GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! I've been sitting here for some weeks now, waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of ti

So with all the new Gold Championships popping up all the time we could attempt to make 150 special. Creating this thread to see what League(s)/Country(s) everyone would be interested in joining. Fil

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information. The point is a lot of people

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Not specifying any leagues here, just saying that it's probably best if you decide on more than one league. If this gets done right I'm sure it will be very popular so maybe two of the big leagues and a smaller more challenging one should be chosen. Depends on numbers I guess :)

Why?: Well in Spain there is not a massive Gap between your top clubs ie Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, to your medioka clubs like Villarreal, Deportivio, Sevilla and then your smaller teams like Racing Santander, Sporting, Malaga etc and It be an open competetive league, where as in EPL theres a bigger gap between Chelsea and say Blackpool and West Brom, and Spain could be a fun league to do I reckon :)

Just thinking there.... Does it have to be GC150? It doesnt really matter what number GC it is so to speak, its who we get in it.

Take GC19 for example, a random number, not a milestone GC just packed with forumers!

Or will we just do GC150?

There is no point in rushing this by picking an up and coming GC. Best to let people get familiar with the idea and hopefully build up a head of steam before deciding on a GC to enter.

I'm more than happy to join any league but as LinkinP mentioned earlier, I'd be hoping that it would be far more than one country we'd be concentrating on. And lets not forget that there are plenty of non-forumer SM'ers that will be vying for clubs.

I just wish there was some way to convince people to remain with their clubs and reap the benefit of an active and competitive flourishing GC. After all, that's what we all want.

But only so many people can have success every season. Lets not quit if the going gets ever so slightly tough.

There is no point in rushing this by picking an up and coming GC. Best to let people get familiar with the idea and hopefully build up a head of steam before deciding on a GC to enter.

I'm more than happy to join any league but as LinkinP mentioned earlier' date=' I'd be hoping that it would be far more than one country we'd be concentrating on. And lets not forget that there are plenty of non-forumer SM'ers that will be vying for clubs.

I just wish there was some way to convince people to remain with their clubs and reap the benefit of an active and competitive flourishing GC. After all, that's what we all want.

But only so many people can have success every season. Lets not quit if the going gets ever so slightly tough.[/quote']

Can't see GC150 happening for another month so we have plenty of time.

Yeah, great stuff. This thread is for putting ideas forward.

I'm more than happy to join any league but as LinkinP mentioned earlier' date=' I'd be hoping that it would be far more than one country we'd be concentrating on. And lets not forget that there are plenty of non-forumer SM'ers that will be vying for clubs.

But only so many people can have success every season. Lets not quit if the going gets ever so slightly tough.[/quote']

There are always going to be the usual suspects that drop out when they lose, and even more when people decided to have their weekly "I've got too many teams" cut, but if you can get the main forumers in the league it really could turn out great. If it gets that good, people may even be desperate to get in when others do quit in a similar way to EC106.

Guest JackWWFC

Nah its too small a league so once one person quits....

Don't bother pick a league' date=' we just get as many forumers as possible to join where ever they want![/quote']

Russia is a big league with fairly good players.. and hardly any random people join it either.

Not specifying any leagues here' date=' just saying that it's probably best if you decide on more than one league. If this gets done right I'm sure it will be very popular so maybe two of the big leagues and a smaller more challenging one should be chosen. Depends on numbers I guess :)[/quote']

This^^

We've all tried joining the same league as a challenge and such and never really works out. But multiple leagues would create even more buzz and attract more forumers.

Call me cynical but if you post ahead of time which GC we all will join isn't it almost inevitable that SM will make that one of the paying GC's?

Instead, why not make it the first free GC from 150 onwards? I know it is a bit more ambigious, and of course giving money to SM can surely only benefit us all in the long run, but this way all forumers have equal chance of entering and getting a decent team. :eek:

Of course, in an ideal world SM would commit to ensuring that GC 150 was free as a reward to forumers for helping SM make it the game it is. But surely that wouldn't happen, would it? :rolleyes:

Call me cynical but if you post ahead of time which GC we all will join isn't it almost inevitable that SM will make that one of the paying GC's?

