – has signed from Wigan Athletic. The player has penned a two-year contract with the Andaluz club, with an option to extend for a third year.

Cordoba have completed the signing of former Deportivo and Newcastle striker Xisco on a three-year deal.

Tottenham have taken a break from negotiations with Valencia over the transfer of striker Roberto Soldado after Los Che refused to agree to anything less than their €30 million asking price.

Transfer news: Gareth Bale has agreed a move to Real Madrid after telling Tottenham he wants to leave - reports

Spanish newspaper Marca claim that Bale will move to Spain for £85m and is set to sign a six-year-deal http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-gareth-bale-has-agreed-a-move-to-real-madrid-after-telling-tottenham-he-wants-to-leave--reports-8728311.html

Unsure about this one...

Manchester United are reportedly going to give their attempt at signing Barcelona midfielder, Cesc Fabregas one last attempt following two rejected bids, the Red Devils will offer €41 million for the Spanish international. Manchester United will offer €41 million and walk away should Barcelona reject

I hope finally Barça accepts the bid of ManU for Cesc' date=' pretty awful these last seasons. And 40M is a good deal, I think we can sign some great players with so much money.[/quote']

not gonna happen you won't get much better players than Cesc

Or pay off some debt.

not gonna happen