Hummels or Subotic

Ze Special 1

Re: Hummels or Subotic

Mats Hummels or Neven Subotic? both aged 21' date=' both rated 89, both play CB and both play for Borussia Dortmund!!

but who is better? who is more likely to rise in future?[/quote']

With team,age,rating and position covered, Its probably going to be based on International experience and big club interest. with both Man united and chelsea expressing their interest in Subotic and if Nemanja Vidic takes Subotic under his wing (both serbian) then id go Subotic. at this rate, all Hummels got is Mertesacker and isn't likely to get any game time at all.

• 2 months later...

I now need to decide between these 2 guys.. They're both available for £12.6m and there's hardly anything to choose between them statistically.

Any further views' date=' or links to threads I may have missed?[/quote']

They are both going very well but I would go Subotic over Hummels, only because its possible Subotic can get more international time. No question they are both doing very well though.

Go have a look around for a prediction thread. They may help.

there is no difference in either of them right now. they both play every minutes of every game for the bundesliga leaders and will both rise to 90 in the next changes. (if i were a rater, i would give them 91, they are destroying the bundesliga)

long term prospects for both are equally as big. many big clubs have both of these guys on their radar, and with bayern's awful central defense, i could see hummels going back to his parent club next season, and subotic making a move to a big club like chelsea

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty similar players.

However, Subotic has had the most improvement since last year; therefore, it's looking much better for Subotic. Not to mention the fact that next summer, he's on his way to the EPL most likely where either Chelsea, Man United, Man City, or Arsenal will get him as they have all stated their interest. If he goes to Chelsea, he will be tutored by none other than Branislav Ivanovic. If he goes to United, he will be tutored by none other than Nemanja Vidic. He if he goes to Arsenal, Wenger will train him and give him plenty of opportunities.

If he goes to City, he'll be a starter off the bat and I'm sure Manchester City will bring in a couple world class defensive coaches to even further improve his game.

While Hummels will most likely stay in the Bundesliga for the rest of his career like most Germany players.

Don't get me wrong, you can't make a bad decision because to me both are close to World Class and most likely will achieve it within the next few seasons.

Also, at the World Cup, Subotic had an immense performance against Germany when he was paired up with Vidic. This is something United should look over.