GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League!

Drop outs are inevitable so instead of focusing on the sour milk lets focus on the cream.
We just need something to make GC150 different to the ordinary GC :o

I would say that the single biggest reason that many of the GC set-ups fall flat is that those committed to it (like most on this thread for GC150) will also likely be the ones that bag the best teams. As a result there's less incentive for the less committed to stick around as they can only pick up lesser teams, and so over time the league falls flat.

You'll probably not like this suggestion but if you really want to make it work then you (the ones most committed to sticking around in the league) should also commit to taking lesser-rated teams, trying to bring in less experience forumers into the GC by giving them the incentive of getting a better team and/or pursuading those who get the best teams to become active forumers.

Otherwise, if 20 of you bag the best teams or commit to one league then over time all that's going to happen is other than you 20 all others will eventually drift away. So I guess it's all a question of what you are looking for here, a forum filled GC (then commit to taking lower teams, encouraging the less committed forumers to then join with the bigger clubs), or a competative forum-oriented GC, then try and fill one or two leagues.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! I've been sitting here for some weeks now, waiting for GC 150 to come to life. Does anybody else find themselves spending excessive amounts of ti

So with all the new Gold Championships popping up all the time we could attempt to make 150 special. Creating this thread to see what League(s)/Country(s) everyone would be interested in joining. Fil

Re: GC150 - The Forum Invasion / Choose the League! It dosn't matter who goes for which team, that will just clutter up the thread with completely useless information. The point is a lot of people

These set leagues dont work and GC 100 was hyped to be massive but wasn't. Everyone should just choose whoever they want like in the old GC's.The only way this will be a success will be if its free' date=' just look at GC 100, nothing great about it tbh.[/quote']

I did suggest that way back in post #20, but got shouted down a bit:

Instead' date=' why not make it the first free GC from 150 onwards? I know it is a bit more ambigious, and of course giving money to SM can surely only benefit us all in the long run, but this way all forumers have equal chance of entering and getting a decent team. :eek:

...[/quote']

I'd like to join in.

I tend to agree with spreading out the forumers across several divisions. I was thinking until we know how many members there are going to be we should take the teams in the smaller leagues that qualify for the SM Cup and Shield?

Maybe we should aim to have a forumer managing as many teams that qualify for the SMFA Cup and Shield outside the big 4/5 leagues as possible? That must be 25+ teams?

I'd like a decent team in Greece, Turkey or Russia.

I dont mind where it is although Spain would be good..as Long as it full of Forum managers and committed players and which that it is fun then im up for it :)

did you read the posts? Were just going to scatter all over the GC if Im right?

Im confused too :P

I did suggest that way back in post #20' date=' but got shouted down a bit:[/quote']

I didnt shoot you down, but whether its free or not shouldnt, and from pasy experiences wont make a difference to whther it will be a active setup or not, thats down to the effort put in my the managers.

It's all suggestions at this point. Not nearly enough people in yet.

So why not go about it in reverse? If we like the idea of making it set-up oriented (EC106, 5579, etc.) then why not tout the idea in those set-ups thread to gauge the interest (rather than hoping for people to visit this thread)?

So why not go about it in reverse? If we like the idea of making it set-up oriented (EC106' date=' 5579, etc.) then why not tout the idea in those set-ups thread to gauge the interest (rather than hoping for people to visit this thread)?[/quote']

I was going to suggest that people who are in them suggest it in their threads.

i think I could be a Gold Member by then so why not join this one when I do

Why?: Some of these clubs are very good but don't get the attention they deserve from other people in places in Europe and even less where Im from in Australia. I should take a good club down here like Santos, River Plate, Sao Paolo etc to show people why that South America is better than many of the european leagues.

Some people say that Robinho should drop to around 90 in the Brazilian rating changes but if you have a look all of the great Brazilians (Pele,Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,) played some of their best Football in Brazil.

Guest JackWWFC

i think I could be a Gold Member by then so why not join this one when I do

Why?: Some of these clubs are very good but don't get the attention they deserve from other people in places in Europe and even less where Im from in Australia. I should take a good club down here like Santos' date=' River Plate, Sao Paolo etc to show people why that South America is better than many of the european leagues.

Some people say that Robinho should drop to around 90 in the Brazilian rating changes but if you have a look all of the great Brazilians (Pele,Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,) played some of their best Football in Brazil.[/quote']

Pele was back when Brazil's football had some world-wide recognition, a lot has changed, although they are still producing good players. Robinho was a great Atacante (Goal Scorer) , back in Brazil. Have to say, Ronaldinho played his best football at PSG. When he was at Gremio, he was a fantastic Meia, like Kaka and Elano, but at PSG he actually struggled for a bit then went on the Wing or RAM/LAM and played his best football there. As I said, at the start of his PSG career he was very much a "squad" player until he played out wide. As for Ronaldo, he was prolific everywhere he went, being honest he played his best football in his early days at Inter & PSV Eindhoven, but like Brazil, Holland has lost a bit of it's credibility.

Anyways, thats just my response.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm pretty new to the forums and everything, but out of curiosity I'm wondering why you guys don't just make a custom league that's private invite only. (being very new to forum stuff i don't know whether this is actually a dumb thing to be saying!) If there is a specific reason then the rest of this post is pretty pointless!

I would be intrested in joining something like this but surely it's the set up with Soccer Manager that needs to be changed. Having limitless leagues and new gold leagues opening all the time gives people that option of, 'if i don't do well i'm off'. I am not of that ilk mind, but it is the reality of any game that requires a large amount of time!

I recently set up a custom league for just me and my mates knowing none of us will quit no matter how bad we do as we all want to beat each other so badly. Why not do that between the 'committed formumers'?

• 1 month later...
Guest JackWWFC

I'll be joining :) Not sure where though... I reckon the new format might be introduced on 150?

Whatever league you join I'll join..easy 3 points ;) Jokes haha. but should be a challenge :)

Guest JackWWFC

As long as I get the other 3 (or more) that's cool ;) I fancy something different though. Something in America perhaps or a new league if they're introduced :)

Anyone know when 150 will be made?