Instead' date=' why not make it the first free GC from 150 onwards? I know it is a bit more ambigious, and of course giving money to SM can surely only benefit us all in the long run, but this way all forumers have equal chance of entering and getting a decent team. :eek:

Of course, in an ideal world SM would commit to ensuring that GC 150 was free as a reward to forumers for helping SM make it the game it is. But surely that wouldn't happen, would it? :rolleyes:[/quote']

You actually think a SM dev would come onto the forum, scout around a few sections on the off chance that they would see a thread like this. Then just to spite around 15 people decide to charge entry to this GC, purely because a bunch of forumers were planning on entering a GC :D:P

Im not joining this but its easier for people to keep an eye when they know what number GC they need to join. Not to mention no one ever knows when the next free one is . . . if there ever will be one. Everyone has the same chance at getting a good team when they pay, if you dont want to pay. Wait out and join a smaller team B)

You actually think a SM dev would come onto the forum' date=' scout around a few sections on the off chance that they would see a thread like this. Then just to spite around 15 people decide to charge entry to this GC, purely because a bunch of forumers were planning on entering a GC :D:P

Im not joining this but its easier for people to keep an eye when they know what number GC they need to join. Not to mention no one ever knows when the next free one is . . . if there ever will be one. Everyone has the same chance at getting a good team when they pay, if you dont want to pay. Wait out and join a smaller team B)[/quote']

Not really, but like I say I'm pretty cynical about these things, especially where money is involved. Maybe not on SM, but experience has taught me that that's the way the world works.

But surely SM must keep an eye on the forums from time to time? Would it be just as unlikely then that an SM dev would keep an eye on the forums so that they could take the opportunity to give something back to those forumers that have made it what it is? Probably. Shame.

And I was just trying to suggest a way to give an equal opportunity for all forumers to get a decent team, rather than just the monied ones. But hey, why worry about fairness?

In theory, I think this is a great idea. But to get a league forum memebrs, we'd have to invade say...a continent? Like The americas. So Brazil, Argentina and America? And take those three leagues?

I'm pretty uw to all this, but I'd be definately interested in joining a competitive league where you knew people were in it for the long haul rather than dropping out when they lose 3 on the spin.

Not really' date=' but like I say I'm pretty cynical about these things, especially where money is involved. Maybe not on SM, but experience has taught me that that's the way the world works.

But surely SM must keep an eye on the forums from time to time? Would it be just as unlikely then that an SM dev would keep an eye on the forums so that they could take the opportunity to give something back to those forumers that have made it what it is? Probably. Shame.

And I was just trying to suggest a way to give an equal opportunity for all forumers to get a decent team, rather than just the monied ones. But hey, why worry about fairness?[/quote']

Jooles, im a fairly cynical man myself. I was just bored on a horrendous night shift at work and was on the wind up :o

GC150 will most likely be a reserve one anyway, lets be frank, 9/10 GC's are reserve only. So the chances of GC150 being free are slim. With them being created so rarely, its not worth the wait and uncertainity. Better to pick a GC, go for it, and hope its free. If not, people who dont wish to pay can pick up the clubs left, teams such as Dynamo Kiev were left unreserved from the last GC ! and besides the point of this idea is not that everyone gets "big" teams, its that its a forumer filled, and more importantly active setup.

I think GC150 was picked, not plucked from obscurity because of the number it is, a milestone so to speak.

Yeah the devs do keep an eye on the forums, but i doubt they will really read this and think, im gonna screw them over :D When they were probably planning on screwing us all over anyway !

Back to the fairness / money issue. If people were only joining this idea of joining a GC to make it active on the basis that they would have a good team, it doesnt matter, as they probably would of not got one anyway.