GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Kez

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

There is no set creation date for any Gold Setup. Dates or times aren't disclosed and when 150 opens it will just appear on the side of your homepage. It's been nearly 2 months so it should be created soon but anything is possible. You'll have to just sit and refresh like the rest of us lol. Good luck getting the team you want though.

Thanks for the reply man. So it won't show at the reserve a club space on the add a team page? Anyhow, I was hoping I could get PSV, or maybe Lyon. Thanks again for the quick reply, good luck to you, too

Thanks for the reply man. So it won't show at the reserve a club space on the add a team page? Anyhow' date=' I was hoping I could get PSV, or maybe Lyon. Thanks again for the quick reply, good luck to you, too[/quote']

It will show up on the add a team page also. PSV should hang around for a while but with the demand being high for GC 150, i'd be happy with Leeds United. I do hope i'm on at the exact moment it is created though as Barcelona would be awesome in this league.

I decided to actually backread this thread to see if anyone had decided on a league that we were going to target. I got through 5 or 6 pages before giving up because it's pretty much garbage.

I personally think that picking a certain league is going to fail because people WILL get bored of finishing at the bottom end of the table.

I picked up a destroyed Blackburn side in GC1 about 12 weeks ago. I've spent months trying to get this side to be competative and i've only just started to win some games. When i got the Blackburn side, it was sitting last, 8 points behind and facing relegation. I worked hard and have made up this deficit, beating some of the leagues best sides.

What i'm trying to say is that unless people have the desire to want to compete (even with a rubbish side) picking a certain league would end up folding.

What would be better is each forumer going at the best teams in each league and meeting in the SMFA competitions. This would spread everyone apart, opening up the transfer list but would also mean that we'd end up with 2-8 forumers in each league.

Personally, i'm going to see if i can pick up a good side but if I miss the creation of the league, i'll end up managing the lowest rated team in the game world (Considering I like the club, Home United or 12 de Octubre would be good) and trying to build that club into a position to challenge for SMFA honours.

I decided to actually backread this thread to see if anyone had decided on a league that we were going to target. I got through 5 or 6 pages before giving up because it's pretty much garbage.

I personally think that picking a certain league is going to fail because people WILL get bored of finishing at the bottom end of the table.

I picked up a destroyed Blackburn side in GC1 about 12 weeks ago. I've spent months trying to get this side to be competative and i've only just started to win some games. When i got the Blackburn side' date=' it was sitting last, 8 points behind and facing relegation. I worked hard and have made up this deficit, beating some of the leagues best sides.

What i'm trying to say is that unless people have the desire to want to compete (even with a rubbish side) picking a certain league would end up folding.

What would be better is each forumer going at the best teams in each league and meeting in the SMFA competitions. This would spread everyone apart, opening up the transfer list but would also mean that we'd end up with 2-8 forumers in each league.

Personally, i'm going to see if i can pick up a good side but if I miss the creation of the league, i'll end up managing the lowest rated team in the game world (Considering I like the club, Home United or 12 de Octubre would be good) and trying to build that club into a position to challenge for SMFA honours.[/font']

What an annoying font.

The point is, if you don't WANT to be in the league you don't have to be. It's just a thread to ask what people would like to do for it. People who are interested are the ones who will have the drive to compete. There is also the satisfaction of doing well with a small side.

If you think the thread is pretty much garbage, there's no pressure on you to join in this forum activity.

What an annoying font.

The point is' date=' if you don't WANT to be in the league you don't have to be. It's just a thread to ask what people would like to do for it. People who are interested are the ones who will have the drive to compete. There is also the satisfaction of doing well with a small side.

If you think the thread is pretty much garbage, there's no pressure on you to join in this forum activity.[/quote']

I was going to reply like this but after jumping on my laptop i can clearly see why you say it's annoying. Having the tower hooked into the flatscreen gives a different view of the font.

I didn't state that the thread was garbage, i stated that backreading through 6 pages was garbage, which it is because it answers nothing. I'm all for joining in and having a GC Setup where we can actually discuss the league instead of another championship without transfers and an active forum.

As for stating about having people split up into different leagues, it will end up that way regardless. GC 150 will be here soon and nobody has decided on a league to join so therefore your argument is invalid.

What i wrote, before you decided to go ranting, was "that unless people have the desire to want to compete (even with a rubbish side) picking a certain league would end up folding", which is exactly what you wrote in the end.

Clearly, and for no reason, you've decided to fly off the handle and make yourself look stupid by basically getting angry and saying the exact same thing as what I said.

Regardless of who I end up managing, I will try and be competative in every competition that I'm involved it and still be active on the forum. It doesn't matter whether i'm in a "Forum League" or not.

I was going to reply like this but after jumping on my laptop i can clearly see why you say it's annoying. Having the tower hooked into the flatscreen gives a different view of the font.

