World Championship 10000 Discussion thread

Re: World Championship 10000 Discussion thread

I have been wondering about this' date=' i had always been under the impression that you were not allowed to give out jobs that you had on offer. However i have never been able to find anything on SM which states that, and i have read through the Job Offers help section and it does not mention it. So theoretically if SM dont state this anywhere then they can not punish you for doing so.

The only place i have ever seen it mentioned that you cant do so is on the first post of the available teams thread:[/font']

So perhaps best to ask Romano where he got this information from (maybe he made it up as he wanted to pick the teams up himself :P)

Exactly. I see a lot of people posting what you are not allowed to do, but each of these posts seems 'evidence-light'. Reading through the SM Code of Conduct it does not appear to be listed anywhere so I'm keen to know what people are basing these assertions on...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WC 10000 Chatroom Division 1 Internazionale - Tecalee Real Madrid - Tombstone Barcelona - Mike H Milan - Manchester United - slbquista Villarreal - A-J Chelsea - Studge Werder Bremen - Fadi7

Re: World Championship 10000 Discussion thread Haha i cannot believe it, we did it. PSG managed to stay up, how did we manage to do that, i will never know. Took the club over whilst on only 15 poin

I have been wondering about this' date=' i had always been under the impression that you were not allowed to give out jobs that you had on offer. However i have never been able to find anything on SM which states that, and i have read through the Job Offers help section and it does not mention it. So theoretically if SM dont state this anywhere then they can not punish you for doing so.

The only place i have ever seen it mentioned that you cant do so is on the first post of the available teams thread:[/font']

So perhaps best to ask Romano where he got this information from (maybe he made it up as he wanted to pick the teams up himself :P)

I think it means basically one person holding a job for another person to take over,so for example say I wasn't in WC10000 and you got a job offer for CSKA Moscow which you decided to reject then you could tell me when you have released them and then I take over knowing when they become available and meaning other people have no chance of getting into the setup which is completely unfair.

I think it means basically one person holding a job for another person to take over' date='so for example say I wasn't in WC10000 and you got a job offer for CSKA Moscow which you decided to reject then you could tell me when you have released them and then I take over knowing when they become available and meaning other people have no chance of getting into the setup which is completely unfair.[/quote']

Again, not disagreeing, but where does it say that it is unfair?

Got absolutely rocked out of nowhere by Club America and their Assistant manager. Lost 6-0 and got a red card, even though I had 54% possession and twice as many shots as Club America. Can't complain I guess after my luck vs Barcelona, but the match engine really never ceases to amaze me.

I think it means basically one person holding a job for another person to take over' date='so for example say I wasn't in WC10000 and you got a job offer for CSKA Moscow which you decided to reject then you could tell me when you have released them and then I take over knowing when they become available and meaning other people have no chance of getting into the setup which is completely unfair.[/quote']

I can see that it might be unfair on other people but that would just be tough luck, if i have the offer and i choose to get my friend to join then i dont really see how that is wrong, and looking through SM they dont seem to state you cant do it either. Unless i get someone to take them over for the purpose of cheating then fair play, but if its simply to get someone you want into the same setup then i dont see a problem.

Personally i feel it should be encouraged rather than discouraged, 90% of the teams posted on the available teams thread go to the same club hoppers, why not get them to go to someone who you know will give it a good go.

P.S if i had CSKA on offer i would never reject them :P All other 78 teams in the setup i would reject instantly ;)

I can see that it might be unfair on other people but that would just be tough luck' date=' if i have the offer and i choose to get my friend to join then i dont really see how that is wrong, and looking through SM they dont seem to state you cant do it either. Unless i get someone to take them over for the purpose of cheating then fair play, but if its simply to get someone you want into the same setup then i dont see a problem.

Personally i feel it should be encouraged rather than discouraged, 90% of the teams posted on the available teams thread go to the same club hoppers, why not get them to go to someone who you know will give it a good go.

P.S if i had CSKA on offer i would never reject them :P All other 78 teams in the setup i would reject instantly ;)[/quote']

People have lost clubs doing that in the past 15 months or so and in some cases whole accounts that have been swapped between people, its about somewhere on the forum and backed up by Ste, good luck finding it thou it was a while ago it was posted :P

I can see that it might be unfair on other people but that would just be tough luck' date=' if i have the offer and i choose to get my friend to join then i dont really see how that is wrong, and looking through SM they dont seem to state you cant do it either. Unless i get someone to take them over for the purpose of cheating then fair play, but if its simply to get someone you want into the same setup then i dont see a problem.

P.S if i had CSKA on offer i would never reject them :P All other 78 teams in the setup i would reject instantly ;)[/quote']

SM seeing it as fixing a job in the setup for one of your mates though and there right because your mate will be the only one who knows when the team will be available,and if it goes to a club hopper then SM will just say that you mate has a good chance of getting in anyway,it's also quite uncanny that I managed to use an example of the only team you would pick and if I used any other team you'd reject them,the only team I'd take is Schalke as I've been a follower/supporter of those for 2 years now,pretty gutted to miss out on them to Phillipe to be honest when they become available,how come you would take CSKA and reject all the others out of interest as I'm sure there would be a particular reason.

