Rafael van der Vaart

Jack-THFC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Respuesta: Vdv to 93!

i´m sure that he´ll rise beacuse he plays with holland´s selection( they played the final versus Spain) and he is playing very well in London.

Lol he doesn't, he's Sneijder's backup or he plays at left wing, but he sucks at that position so usually guys like Elia take that position.

He doesn't play regular for Holland.

But he does deserve a 93 imo, he's doing brilliant for the Spurs. Yeah maybe he doesn't play every game but as far as I've seen him play he was important every single match.

Re: Respuesta: Vdv to 93!

Lol he doesn't' date=' he's Sneijder's backup or he plays at left wing, but he sucks at that position so usually guys like Elia take that position.

He doesn't play regular for Holland.

But he does deserve a 93 imo, he's doing brilliant for the Spurs. Yeah maybe he doesn't play every game but as far as I've seen him play he was important every single match.[/quote']

Not quite sure which Netherlands you've been watching, but he's being playing regularly and fairly well for the Dutch side during the Euro '12 qualifiers. Statistically Van Der Vaart has started 3 and subbed 1 for 290 mins, Elia has started 1 and subbed 1 for 85 minutes

Re: Rafael van der Vaart

People will probably disagree with me but I find him infinitely more effective and nicer to watch than Modric who is rated 92 so I think he has an excellent chance of going to 93.

I think he is our best player to be honest. His passing is superb and he is so confident receiving the ball under pressure. Watching him play, he rarely makes a bad pass and he has also proven to be a lethal finisher. I love watching him play.

People will probably disagree with me but I find him infinitely more effective and nicer to watch than Modric who is rated 92 so I think he has an excellent chance of going to 93.

I think he is our best player to be honest. His passing is superb and he is so confident receiving the ball under pressure. Watching him play' date=' he rarely makes a bad pass and he has also proven to be a lethal finisher. I love watching him play.[/quote']

I think both are superb, and I love watching both players. Last season, without Van der Vaart, Modric was the AM with Palacios and Huddelstone were the CM's (but now Jenas is involved) but this season Modric is a CM, and what I think Harry has basically told him to do is to tidy things up and spark an attack, more than surging forward. Modric's passing is amazing, and Tottenham haven't lost anything in keeping Modric back because of the quality they have attacking. I love Spurs, it's nice to watch such a well managed team do so well. :o

I think both are superb' date=' and I love watching both players. Last season, without Van der Vaart, Modric was the AM with Palacios and Huddelstone were the CM's (but now Jenas is involved) but this season Modric is a CM, and what I think Harry has basically told him to do is to tidy things up and spark an attack, more than surging forward. Modric's passing is amazing, and Tottenham haven't lost anything in keeping Modric back because of the quality they have attacking. I love Spurs, it's nice to watch such a well managed team do so well. :o[/quote']

Van Der Vaart is playing as well as any other 93 rated player, and I wouldn;t be surprised if he got the increase. The only things going against him from what I can see are whether SM want to give Tottenham a 93 rated player in the next change, and whether they are willing to give him an increase based on just over half a season because he knows as well as anybody last season wasn't his greatest.

As for Modric is turning into a much better all round midfielder. If Harry continues to keep him in a more central mold I can see him becoming as effective as Alonso was at Liverpool and Madrid. He can pick out a quality pass with ease, and whilst his tackling isn't as good he does look a lot stronger and he'll improve.

Only thing is now he'll have to learn how to score from the half way line

Van Der Vaart is playing as well as any other 93 rated player' date=' and I wouldn;t be surprised if he got the increase. The only things going against him from what I can see are whether SM want to give Tottenham a 93 rated player in the next change, and whether they are willing to give him an increase based on just over half a season because he knows as well as anybody last season wasn't his greatest.

[/quote'] Whatever happens, we all know he deserves it.

As for Modric is turning into a much better all round midfielder. If Harry continues to keep him in a more central mold I can see him becoming as effective as Alonso was at Liverpool and Madrid. He can pick out a quality pass with ease' date=' and whilst his tackling isn't as good he does look a lot stronger and he'll improve.

[/quote'] I really like players like Modric, highlighted in this thread.

Only thing is now he'll have to learn how to score from the half way line

Those were the days :rolleyes:. Gerrard can do the long range passing and everything, but the only problem is he can't be behind the half way line and just outside of the box at the same time. :(

Hi all I know this thread is about VDV but I couldnt find a better one to ask ' date='

Is it worth it to sell bruno alves for 4 million and zanetti or will zanetti drop?[/quote']

??????

There are plenty of other places on the forum to ask this. Try the Russian threads, try the 'Should I buy, sell, keep' sticky