World Championship 10000 Discussion thread

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WC 10000 Chatroom Division 1 Internazionale - Tecalee Real Madrid - Tombstone Barcelona - Mike H Milan - Manchester United - slbquista Villarreal - A-J Chelsea - Studge Werder Bremen - Fadi7

Re: World Championship 10000 Discussion thread

Re: World Championship 10000 Discussion thread Haha i cannot believe it, we did it. PSG managed to stay up, how did we manage to do that, i will never know. Took the club over whilst on only 15 poin

Fulham beat Flamengo 2-1 to make it 6 wins and 1 draw in the last 8 games, meaning that I finish 8th!!!!! WOW!

When I took Fulham I had a pot of cash, a poor side and the season written off already. Several games and a load of money spent later, here I am just 2 places outside the play-offs, with Kagawa, Heitinga and Guardado in my time :D

Bring on next season!

The bad luck :eek:

I lost the title in the end by GD , hamburg 30 and city 29! :eek:

Thats a terrible way to lose it but it was a great race between me and rhys the best 2 in the division by miles but the better man one well done rhys :o:)

But my win tonite sealed bordeaux's survival as If I didnt win then they would have went down so im glad I did just for them :)

But im hurting :(:(:(

Porto play an impressive game at home managing a hard earned draw with Barcelona :D:D:D

Oooh Gurnak/Porto you little beauty! :D:D:D

And a 3-0 win for Real away at Shaktar not only puts them down but elevates Real Madrid to 2nd spot. :P

Have to say though that was a pretty poor season by Real's standards, just 17 wins isn't good enough, and finishing so far behind Tecalee's Inter is a hard pill to swallow. :o

I guess I'll just have to throw my hat into the ring for next season to make amends...:rolleyes:

Because I've been stinking it up so bad I've been keeping pretty quiet.

I have 46 Gold Honours including a SMFA Cup won with a Wolfsburg, so i'm quite comfortable that I'm not a horrible manager. But I could not buy a win for long periods with Liverpool in this setup. Bad luck has been a bit of a factor, but this is a very competitive setup. Real Madrid finishing second with only 63 points in Div 1 is a testament to that.

Anyway, Liverpool survive the trapdoor. We beat Chelsea 2-0 tonight, but it didn't really matter as Shaktar lost.

Now that top flight football is secured for next season, I am willing to consider deals for both Fernando Torres and Rafael Van der Vaart. Top quality players in exchange only please. Rubbish offers will be ignored. I'm not as unreasonable as lots of managers in the setup, but I'm looking for 2 very decent players for both of them.

I will also consider letting Ganso go for a higher rated older player. Again please no rubbish.

Also willing to do 2 of my players for higher rated.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Bordeaux have done it! Taken them over when they were bottom. Now avoided relegation by goal difference.

Iaquinta has been massive. Proved his worth again tonight. An assist for the opener from Tremoulinas. He then followed it up by smashing in the winner on 40 minutes.

Bordeaux-Champions-Just-Football.jpg

Scenes after Bordeaux win.

Manchester United finish the season in 5th place with a superb 2-0 win at Bayern Muchen. Rooney and Evra with the goals.

Happy enough with where we finished in the end as it's been an up and down season for us. Hopefully we can do a little better next season.

Congrats to Bordeaux for completing the great escape.

Result of the night in my opinion :)

Chivas finish the season with a 2-1 win over Sampdoria - think he played his weakest team, but still glad of a win to finish with. Ended up in 11th. Realise this is hardly glorious but am happy considering how weak the original Chivas squad was - just glad not to get the wooden spoon :P

Salpingidis player of the season for me - 15 goals and 8 assists.

Biggest disapointment was Miccoli - my only 90 rated player didn't pull his weight.

Love this GW despite not having a great team - love being an underdog anyway :)

Congrats to Lille and Leverkusen - stand out teams from Div. 4

Bring on next season!

Roma 0-3 Villarreal

End the season in miserable fashion, with a drubbing from Villarreal, ending up in 13th place. This season has been terrible. Considering at the beginning we brought in the likes of Drogba, Arshavin, Marin we struggled badly until the TBs were gone.

Selling Drogba for Suarez and Bastos has turned out to be a brilliant deal. Suarez bagged 10 goals in 17 appearances and Bastos chipped in with some very important goals.

Francesco Totti has been absolutely brilliant. He played every league game and grabbed 26 goals and 13 assists, almost single handedly keeping us in Division 1. His SMFA record was 10 goals in 11 appearances and he also notched another 5 goals for Italy. Brilliant season for the brilliant Totti.

I suppose report would say for Roma : Could do better.

Would like to echo the congratulations to Bordeaux on a brilliant escape from relegation, and congratulations to the following clubs on their title success and promotions.

