Scotland - SPL young players with +50% minutes

IanMcCo

The SPL is only 3 games old, but I have created a list of some youn low rated players who have played more than 50% of the 270 minutes so far this season.

These are just players to watch out for as the rating change gets closer - and check if they are still first team regulars

I've posted them by team - with their teams current max rating and their current rating

CELTIC - 88

James FORREST - 75

ABERDEEN - 84

Peter PAWLETT - 77

Josh MAGENNIS - 76

Rory MCARDLE - 72

Mark HOWARD - 79

Yoann FOLLY - 77

HEARTS - 85

Craig THOMSON - 80

David TEMPLETON - 78

ST MIRREN - 82

Sean LYNCH - 75

Paul MCGOWAN - 77 (on loan from Celtic)

Marc MCAUSLAND - 76

INVERNESS CT - 80

Kenny GILLET - 72

Lee COX - 77

Eric ODHIAMBO - 77

Nick ROSS - 70

MOTHERWELL - 84

Darren RANDOLPH - 76

Chris HUMPHREY - 79

Nick BLACKMAN - 75

KILMARNOCK - 82

Ben GORDON - 75 (on loan from Chelsea)

James DAYTON - 70

HAMILTON - 82

Kyle WILKIE - 74

Joël THOMAS - 76

DUNDEE UNITED - 85

Keith WATSON - 76

ST JOHNSTONE - 82

Marcus HABER - 72

Please remember, I have only created this thread to make it easier to scout players around the time of the ratings change and that there may well be other players who break into the first team before then

I AM NOT OFFERING RATINGS PREDICTIONS

Re: Scotland - SPL young players with +50% minutes

David Templeton of Hearts is a very good winger and one that I have very high hopes for, as a fan watching for several years he is one of the most exciting youth prospects that I personally have seen at Hearts.

Can easily be our most important player in a season or two, he is already a very important player already IMO.

can u predict how much would go up ' date='[/quote']

Can you read my thread please?

It is too early in the season to make ratings predictions - these are just young players that have been starting games and MIGHT get a ratings increase in the future if they stay in the first team

Celtic's top rating is no longer 89' date=' with the departure of Boruc and McGeady the highest rated player is only 88[/quote']

A very good point - in fact I think the top ratings of Rangers and Celtic should be lower than they are...and closer to the Championship max of 85

Now that Boyd, Boruc and McGeady have left Scotland I don't think any player will get a max of 89 until Scottish football improves in the coefficients - which is a LONG way away

A very good point - in fact I think the top ratings of Rangers and Celtic should be lower than they are...and closer to the Championship max of 85

Now that Boyd' date=' Boruc and McGeady have left Scotland I don't think any player will get a max of 89 until Scottish football improves in the coefficients - which is a LONG way away[/quote']

I think in some cases, 86 or 87 is about right, there are still a few established internationals playing in Scotland. Certainly 90 and probably 89 is a long way off for an SPL player for the forseeable future.

With the way SM have been harshly reviewing leagues such as Russia though, I can see the SPL being treated exactly as you say,

Re: Respuesta: Scotland - SPL young players with +50% minutes

who players more rise?

James forrest will rise defintley i dont care if its spl he shud go up to 80 +5 next rating changes the lads amaizng. David templeton is also a very good player with upcoming talent again though i cud only see him doing like david clarkson ross mccormack going to an championship club like bristol city or summert and drifting away. Paul mcgowen is a good striker and knows were the net is my worry is that wen he returns to celtic he willl just keep getting loaned out and turned into a jamie smith just been a gd talent fadeing away i hope lennon gives him a chance.

Another few good talents would be greame carey for huddesfield hes onloan from celtic a very much attacking minded midfileder who with time could turn into another shaun maloney without the injurys.

Killie max is now 86 with the arrival of Eremenko Jnr ;)

The last few years have seen Killie struggle under the management of Jim the dinosaur Jefferies but over the summer a new dawn emerged when Mixu Paatelainen took the reigns and installed a new ethos of playing the game properly (on the ground not lumped up to Kyle) this has seen some major changes to personnel (out: Kyle, Fernandez, Ford, Burchill, Russell, O'Leary,Robinson, Skelton, Flannigan) with a new emphasis on youth and style, it will be a long season for us but the morale amongst players fans hasnt been so high since the emergence of Boyd or Naismith.