I didn't state that the thread was garbage' date=' i stated that backreading through 6 pages was garbage, which it is because it answers nothing. I'm all for joining in and having a GC Setup where we can actually discuss the league instead of another championship without transfers and an active forum.

As for stating about having people split up into different leagues, it will end up that way regardless. GC 150 will be here soon and nobody has decided on a league to join so therefore your argument is invalid.

What i wrote, before you decided to go ranting, was "that unless people have the desire to want to compete (even with a rubbish side) picking a certain league would end up folding", which is exactly what you wrote in the end.

Clearly, and for no reason, you've decided to fly off the handle and make yourself look stupid by basically getting angry and saying the exact same thing as what I said.

Regardless of who I end up managing, I will try and be competative in every competition that I'm involved it and still be active on the forum. It doesn't matter whether i'm in a "Forum League" or not. [/size']

I'm not annoyed, don't worry.

It's only an idea to plan it, we planned Germany 100 and it's arguably the most exciting forum league there is right now!

I apologize if I sounded mad.

I've been sitting here for some weeks now' date=' waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of time on SM, looking to the right of their homepage every time they refresh? I think my girlfriend will leave me soon, which makes me worry because when i go to close the door behind her, the game world will get created and i'll miss Barcelona.[/center']

You can't even be serious? Really?

I don't understand all these "You can't be serious" posts. OBVIOUSLY HES NOT SERIOUS GUYS' date=' its a joke! Gave me a good laugh though :P[/quote']

Who said anything about Joking? If i get Barcelona, i WILL leave my girlfriend to make sure I'm always online.

Pardon my ignorance fellows' date=' but where and when can one find out about the GC 150's creation date? If anybody is kind enough to share that info, I'd appreciate it, thank you[/quote']

They will make it when they feel like it.

Nuff said, it's best I don't say what I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just got back to SM after a year and a bit out of it so i have completly lost track of how they do things. Its good to see that theres a large gap between GC's now though, i remember a year or so back when they went on that mad period of doing a gc a week or something, complete joke that was!

Im not fussed who i get really i like the sound of this forum league though. Very doubtful i will be on SM the day its created and by the looks of this thread there are a lot of you waiting around for it.. If by luck i am in the day its made then i will probably be after Bayern or Dortmund..

I would say that the single biggest reason that many of the GC set-ups fall flat is that those committed to it (like most on this thread for GC150) will also likely be the ones that bag the best teams. As a result there's less incentive for the less committed to stick around as they can only pick up lesser teams' date=' and so over time the league falls flat.

You'll probably not like this suggestion but if you really want to make it work then you (the ones most committed to sticking around in the league) should also commit to taking lesser-rated teams, trying to bring in less experience forumers into the GC by giving them the incentive of getting a better team and/or pursuading those who get the best teams to become active forumers.

Otherwise, if 20 of you bag the best teams or commit to one league then over time all that's going to happen is other than you 20 all others will eventually drift away. So I guess it's all a question of what you are looking for here, a forum filled GC (then commit to taking lower teams, encouraging the less committed forumers to then join with the bigger clubs), or a competative forum-oriented GC, then try and fill one or two leagues.[/quote']

This is a great suggestion in theory, but in practice i dont think some forumers on here will be able to help themselves if they happen to be in the day its created and see all the top teams avaliable.. I may be wrong but thats just the feeling i have..

I did say i wanted Bayern or Dortmund but after reading this and i new for a fact say the EPL for arguments sake was going to be the forumers div then i would happily take alesser team like Blackburn Wigan etc.

We will see i suppose but if everyone agreed to this it would certainly make it interesting.

Quite looking forward to this set-up, never been involved in a GC from the start, where i actually get to pick a team.......well atleast one i like (i guess we all wish we could have that luxury though!).

As i am a complete Gold Novice, i have a question.

I am not currently a gold subscriber, therefore if GC 150 opened tonight would i be able to reserve a team for that 10-15 min period or would i need to actually be a gold subscriber before i can do that?

Cheers.

Quite looking forward to this set-up' date=' never been involved in a GC from the start, where i actually get to pick a team.......well atleast one i like (i guess we all wish we could have that luxury though!).

As i am a complete Gold Novice, i have a question.

I am not currently a gold subscriber, therefore if GC 150 opened tonight would i be able to reserve a team for that 10-15 min period or would i need to actually be a gold subscriber before i can do that?

Cheers.[/quote']

No im pretty certain you have to be a Gold member to begin with to have the ability to reserve a team. I may be wrong though if any one else knows any more?

Guest Daragh

Have limited myself to three sides, so have one more slot to fill. Anyone thinking of joining France? Think I'll go for Auxerre. Would like a few forumers to join France though :o

Have limited myself to three sides' date=' so have one more slot to fill. Anyone thinking of joining France? Think I'll go for Auxerre. Would like a few forumers to join France though :o[/quote']

I'll take any team, if I'm online on time, which I wont be, I'll go for Lille, if not them maybe PSG, Rennes Saint Ettiene or Lorient...