People have lost clubs doing that in the past 15 months or so and in some cases whole accounts that have been swapped between people' date=' its about somewhere on the forum and backed up by Ste, good luck finding it thou it was a while ago it was posted :P[/quote']

I understand the account swapping scenario, but i genuinely dont think its a bad thing dictating where a club goes, in fact quite the contrary.

If it is against the rules then really need to state it quite clearly on the actual SM website rather than the forum as only a small percentage of members visit the forum. However saying that they are quite clever in how they word certain things to completely absolve themselves in order to pretty much do whatever they want!

I understand the account swapping scenario' date=' but i genuinely dont think its a bad thing dictating where a club goes, in fact quite the contrary.

If it is against the rules then really need to state it quite clearly on the actual SM website rather than the forum as only a small percentage of members visit the forum. However saying that they are quite clever in how they word certain things to completely absolve themselves in order to pretty much do whatever they want![/quote']

Couldn't agree more. I've been judged myself in the past to have broken some rule that doesn't exist. To add a few more lines on the code of conduct to make the situation explicit is not hard to do and would only be a good thing for all.

SM seeing it as fixing a job in the setup for one of your mates though and there right because your mate will be the only one who knows when the team will be available' date='and if it goes to a club hopper then SM will just say that you mate has a good chance of getting in anyway,it's also quite uncanny that I managed to use an example of the only team you would pick and if I used any other team you'd reject them,the only team I'd take is Schalke as I've been a follower/supporter of those for 2 years now,pretty gutted to miss out on them to Phillipe to be honest when they become available,how come you would take CSKA and reject all the others out of interest as I'm sure there would be a particular reason.[/quote']

I think you should be able to fix a job for your mate though, as long as it was all above board.

I wasn't sure if you had picked out CSKA deliberately, that is quite spooky that you didn't though! I have a long standing affiliation with the club, going back to before i was even born ;)

Now imagine i received the Schalke job on offer, i would immediately think of you as the perfect new manager, however SM dont allow me the courtesy of letting you know about it, doesnt that suck?

Couldn't agree more. I've been judged myself in the past to have broken some rule that doesn't exist. To add a few more lines on the code of conduct to make the situation explicit is not hard to do and would only be a good thing for all.

Absolutely agree.

It's on the forum. came right after job offers were introduced.

Can you point out a link? The forum's a big old place! And as Kazzer says below, surely people can't be expected to trawl the forum on the off chance there's a hidden rule that they're not aware of?!

I understand the account swapping scenario' date=' but i genuinely dont think its a bad thing dictating where a club goes, in fact quite the contrary.

If it is against the rules then really need to state it quite clearly on the actual SM website rather than the forum as only a small percentage of members visit the forum. However saying that they are quite clever in how they word certain things to completely absolve themselves in order to pretty much do whatever they want![/quote']

Ste posted this last year. Sounds pretty clear to me where SM stand on this issue :)

Hi guys,

No Game World should have any waiting list as a manager should not hold on to a job offer to arrange for another manager from that list to take control of the club in question.

By doing this in essence you are dictating who does or does not take control of a club within an SM run Game World.

If you are offered any job via the Job Offer system that you do not wish to accept, then simply reject the offer and let any member of our community take control over the club in question.

If this is brought to our attention or we come across any managers that are abusing the Job Offer system we will take the appropriate action against their account.

Thanks in advance.

(Source)

Ste posted this last year. Sounds pretty clear to me where SM stand on this issue :)

Thats fair enough. But where did you find this, i'm assuming hidden somewhere on the forum?

If you can show me where it says that on the actual soccermanager website then fair enough, but how can they punish people for something that is not clearly stipulated on the website with which it effects.

Its like posting forum rules on the main website and not the forum, it seems stupid. But if it is on the SM website, hidden or not, then fair play and i apologise for criticising SM.

You asked. I still had that thread bookmarked :o:D

lol but seriously, how is anyone actually suppose to come across that?

They really need to be more clear on what their rules are.

Also i would just like to state for the record that never in the past have i ever dictated where a job offer goes, and never will i in the future ;)

Just a thought, but say you notice a club is free, and you never had them on job offer, can you then notify specific people that the club is free? I'm presuming that must be against the rules also then as it is still dictating where a club goes?

P.S The World Championship 10000 Discussion thread will return shortly :P

Guest Villa888

Just a thought' date=' but say you notice a club is free, and you never had them on job offer, can you then notify specific people that the club is free? I'm presuming that must be against the rules also then as it is still dictating where a club goes?

P.S The World Championship 10000 Discussion thread will return shortly :P[/quote']

If no one complains if a club goes to someone then we should all be fine. ;):P

Guest Villa888

Nice to see im currently the 11th highest rated manager in the league atm! booyah :D

I'm 70th. :o:eek::(

Hopefully that gets better when I thrash the worst manager in the game world. :D

Thinking of that, I gotta do the predictions for Division 4. Woops, almost forgot. :P

Predictions are up for Division 4 if anyone cares to look.

Using my Assistant manager's formation (different players) to see if he can do better then me. ;)