In the Killie squad the players to watch are

Cammy Bell 23 y/o GK rtd 80 and now first choice,

Ben Gordon 19 y/o LB rtd 75 and really impressed since arriving,

Mohamadou Sissoko 22 y/o CB (not on db) on loan from Udinese looks very comfortable,

James Dayton 21 y/o LM/W rtd 70 ex Palace youngster who has arrived via the Glen Hoddle Academy, looks light weight but has really good delivery,

but i want all SPL league..

Research it yourself then you cheeky/lazy sod

Further to the Kilmarnock points - Mixu is a little bit silly mate so don't go getting your hopes up about Killie being any good. I'd place decent money that the first half of the season will be an improvement for you and after the honeymoon period is over, Mixu's disastrous management methods will shine through and Kilmarnock will end up in the first division!!

Research it yourself then you cheeky/lazy sod

Further to the Kilmarnock points - Mixu is a little bit silly mate so don't go getting your hopes up about Killie being any good. I'd place decent money that the first half of the season will be an improvement for you and after the honeymoon period is over' date=' Mixu's disastrous management methods will shine through and Kilmarnock will end up in the first division!![/quote']

Id rather have Mixu over that dinosaur Jefferies, Hearts have already reverted to his fav tactic (lump it up to Kyle). We will not be in the first div next season (St Mirren or Hamilton) but I predict 8th this season.

Ian I wasnt being serious about rating, over last few seasons our avg has rightly dropped as we have been very lucky to avoid the drop.

Cammy Bell 23 y/o GK rtd 80

This guy deserves to be rated higher. He's one of the best keepers in the SPL these days and should be rated at least 3pts higher than his current rating.

And I thought someone like Levein would have concentrated more on the SPL when he was made Scotland manager but other than his previous club he has not done so.

This was proved in the current squad for the double header we're in when he called up Matt Gilks. Bell deserved to be the third keeper in the squad.

Ian I wasnt being serious about rating' date=' over last few seasons our avg has rightly dropped as we have been very lucky to avoid the drop.[/quote']

Sorry Eck - wasn't having a pop or anything :D

Was just in a rush and wanted to send before i went out

Id rather have Mixu over that dinosaur Jefferies' date=' Hearts have already reverted to his fav tactic (lump it up to Kyle). We will not be in the first div next season (St Mirren or Hamilton) but I predict 8th this season.

Ian I wasnt being serious about rating, over last few seasons our avg has rightly dropped as we have been very lucky to avoid the drop.[/quote']

I wouldn't say we 'lump it to Kyle' so far this season to be fair. Hearts (with no disrespect meant at all) have superior players to Kilmarnock. We are able to get the ball wide, yes of course we can use Kyle's height and strength to our advantage as an added option but I wouldn't say we use that all the time.

JJ has won the scottish cup with Hearts and brought players in with very little money that have gone on to prove themselves at SPL level and beyond. Examples Colin Cameron, Neil McCann, Thomas Flogel, Davie Weir, Gary Naysmith etc etc etc and all with next to no transfer funds. At Kilmarnock he was constantly having his budget slashed so I could sympathise with him in that respect.

I am not saying JJ is a tactical genius or a class manager but he does what he can with the resources available. I think Kilmarnock fans should be a bit more understanding rather than labelling him a bad manager. Is Jimmy Calderwood also a bad manager considering he didn't really light Kilmarnock up after the initial decent run of form? I would say just give Mixu a few months and you may reconsider your prediction of 8th ;)

And for the record - I'm not having a dig B)

Its a myth that JJ's budget was slashed year on year at Killie, In the first 2 years it was but by the time he left Killie we had highest wage bill outside the City clubs. JJ did well in the first few years at Killie but this was due to inheriting Boyd who was already in the team and Naisy who was breaking through, after we sold them JJ got found out as he is way past his sell by date.

Killie will be fine this season as long as we dont have major injury problems.

Hi

Whats the situation with Thomas Rogne (celtic)

Will he rise' date=' he is 77 rating currently. Thanks[/quote']

He's currently injured right now. If he can get a clear run without injuries then he has a very good chance of establishing himself in the side. Neil Lennon rates him highly.

So yes, there is a very good chance he will continue to rise.