Sign in to follow this  
Toon

5-3-2 Wide Positions?

In the 5-3-2 there are two positions on the flanks. These look like midfielder positions but the formation name suggests that they are defenders instead. What sort of players are best to play in that role please?

Re: 5-3-2 Wide Positions?

yep its right the wide positions are wing backs

i either use RB/RM OR LB/LM Or Even AM/LM OR AM/RM in the wide positions ' date=' only use this formation when losing or drawing and its worked every time :P[/quote']

the best to play would be rb/rm or lb/lm i dunno weather playing am/lm or am/rm would work

EurosElite.png

But I put people with 'WING' in their position there and it seems to work.

?????

Or is WING the same as wing backs?

Woudn't say soProbably someone like Bastos will be best to put there.

I use a variety of formations on my Cardiff City' date=' but they all have 5 defenders. 5-4-1 seems to work the best. But If you see my streak I have won the Majority of my matches and even owned teams by about 6 or 7 goals but still with the 5 defender formation.[/font']

I'm in a bit of a pickle on this too. Got a very low rated side, and i rock Bale on the left wing back. I want the wing backs tracking back, because i have no central defenders and i'm just hoping to plug everything up and hope for a lucky goal.

So i have to compromise one way or the other with this idea. Here's the options for the back 5:

----dm/cb--cb/lb---lb-------

rb/rm------------------lb/lm

or

----rb/rm---cb/lb---lb-------

rm/cm------------------lb/lm

so one way, the wing backs are set in balance, and the other way the flat 3 are set in balance. i am honestly more worried about what 2 cb's will do to a lb, if that might send it all into chaos. but playing with 1 cb in a 5-man defence also seems scary.

none of this is ideal, but i believe one of these is my best option for now.

opinions?

I've got Dynamo Kiev in one of the GC setups... I have a few RB/RM and LB/LM and thought exactly the same as you... perfect for the 5-3-2. How wrong was I. I'm third bottom after 5 games. lol. Currently experimenting with other options.