GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! I've been sitting here for some weeks now, waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of ti

So with all the new Gold Championships popping up all the time we could attempt to make 150 special. Creating this thread to see what League(s)/Country(s) everyone would be interested in joining. Fil

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information. The point is a lot of people

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

So we could try get EC106 5579 2933(I think thats right...) 3951 and 7046 + EC1...

And maybe do something like getting the best GC leagues into a league? So Germany in GC 1 could be Russia GC150? (something like that...)

On a separate note' date=' I thought it had already been decided that England was the best league in GC1? :D

([url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1132641&postcount=1635[/url])

I like the 4 regions idea. Would also stimulate business within leagues if you were all working to an ulterior goal ;)

Yayy for being in 106 :D I'd say let any EC with 20+ interested GMs take a country and also keep a league free for the GM only guys like Allan and Stifler who wouldn't want to miss out on the fun :)

this sounds promising i'm just wondering is the GC going to be 150 ? or is that just a random number

GC150. Seem's like a good number to do it. Like how everyone wanted in GC100.

I dont think i would want to represent 5579 or any or other setup im in' date=' If you did get this sorted i can almost guarantee that people would start leaving after a few games or they've spent all there budget.

In my opinion i couldn't see this setup idea working.[/quote']

Negative energy.

It's not negative energy at all' date=' its just what i think will happen.[/quote']

Then don't join? I bet you do join ;)

Anywho, I like the idea of those set ups joining the one league. It will have to be decided before which one you're going for.

I might go for Celtic if all else fails. They'd be a good challenge now with all their failings.

Guest drseanfitz

Id be much more keen to represent the four regions than Ec1 or 106.

weirdly enough so would I.

Matty any set up like this dwindles over time. but if there are enough committed managers involved then the set up keeps going and you find new managers joining in.

Like Mexico in GC107, we started as a full league, and by the end of season one we had dwindled to about 4 of us, but we kept posting, and suddenly a bunch of new managers joined in as they could se it was a decent setup.

1 thing that does worry me is the GC150 idea, landmark ok, but so was GC100, but its 16 gold cups away, and people will lose interest before it even starts.

weirdly enough so would I.

Matty any set up like this dwindles over time. but if there are enough committed managers involved then the set up keeps going and you find new managers joining in.

Like Mexico in GC107' date=' we started as a full league, and by the end of season one we had dwindled to about 4 of us, but we kept posting, and suddenly a bunch of new managers joined in as they could se it was a decent setup.

1 thing that does worry me is the GC150 idea, landmark ok, but so was GC100, but its 16 gold cups away, and people will lose interest before it even starts.[/quote']

Move it down to 140?

Had a little think about this now. Basically to keep interest the set-up needs an alternative interest to it (similar to the points scoring system in the 4 regions) to keep interest.

Maybe a points based system for, primarily performance, but also number of transfers done with managed sides, achievement with a lesser side, international performance? More (better) criterion could be dreamt up and we'd end up with a ranking for each side. The top ranked guys could then enter a friendly based Super Cup in the following season perhaps?

We just need something to make GC150 different to the ordinary GC :o

Had a little think about this now. Basically to keep interest the set-up needs an alternative interest to it (similar to the points scoring system in the 4 regions) to keep interest.

Maybe a points based system for' date=' primarily performance, but also number of transfers done with managed sides, achievement with a lesser side, international performance? More (better) criterion could be dreamt up and we'd end up with a ranking for each side. The top ranked guys could then enter a friendly based Super Cup in the following season perhaps?

We just need something to make GC150 different to the ordinary GC :o[/quote']

Ye thats a good idea...

We could set up a tournament between all forumers. Some say representing certain EC's, some representing customs and some just representing all GC's?

These set leagues dont work and GC 100 was hyped to be massive but wasn't. Everyone should just choose whoever they want like in the old GC's.The only way this will be a success will be if its free' date=' just look at GC 100, nothing great about it tbh.[/quote']

Germany 100 is one of the best leagues around for forumers.

These set leagues dont work and GC 100 was hyped to be massive but wasn't. Everyone should just choose whoever they want like in the old GC's.The only way this will be a success will be if its free' date=' just look at GC 100, nothing great about it tbh.[/quote']

Completely disagree. GC131 was free and only has about 10% higher occupancy than the normal reserve ones. We want something big here... 70%+ :)

We just need something on top to make it interesting or something to reward the things that make GCs great.

Completely disagree. GC131 was free and only has about 10% higher occupancy than the normal reserve ones. We want something big here... 70%+ :)

We just need something on top to make it interesting or something to reward the things that make GCs great.

Yes but GC 150 would be different as know one was on for that GC or expected it to be good.

And Kez, I know but it doesn't compare to GC 1 or 19 for example as an overall GC.

Yes but GC 150 would be different as know one was on for that GC or expected it to be good.

And Kez' date=' I know but it doesn't compare to GC 1 or 19 for example as an overall GC.[/quote']

I agree here. The top GC's have stayed that way because of active managers yes, but also because people were spread out. If you try and concentrate only on one or two leagues, then people usually end up quitting because of poor results, etc. Having people spread out keeps the GC interesting, as well as a more broad transfer market.

Completely agree with you Barry. GC100 was overhyped for ages and big teams were quit within a few weeks. GC117 Italy Division 2 challenge was very popular to start with now there's about 4/5 managers left and season 1 has not even finished. Same with Mexico in GC107.