GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Melbourne Heart have sold 23 year old Andy King for 7m.

On the ratings front, Gary Gardner picked up a +4 and Masahudu Alhassan got a +5 which will further bolster Heart's player depth.

Heart are hoping that with the extra cash coming in, they may be able to add some more depth to the club.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! I've been sitting here for some weeks now, waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of ti

So with all the new Gold Championships popping up all the time we could attempt to make 150 special. Creating this thread to see what League(s)/Country(s) everyone would be interested in joining. Fil

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information. The point is a lot of people

• 2 months later...

~Melbourne Heart~

Beat Gold Coast FC 2-1 to steal the title from Sydney who drew 3-3 against Brisbane. We were 1 point behind Sydney before tonights game but managed to somehow take home the silverware. After 3 seasons of slogging away we've finally got something to show for it.. Proud of the club and also the Sydney manager who was gracious in defeat.

Glad to have the sole Champions Cup spot available for next season.

Now for the 2 month wait for the rest of the competition to wrap up their seasons.

Idriss Saadi won the Golden Boot with netting 10 times from 11 games.

• 4 months later...

I decided to read back to last year to see how excited people were about 150 opening and noticed how dead the forum is now. Really disappointed. I've managed to build my Heart side into a winning squad, beating Bayern 3-0 in the SMFA Cup and also drawing against Arsenal 2-2.

Varane is available for the right offer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slowly building up Stockport!

Currently in D3, just sat outside the playoffs.

Sold most of my risers, and bought one of Getafe's CM's, and Angel Rangel at RB, but struggling for cash.

I've got some half decent youngsters, and would trade some of them for 84/85 half decent players?

D3 is still busy and quite a few people in there... in fact looking at England it's quite full still which is good.

Yeah, usual big leagues are pretty full still. There's been a bit more activity in the Australian league in the last week, someone is trying to make Sydney FC original again. Glad to have some company and some real competition now. Just sucks that my season is only 18 games long, SM should make everyone play each other 4 times.

• 1 year later...

Been 12 months since anybody last posted on this thread. Added Butland, Kovacic, Tino Costa, Max Meyer, Boetius, Bittencourt, Holtby, Lloris and Vadillo this season.

Keen to do a few deals and hoping to get a few managers to take over Australian clubs.

He was a nice catch Mike, he'll serve me well in another 2-3 seasons. I'm shattered that I missed out on Tottenham being massacred, I had a nice bit of cash too.

Hopefully you get through your playoff games and move up. It'd be nice to meet you in SMFA Cup in a few seasons.

Well I'm into the playoffs final... fingers crossd I win.. it's against an unmanaged.

If I go up.. I'm going to sell the whole squad and start the rebuild to get in some higher rated players, as I'm not going up with an 84/85 rated team.

Your team is REALLY looking nice!

• 5 weeks later...

Getting fairly annoyed at some managers not responding to bids these days however I've brought in 45 players since season 7 commenced. Bought Vitinho for 5m yesterday and he got a +2 today.

Thinking of selling Varane, he started training at Madrid again a few days ago so he shouldn't be far off.

Also looking for a LB and RB on loan for the remainder of the season as I sold my ageing defenders.

• 1 month later...

~Melbourne Heart News~

Another disappointing season for Melbourne Heart. With one game remaining and 5 points adrift, the title is officially out of reach.

The SMFA Shield proved to be a similar story after failing to progress past the group stage.

The only positive this season is that the squad has improved dramatically. I have added Zaha, Lucas Moura, Mendy & Caceres in the last 6 weeks. My first team is starting to look very potent and I feel that we are finally in a position to really start challenging in the later stages of the shield next season.

Our first team now reads as follows

Maarten Stekelenburg, Martin Caceres, Raphael Varane, Benjamin Mendy, Mateo Kovacic, Ross Barkley, Jean-Paul Boetius, Thorgan Hazard, Leandro Bittencourt, Moura Lucas and Wilfried Zaha.

Really wanting to secure a good 90-94 rated striker in the off season and a higher rated Attacking Midfielder. I could also use higher rated wingers but I have a LOT of faith in Thorgan Hazard.

My goal for season 8 is to secure the services of either Courtois, Gotze, Neymar or Hazard along with Nastasic.

Anything less than taking home the league title next season will be seen as a complete failure and anything less than the round of 16 in the SMFA Shield will also be taken as a massive disappointment.

Got a bunch of cash sitting around and a host of really gifted youth to throw around in a few trades during my off season.

Best of luck to all managers in the back half of the season.

~Melbourne Heart News~

Melbourne Heart are proud to announce that Ilkay Gundogan has joined the club for a fee of 21m.

The club are very pleased with the inclusion of the 23 year old German who will join Wilfried Zaha and Lucas Moura up front next season.

• 3 weeks later...

~Melbourne Heart News~

The A-League was very disappointing. Won the last match of the season 6-0 but was still 3 points behind cross-town rivals Melbourne Victory.

Feeling pretty happy about the teams position moving forward though after a 7-1 drubbing of Luton Town, a 2-2 draw against a full strength Barcelona and then a 2-0 win against Real Madrid despite spending an hour with 10 men.

The club has added Gundogan, Malanda, Kolasinac, Depay and Diouf in the previous fortnight, boosting the average rating of the starting XI to 88.

The club are considering offering Butland, Kovacic and cash to secure a stronger keeper.

The club are also very interested in a potential deal to secure Eden Hazard to join both Thorgan and Kylian who are already in the Red & White.

Heart will face Real Madrid later in the week to further test their newest lineup against the elite teams.

We are happy to play any team in a friendly match should the opportunity arise as we have no first team football for nearly 30 days.

The club will head into the Australian Cup undermanned due to players being cup tied but Heart believe that we can still beat any side in the league comfortably if we play our style on the pitch.

• 1 month later...

Stockport County beat Grimsby in the D2 playoff final.

We are gracing the top flight in England with our presence next season!

Going to need a BIG season from Rickie Lambert, Seb Rudy, Oriol Romeu and co if we are to stay up.

Hoping to get a cash injection to make a few new signings.

Anyone got any 86+ young players for cash?

• 2 weeks later...

FC Schalke 04 Appoints ShaneMcG

-

220px-FC_Schalke_04_Logo.svg.png

Schalke has appointed Mr Shane McGrory as the clubs new manager after the sacking of the former gaffer

Villas Boas. The appointment happened quickly within an hour after the club's officials met McG in his home town in Irleland and within an hour the possible appointment was complete.

Taking to the press Mr McG said "Its a very good challenge for me as Schalke have the squad to compete in the league and make his mark on Europe in the coming seasons. My target will be to take Schalke into the promised land of the top 3 to give them Champions League football which they deserve. We will wrangle the title from Bayern who have dominated the domestic scene winning the past 2, but we shall take it hopefully in the not so distant future. Draxler will make big strides under my watchful eye. I urge the fans to get behind us strongly this season"

ShaneMcG tonight directly starts his work preparing for the SMFA Super Cup with a game against the mighty Rossoneri tomorrow evening before beginning the league campaign against big rivals dormund on Sunday.

He welcomes ALL PMs regarding squad, many players for exchange just make a BID or PM to discuss....

200px-Julian_Draxler_2011-08-03.jpg