• Internazionale
  • HSV
  • Manchester City
  • Celtic
  • Schalke
  • Bayer Levekusen
  • Lille.

I lost the title in the end by GD ' date=' hamburg 30 and city 29! :eek:

Thats a terrible way to lose it but it was a great race between me and rhys the best 2 in the division by miles but the better man one well done rhys :o:)

But my win tonite sealed bordeaux's survival as If I didnt win then they would have went down so im glad I did just for them :)

But im hurting :(:(:([/quote']

Unlucky mate, giving that I have been top for pratically the whole season so I think it was deserved.

I think I slightly over achieved with Hamburg, as playoffs was my aim.

Think i'll find it quite difficult in division 1, unless I can improve my team.

EDIT: I'll do a match report in a couple days, and I dont do them that often so everyone keep an eye out ;)

But im hurting :(:(:(

Massive thanks mate' date=' couldn't have done it without your result swinging it my way. :)

Congrats to Bordeaux for completing the great escape.

Result of the night in my opinion :)

Would like to echo the congratulations to Bordeaux on a brilliant escape from relegation' date=' and congratulations to the following clubs on their title success and promotions.

[/quote']

Cheers lads. Definitely become one of my favourite setups now.

Congrats to all the League winners also. Very competitive setup so it's a great achievement to win your respective league.

Special mention to Inter. Romped home in Division 1. A very well done. :)

Haha i cannot believe it, we did it. PSG managed to stay up, how did we manage to do that, i will never know.

Took the club over whilst on only 15 points from 18 games and we somehow managed to beat the drop finishing two points clear after demolishing Dynamo Moskow.

I think it is testament to the strength of the setup that if i had been in since the start with PSG and got the same ratio of points then i would have finished with 59 points and come in the playoffs in the league. Due to that i don't think there is a single person who would say i haven't deserved this.

Well done to Bordeux aswell on their remarkable recovery, it seems there are two teams in this setup who will never give up :).

Porto play an impressive game at home managing a hard earned draw with Barcelona :D:D:D

:(

It was all going so nicely until Stankovic went and got himself sent off.

Pipped to the runners up spot by Real Madrid. Well done Jooles!

Great first season, really enjoyed it.

Looking to sell Puyol, Keita, Stankovic, Abidal and Pizaro now in the close season.

Looking for 2 good players for Puyol, but will happily give two of the others for a higher rated player.

Haha i cannot believe it' date=' we did it. PSG managed to stay up, how did we manage to do that, i will never know.

Took the club over whilst on only 15 points from 18 games and we somehow managed to beat the drop finishing two points clear after demolishing Dynamo Moskow.

I think it is testament to the strength of the setup that if i had been in since the start with PSG and got the same ratio of points then i would have finished with 70 points and come second in the league. Due to that i don't think there is a single person who would say i haven't deserved this.

Well done to Bordeux aswell on their remarkable recovery, it seems there are two teams in this setup who will never give up :).[/quote']

Well done mate. Definately a fantastic achievement as well :)

Phew stayed up on GD to avoid my first relegation. Wouldn't have done it without City and Lisbon wins though, so cheers for the help guys :D

4 teams in the end stuck on 42pts in division 2, with Everton and PSV the unlucky two going down on goal difference.

6 wins, 9 loses and 0 draws in my 15 games. Not great, big improvements required for next season! This is quickly becoming a project which I am intend on achieving some relative success with.

Haha i cannot believe it' date=' we did it. PSG managed to stay up, how did we manage to do that, i will never know.

I think it is testament to the strength of the setup that [b']if i had been in since the start with PSG and got the same ratio of points then i would have finished with 70 points[/b] and come second in the league. Due to that i don't think there is a single person who would say i haven't deserved this.

Well done to Bordeux aswell on their remarkable recovery, it seems there are two teams in this setup who will never give up :).

Huh?! You finished on 43 points, so according to your numbers then you got 28 points in 20 games. 28/20*38 =53.2 points. Where did you get 70 from? :confused:

Besides, you took over the club after 15 games when they were only on 8 points. So in your 23 games you got 35 points. At the rate you would have had 35/23*38 = 57.8 points if you'd been there all season.

Great achievement (just not 2nd place form), but terrible maths. :o

:(

It was all going so nicely until Stankovic went and got himself sent off.

Pipped to the runners up spot by Real Madrid. Well done Jooles!

Thanks Mike (and Ian too also for the congrats). I think we made it too easy for Inter this season. Here's to a closer race for 1st (rather than 2nd) next season. :)

I lost the title in the end by GD ' date=' hamburg 30 and city 29! :eek:

But im hurting :(:(:([/quote']

Oh Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom. I'd have more sympathy but but I don't understand why you didn't go attacking once during your last game's tactics, let alone very attacking? :confused: