GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Respuesta: Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Why?: Well in Spain there is not a massive Gap between your top clubs ie Barcelona' date=' Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, to your medioka clubs like Villarreal, Deportivio, Sevilla and then your smaller teams like Racing Santander, Sporting, Malaga etc and It be an open competetive league, where as in EPL theres a bigger gap between Chelsea and say Blackpool and West Brom, and Spain could be a fun league to do I reckon :)[/quote']

Same here.:)

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! I've been sitting here for some weeks now, waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of ti

So with all the new Gold Championships popping up all the time we could attempt to make 150 special. Creating this thread to see what League(s)/Country(s) everyone would be interested in joining. Fil

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information. The point is a lot of people

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Jooles' date=' im a fairly cynical man myself. I was just bored on a horrendous night shift at work and was on the wind up :o

GC150 will most likely be a reserve one anyway, lets be frank, 9/10 GC's are reserve only. So the chances of GC150 being free are slim. With them being created so rarely, its not worth the wait and uncertainity. Better to pick a GC, go for it, and hope its free. If not, people who dont wish to pay can pick up the clubs left, teams such as Dynamo Kiev were left unreserved from the last GC ! and besides the point of this idea is not that everyone gets "big" teams, its that its a forumer filled, and more importantly active setup.

I think GC150 was picked, not plucked from obscurity because of the number it is, a milestone so to speak.

Yeah the devs do keep an eye on the forums, but i doubt they will really read this and think, im gonna screw them over :D When they were probably planning on screwing us all over anyway !

Back to the fairness / money issue. If people were only joining this idea of joining a GC to make it active on the basis that they would have a good team, it doesnt matter, as they probably would of not got one anyway.[/quote']

Oh, I thought you were being serious. You know, the idea that SM devs were too busy 'cos they were trying to make a CPS that actually worked seemed totally plausible to me... :rolleyes:

Why dont we just post the teams we will go for and get as many people as possible to do this then we'll know where the majority will end up?

It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information.

The point is a lot of people have been moaning GC's are boring ect ect, obviously a few of the people moaning have lost 3 games in a row and have given up, left thier club and gone crying to mummy and theres nothing we can do if they havn't got it in them to last the long term.

So this is about finding a GC be it 150/160 ect that a majority of formuers will join too make it more exciting, dosn't matter if someone gets a big or small club, it will be in interaction and banter from the GC which will make it work in the end.

i say we attempt to invade england ;) it would be a amazing thing seeing the whole of england from div one to div five filled :D

Thats a good idea actually except it'd be very hard to do, every forumer would have to want to do it.

Why?: Well in Spain there is not a massive Gap between your top clubs ie Barcelona' date=' Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, to your medioka clubs like Villarreal, Deportivio, Sevilla and then your smaller teams like Racing Santander, Sporting, Malaga etc and It be an open competetive league, where as in EPL theres a bigger gap between Chelsea and say Blackpool and West Brom, and Spain could be a fun league to do I reckon :)[/quote']

Same for me.

Thats a good idea actually except it'd be very hard to do' date=' every forumer would have to want to do it.[/quote']

Some of the better GC's have pockets of managers in different leagues within the setup, because then you get a bit more banter and if people arn't stupid in the transfer market with there demands, a wider transfer market to deal in.

Why not have certain forum-full gameworlds/customs take different leagues within GC150? That way you could increase the competition/banter by also having people compete in the SMFA trophis for top set-up bragging rights?

I know there is overlap with forumers in say EC106, EC2933, EC5579, etc. but people could pin their colours to their favorite league and represent them in GC150.

Thats a good idea actually except it'd be very hard to do' date=' every forumer would have to want to do it.[/quote']

i personally think if we just get as many formers as possible try and just make each league have maybe 5 committed formers then surely it would create a much more enjoyable atmosphere in the set up :)

Why not have certain forum-full gameworlds/customs take different leagues within GC150? That way you could increase the competition/banter by also having people compete in the SMFA trophis for top set-up bragging rights?

I know there is overlap with forumers in say EC106' date=' EC2933, EC5579, etc. but people could pin their colours to their favorite league and represent them in GC150.[/quote']

Thats not a bad idea

Guest drseanfitz

I know there is overlap with forumers in say EC106' date=' EC2933, EC5579, etc. but people could pin their colours to their favorite league and represent them in GC150.[/quote']

I like this idea as well

Guest drseanfitz

Thanks. We'd have to make it fair by drawing lots or something to decide who would get what league so no-one cries foul' date=' but I'm sure that could be worked out.[/quote']

random.org would do it.

of course anyone not involved in the chosen set ups could either have their own country, or back a setup of their choice(but lets make sure ec106 don't get scotland as we've already done that)

But most members of EC106, 5579 etc arent GM's....

Guest drseanfitz

But most members of EC106' date=' 5579 etc arent GM's....[/quote']

EC106 has 40 gold managers(and some of the otheres may have gold on oter accounts)

Oh slick so you could do something like all EC106'ers join Italy div 1 and div 2...

Exactly, though it would kind of make sense to rank the set-ups in terms of gold members and place them in sufficiently big leagues so that no-one would miss out.

Guest drseanfitz

Exactly' date=' though it would kind of make sense to rank the set-ups in terms of gold members and place them in sufficiently big leagues so that no-one would miss out.[/quote']

realistically though you wont get anywhere near 60 ec106ers interested in it. I think 10-20 would be an optimistic maximum, same goes for most set ups.

realistically though you wont get anywhere near 60 ec106ers interested in it. I think 10-20 would be an optimistic maximum' date=' same goes for most set ups.[/quote']

Well and that's also assuming that those in EC106 would choose 106 as the set-up they'd like to represent. So yeah, there's probably some wiggle room as to which league they could go in. Just one big enough to accomodate the interest though (i.e. not Mexico, Brazil, Greece, etc.).

So we could try get EC106 5579 2933(I think thats right...) 3951 and 7046 + EC1...

And maybe do something like getting the best GC leagues into a league? So Germany in GC 1 could be Russia GC150? (something like that...)

And maybe a collection of customs, though they are likely to be managers who are represented elsewhere?

Guest drseanfitz

This is like the 4 regions on a massive GC scale. I may or may not join depending on what the league is' date=' although, in fairness i could pick and chose betwen EC106 and EC1:D[/quote']

funny enough I was thinking about that, and whether there would be enough interest for a 4 regions to have a country?